View Poll Results: Are you happy with Veer advertising?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 4.21%
  • No, advertising is really bad esp about Full smartphone features for zero dollars

60 63.16%
  • H/P is doing good by saving money on advertising

15 15.79%
  • We should give up our day jobs to make Veer Viral.

16 16.84%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks. Always best to wear Kevlar around here

And dm me for the issues you are having, or send me email...

The Touchpad ad's ... :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinfusor View Post
    At least Tamara Hope got people talking. No one even knows that the Veer exists.
    No. It is better to do nothing than to have creepy vampire girl. Those ads hurt Palm desperately.

There are so many things HP could have done at practically no cost. They could have put a Veer link on their main HP page:
    HP - United States | Laptop Computers, Desktops, Printers, Servers and more

Even the palm.com site is the same scroll as always:
    Pre 2 > Pre 3 > TP > Veer > Pre 2...

att.com has a link on their home page to their Android™ 1-Cent Sale.

The att.com scroll goes:
    UVerseTV > iPhone 4 > iPad > 4G Windows

Under att.com wireless the scroll is:
    iPhone 4 > Free phones (not Veer) > iPad 2 > iPhone 3GS

Click att.com's Shop Cell Phone Deals and Packages and there are 75 phone again including the Pre Plus and Pixi Plus but no Veer.

If you search att.com for "Veer", it is there as:
    HP Phones, Smartphones & Devices - Wireless from AT&T

HP is paying for a listing on Google Shopping for:
    HP Veer for AT&T - WhiteFB326AA#ABA $449.99 but not an on-contract listing...

If you go to amazon.com wireless and click att, they have 39 phones listed...none of which are the veer. Search for "veer" and they do sell it.

So on-line as well as in the stores, they do have the Veer. You just have to ask them to find one for you.

For one day could HP have asked AT&T and Amazon to at least put the Veer in their main listings?

This goes beyond "soft launch".
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 05/15/2011 at 02:33 PM.
    I went to BB in Attleboro, MA and asked about the Veer, the girl wasn't sure about it but asked the manager and he told her they had some in and to go check. After he explaind what it was and what it looked like, she came back empty handed. I asked ,"you sure you have them?" and he said yes. He came back empty handed and said ,"we don't have any in stock, HP didn't ship them to us yet". I asked if he's trying to bull**** me cause he wants me to get an android phone and he said no. I said ok and was about to walk away, then he asked if was interested in another phone and they just received the Infuse. Laughed at him and kept it moving.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjaakb View Post
    Just drove by the local Best Buy and guess what?....... 3 people in line for the Veer!!!!!!!!
    Guess whom?
    Rubinstein
    Kerris
    Apotheker
    Holding hands nonetheless! Glorious day for HPalm, 3 phones sold!

Oops, actually 4! Rubinstein getting one for his 9 year old too!
    Quote Originally Posted by rkerris View Post
    Ok, that WAS pretty funny... thanks
    The Veer advertising hasn't even begun... it will in a few short weeks, but I wont tell you any more than that...
    , .... my point is we are ramping up products, so they can be broadly available when the ads, web and other things hit big. Right now, there's reviews happening, because they are on the front of the line. All of this is part of the plan and there's a lot of people working hard to make it happen. We appreciate your support and hope this makes sense to you all.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sjaakb View Post
    Richard; Humour is the key to a long life, happy to hold your place in line as long as it is in front of Rubinstein ;-)

Have a safe flite and Leo sez it's okay to pay for internet access @ the airport as long as it comes out of the advertising budget.......;-)

If you didn't catch it, Richard hinted the big Veer advertising push may come with the Touchpad release. Makes sense since the Pre 3 release is slated for a couple of weeks after that, so let's lay off HP for now on this issue!

(Hope TTS on the Veer works as designed when the Touchpad and Veer ads hit!)
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 05/16/2011 at 03:53 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Am I the only one, I haven't seen any advertising.

ET
    I'm with you. What advertising??
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    If you didn't catch it, Richard hinted the big Veer advertising push will come with the Touchpad release. Makes sense since the Pre 3 release is slated for a couple of weeks after that, so let's lay off HP for now on this issue!

See, but that is a constant theme with Hp/Palm...

WAIT for the coming weeks or months, and we will start advertising, releasing phones/software/apps etc...

At one point you have to execute and execute well
    Currently, this is what's being advertised on AT&T's main page:

1. White iPhone 4
    2. Free phones (which includes the Pre Plus)
    3. iPad 2
    4. iPhone 3Gs

Screen shot 2011-05-15 at 12.58.39 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-05-15 at 12.58.47 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-05-15 at 12.58.55 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-05-15 at 12.59.03 PM.png

No where on the front page is a link to the Veer; on the flip side, there's also no showing of the new Infuse 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    See, but that is a constant theme with Hp/Palm...

WAIT for the coming weeks or months, and we will start advertising, releasing phones/software/apps etc...

At one point you have to execute and execute well
    TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    If you didn't catch it, Richard hinted the big Veer advertising push will come with the Touchpad release. Makes sense since the Pre 3 release is slated for a couple of weeks after that, so let's lay off HP for now on this issue!

I'm sorry but no it does not. The Veer is out now.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!

I caught that. You'd think though that HP would have prepared expectations a bit though at least in supporter communities such as this one.

And I'm not sure that anyone is that upset at a lack of commercials on tv at this point. It's the other forms of marketing. It's not preparing your retail partners for the initial demand that the first launch day will naturally have. Watching all those AT&T salesmen (HP's salesmen) wearing Infuse shirts?? Posters everywhere for that phone. All ready to push the Infuse.

Those two phones couldn't be any different. You can say the same for the launches. It's like watching a company with absolutely no clue at work. Even the flip flopping of their own website seems weird. First they offer it in white, then just black, then for free, then for 49.
    All part of the plan....lol

I don't even know what to say.

Why did HP buy palm again? obviously not for phones....

Well, something I would like to tell ya, HP, the phone is whats important for me. You can take your touchpad and go home.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

And dm me for the issues you are having, or send me email...

No venom from me, I got a Veer today for my 13 year-old daughter and she loves it! She gives her compliments to HP for cooking up the Veer, LOL.
    I have been following HP for a long time. Their advertising is weird. I don't even remember a big Envy push when it was released yet they still managed to sell a bunch of them.

HP may have a big push planned once the TouchPad and Pre3 launch. The Veer may end up seeing most of its advertising then. But having the product on the shelf is what is going to matter. When I was at the AT&T store today, there was not a single person looking at the iPhone or any Android phone. They were looking at the small phones and small smartphones along the wall. If HP can get the inventory out, they'll sell quite a few just on hands-on impressions only. And then once the big push hits you should see an increase.

My wife is not tech savvy and she fell in love with this phone. That will happen more often once the inventory gets out.
    I did see a commercial for the Veer on my international flight last week. Well it was some dude holding and talking about the Veer anyway. I'm sure Delta doesn't give those advertising spots away free (it was sandwiched between Ford ads).

Either way, it doesn't make sense to advertise the Veer without the touchpad. To me the only reason to own a Veer is as a supplement to the touchpad.
    My first post got clipped... thanks to airport free wifi being 45 min only. 'Click to reconnect...' what's that about?

Anyway, my point is we are ramping up products, so they can be broadly available when the ads, web and other things hit big. Right now, there's reviews happening, because they are on the front of the line.

All of this is part of the plan and there's a lot of people working hard to make it happen. We appreciate your support and hope this makes sense to you all.

Thanks
    Thank you Kerris!

Almost in every post (with a headache at times....lol), I have tried to explain this to folks that I believe you all HAVE a plan and we will most likely see advertising within a week or so.

Ok, folks can we now calm down, enjoy the ride and let HP do work.

PS: I hope the Pre 3 and Touchpad will be on Sprint day 1.
    Last edited by RoverNole; 05/15/2011 at 11:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    No. It is better to do nothing than to have creepy vampire girl. Those ads hurt Palm desperately.
    It is never better to do nothing. People can't buy a product that they don't know about. Besides, "Flow" was actually a good ad.
    "Visits? Well that would indicate visitors."
    "Future events such as these will affect you in the future."
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I don't understand where you get the idea that things will ramp up in a week or so. Kerris says that they are ramping up products so they can be broadly available when the ads, web and other things hit big. To me, that suggests that there will be no real advertising of the veer until the Pre 3 and TP are available.
    It has been my personal opinion that HP would begin an advertising campaign for the Veer within a week or 2 after its released, like many products....especially since its not HP's bread/butter (Touchpad/Pre 3).

Also, I took from RKerris post, that this might be the case, although it would be nice to see ads tomorrow. Again, I am enjoying the ride while looking forward to the Pre 3 and Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    It has been my personal opinion that HP would begin an advertising campaign for the Veer within a week or 2 after its released, like many products....especially since its not HP's bread/butter (Touchpad/Pre 3).

Also, I took from RKerris post, that this might be the case, although it would be nice to see ads tomorrow. Again, I am enjoying the ride while looking forward to the Pre 3 and Touchpad.
    Then I would appreciate a thread to discuss it when that happens.

Its meaningless to open a thread asking people to vote and talk about....nothing. I fails to see what this can accomplish.
    Does HP plan to advertise the Veer? At all?
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Does HP plan to advertise the Veer? At all?
    I think it was hinted that advertising will start in a couple of weeks and that it may be linked with the TouchPad ads.

If no one knows it is available and as a company you are not worried about poor day one sales, why not wait a couple of weeks and begin advertising the Veer along with the TouchPad and Pre 3. Maybe they are going after the S, M, L thing (Fine with me, just don't make that the primary focus please).

On a side note, they didnít have any at the BB store I stopped at yesterday. At least the sales guy knew of it though and said they would get some in soon.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast