1.    #1  
    449.99, mods please change title to 449.99

HP Veer (TM) 4G* Cell Phone - Wireless from AT&T

early termination $325

do not see 1 yr contract

2 yr 99.99 w minimum $15 data monthly

edit: HP site HP wireless central
    599.99 off contract
    2 yr $0 w $150 termination (requires at least 1 month service or will have to pay off contract price)
    $36 activation fee

replacement parts (0n HP site, not ATT site):
    adaptor 9.99
    touchstone 69.99
    mag cable 19.99

are only the black ones listed for both sites now as white one was pulled from HP wireless central?

edit2: HP site no longer links to HP Wireless Central but rather straight to ATT, someone fixed a boo boo

edit 3: HP Wireless central is powered by Best Buy Mobile, no longer by Simplexity as it was with the Pre2.
    Last edited by bluenote; 05/15/2011 at 04:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    449.99, mods pls chng title

HP Veer (TM) 4G* Cell Phone - Wireless from AT&T

early termination $150 *this could change as PrePlus and Pixi are higher

do not see 1 yr contract

Yes, the Veer is now available for purchase on the AT&T Website using the above link.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    I thought it was going to be available in white too. AT&T website only lists black as an option...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Nevermind, found the white Veer here:
    https://hp.bbymsolutions.com/detail/717

You can also get the Veer for free from this site (with 2-year contract).
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Nevermind, found the white Veer here:
    https://hp.bbymsolutions.com/detail/717
    You see the off-contract price (listed as "replacement phone")?

$599.99

Holy Cow!
    I'll pass on the White Veer at that price.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    You see the off-contract price (listed as "replacement phone")?

$599

Holy Cow!
    Yea... I would NEVER pay $600 for a Veer. lol
    Is HP trying to commit suicide? 600 dollars is a complete and absolute rip-off. The Pre 2 priced at 450 is quite a stretch, charging 150 for a smartphone inferior on all possible accounts is hilarious =/ The Motorola Atrix can be bought for less than the Veer, and it's superior in absolutely everything...
    HP Wireless Central just pulled the link to the white Veer...
    Quote Originally Posted by augustofretes View Post
    Is HP trying to commit suicide? 600 dollars is a complete and absolute rip-off. The Pre 2 priced at 450 is quite a stretch, charging 150 for a smartphone inferior on all possible accounts is hilarious =/ The Motorola Atrix can be bought for less than the Veer, and it's superior in absolutely everything...
    The Veer is $450.
    The Veer is $450.
    Mmm, my bad, the white one is listed as "replacement phone: $599".

I still think 450 is too much, the Pre 2 is a better device (and it's relatively expensive compared to current devices e.g. Samsung Galaxy S)

I still think 450 is too much, the Pre 2 is a better device (and it's relatively expensive compared to current devices e.g. Samsung Galaxy S)
    HP Wireless Central is charging $600 for the off-contract black and white Veers. AT&T only lists the black Veer. They are selling it off-contract for $450.

And yea, I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a Veer. I'd rather get something else.... lol. That's just me though.
    And yea, I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a Veer. I'd rather get something else.... lol. That's just me though.
    Sadly (because I like WebOS), I think most people will be like you (and me) xD.

But then most people (at least in the US) don't buy their phones unsubsidized. What I do think is ridiculous is the price they're charging for a new Touchstone. You can get those for $15-$20 on Amazon.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Replacement magnetic USB cable is $20.
    https://hp.bbymsolutions.com/detail/...P=0&planFirst=

Replacement 3.5 mm Audio Adapter is $10.
    https://hp.bbymsolutions.com/detail/...P=0&planFirst=
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    But then most people (at least in the US) don't buy their phones unsubsidized. What I do think is ridiculous is the price they're charging for a new Touchstone. You can get those for $15-$20 on Amazon.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    That's true, but the HP Veer isn't exactly cheap on contract ($99), I wonder if the Best Buy deal will be popular (free is the right price for the Veer on contract).

About the Touchstones prices... it's ridiculous, those things costs like 1 or 2 dollars to make XD
    That's true, but the HP Veer isn't exactly cheap on contract ($99), I wonder if the Best Buy deal will be popular (free is the right price for the Veer on contract).

About the Touchstones prices... it's ridiculous, those things costs like 1 or 2 dollars to make XD
    The Veer is free with 2-year contract from HP Wireless Central.
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    The "early termination fee" is only $150. Could one not just sign up for the contract, get it "free", then pay the termination fee?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by aapold View Post
    The "early termination fee" is only $150. Could one not just sign up for the contract, get it "free", then pay the termination fee?
    The link to the HP store was removed from Palm's (HP's) site and replaced with link to ATT. ATT is charging $325 termination fee.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    The link to the HP store was removed from Palm's (HP's) site and replaced with link to ATT. ATT is charging $325 termination fee.
    Yes, but the HP Wireless Central Veer pages are still up and functional.
    https://hp.bbymsolutions.com/category/phones
  20.    #20  
    Yes, but the HP Wireless Central Veer pages are still up and functional.
    https://hp.bbymsolutions.com/category/phones
    Yes, the HP Wireless store is powered by Best Buy Mobile, very interesting.
    So you may end up paying $150 + $36 activation fee + any charges for first month of service.
    ATT agreement on Best Buy mobile site says you must wait 30 days to terminate, if you don't and keep the phone, you will have to pay the full off contract price (see below)

"you terminate within 30 days and fail to return the Equipment to AT&T, you will be subject to an Equipment Fee in the maximum amount of the difference between the no-commitment price of the Equipment and the amount you actually paid for the Equipment. AT&T may charge you a restocking fee for any returned Equipment. Some dealers impose additional fees"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast