Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Kinda bad news for people like me paying full retail. $449 plus tax its gonna be like $500 ouch!
    Wait. HP's site states $150 ETF while AT&T states $325.

So is HP charging an addition $150 on top of ATT fee?

Or is it a fluke?

Take a screenshot and argue and might get it knocked down to 150 when you cancel and have proof that it clearly states $150. I just went through the checkout process and on every step it said $150 ETF. Making the phone well $150 since it's free from HP!

hmmmmmmmmmmmm
    God! So what is Veer's price after all? $0 for 2 year contract and $150 with ETF?
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    God! So what is Veer's price after all? $0 for 2 year contract and $150 with ETF?
    Here's how it looks to me at least:

Buy it from HP with a new line. $0 up front for the white one using BBmobile.

Keep it for 30 days then cancel, pay the $150 early termination fee.

You get a contract free veer (locked to AT&T) for $150

Hopefully Nextgen will have an unlock solution out by then. $25 - $40 or so.

That's the real deal, unlocked Veer - cost $190

Let's see how long that $150 early termination fee lasts with bbmobile ....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    One thing: who will want an unlocked Veer?
    Same story: what's the deal with the 3G frequencies. Will it fly on other carriers or crash?
    I do want an unlocked Veer, since I'm not from the US, so I'd buy one for $200 in a heartbeat.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Thing is I'm pretty sure the $150 cancellation fee is just a misprint. If you click on the fine print it says sure enough there is a $325 applicable termination fee.
    + activation fee?
    I just had a look at the page. I can't say I'm surprised, but the way they pictured it, it looks puny, dull, and unattractive.

I swear they're doing this on purpose. There's not even one of those fancy animated feature lists that they have for every single other phone on that website, including the Pre Plus! (I think)

EDIT: Yeah, the Pre Plus has a fancy animated feature list thing too.

EDIT 2: You know what surprised me at first but after a moment didn't really? The Veer shows up above the Infuse when you look at the list of all Smartphones. Then I thought about it. Your average customer will be looking through for a new phone. After a few seconds of scrolling down, they scroll to the bottom and read up, looking for the 'best' or whatever they think is down there. When this happens, the Infuse appears before the Veer, therefore they see it first, "AMG FOUR AND A HALF INCHES AND ANDROID DERP", they shell out the $200,- and two years of their life, without ever even seeing the Veer.
    Last edited by TheAngelOfElysium; 05/15/2011 at 03:39 AM.
    Let me show you what cynicism looks like.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Oh hell, it's using the 2100 3G band that will work just about anywhere in the world right?
    Hmm, not sure. All I know is the 3G is supported in the major carriers around here, coming from AT&T. If it was from T-Mobile, only the EDGE would work.
    Quote Originally Posted by dukel View Post
    Thing is I'm pretty sure the $150 cancellation fee is just a misprint. If you click on the fine print it says sure enough there is a $325 applicable termination fee.
    false information. Consumer will win.
    EXTRA EXTRA! Read all about it!
    Conspriacy. . veer fail to boot Rubinstein!

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    This is HP's line of thinking.
    Everyone knows you don't make money on drawing in new customers. You make the real money on your rapidly shrinking loyal customer base.
    Even better, those people all got on contract with Pres on a different carrier, or if they're on AT&T they got their Pre+ less than two years ago. So if they must have a new Palm phone, we can charge them as much as we want for the phone off contract and they can't do a damn thing.
    Even better, there are those developers (ha ha). If they live in other countries, on top of being royally screwed already, we can charge them an additional $450-600 on top of the Pre 2 they bought three months ago. And some of them will need more than one device. The webOS Internals guy will probably need like 5, lol.
    The best thing is, we don't even need to blow any money on advertising this way!
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Lots of confusion between HP and At&t.
    Hmmmm. Would the rebelsimcard work with this phone... Interesting. I'd get it over here in a heartbeat. I love my Pre, and the Pre 3 looks great. But I just don't use all that power and functionality. This small phone would suffice.
    Check out Best Buy Mobile to get Veer 4G free free with 2-yr contract
    HP - Veer 4G Mobile Phone - Black (AT&T) - P160UNA
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAngelOfElysium View Post
    Your average customer will be looking through for a new phone. After a few seconds of scrolling down, they scroll to the bottom and read up, looking for the 'best' or whatever they think is down there. When this happens, the Infuse appears before the Veer, therefore they see it first, "AMG FOUR AND A HALF INCHES AND ANDROID DERP", they shell out the $200,- and two years of their life, without ever even seeing the Veer.
    I read from left to right, top to bottom, always. Never seen anybody else done differently, though I hear Chinese is read back to front.
    NNJ
    He's trying to say the Infuse will catch people's attention first and they may jump on it without even looking further.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    He's trying to say the Infuse will catch people's attention first and they may jump on it without even looking further.
    I forgot my smiley, but that wasn't what I understood him to write.
    dukel's excitement is pretty darned infectious in the other threads!
    NNJ
    I know he said they would go to the bottom then scroll back up, but the part about the huge screen grabbing attention is what I'm thinking.

Another thing I noticed is the white iPhone now has a nice spot on the front page. No Veer notice anywhere to be found. AT&T is not advertising this phone. Where's HP?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12