Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    I don't know if this is so much a Veer bug, as possibly ATT changing/updating their software. Since Mobile HotSpot is carrier controlled right? The unlocked phones don't ship with the mobile hotspot app I thought, only the ATT phones?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I'm using a german Veer (webOS 2.1.1) on T-Mobile Germany and can confirm following issues:

Audio Pop
    This one is easily reproducable. It happens almost every time when I turn off the screen shortly after throwing a card off the screen. I used to do this all the time on my Pre- without the pop from the speaker.

Swipe-down-from-right-corner-menu issue
    Sometimes the swipe-down menu won't show up even though it seems to open. The swipe-down-from-left-corner works fine though and shows up as you expect it to.
    I haven't yet figured out what may cause this problem but had it a few times already. At first I thought this happened after connecting the phone to a computer via USB but I just failed to reproduce the issue.
    Everything will work fine again after luna restart.

Signal strength
    The signal strength is pretty low on the Veer. I don't know if it's a software issue or if it's hardware related. On my Pre- I used to have almost double the signal strength than on the Veer (ca. 4 bars on Pre vs. 2 bars on Veer at home).

I have installed Preware, Brightness unlinked and six patches (Add Music Player To Exhibition Mode German, Character Counter, Google First Sync 1 yr Back 4 yrs Forward, More Standby Times DE, Reverse Number Lookup German and Video Downloads). Everything else is stock.
    Last edited by tomm-jay; 07/24/2011 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Added carrier info
    Quote Originally Posted by tomm-jay View Post
    I'm using a german Veer (webOS 2.1.1) on T-Mobile Germany and can confirm following issues:

Sometimes the swipe-down menu won't show up even though it seems to open. The swipe-down-from-left-corner works fine though and shows up as you expect it to.
    I haven't yet figured out what may cause this problem but had it a few times already. At first I thought this happened after connecting the phone to a computer via USB but I just failed to reproduce the issue.

I have installed Preware, Brightness unlinked and six patches (Add Music Player To Exhibition Mode German, Character Counter, Google First Sync 1 yr Back 4 yrs Forward, More Standby Times DE, Reverse Number Lookup German and Video Downloads). Everything else is stock.
    On an ATT USA Veer, I have noticed the top right bar issue. I have the top bar patch so I have been assuming it is related to that. Left corner works fine, and a reboot has fixed the right corner when it has happened.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...

Audio Pop
    This one is easily reproducable. It happens almost every time when I turn off the screen shortly after throwing a card off the screen. I used to do this all the time on my Pre- without the pop from the speaker.
    Confirmed on mine. Happens pretty often.

Confirmed. Reported this on page 1 of this thread (post #16), but I don't believe HardBeatz has yet replied with a "issue has been logged" message.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    AT&T Veer "4G"
    confirm audio pop (very often)
    confirm IMAP IDLE often does not work
    confirm unresponsive touchscreen when hot/humid

Preware installed with top menu system and mode patches
    I just discovered that the Help app on my Veer does not show up anything. Maybe this is a bug?! When I open the app I can see the main menu but whenever I try to read the short tips or view the clips I get an error message showing me that this page could not be loaded. This also happens when I try to access the help from the left corner swipe-down-menu in any app. The search also won't give any results. As I already mentioned I'm running webOS 2.1.1 on a german Veer.
    I just discovered that the Help app on my Veer does not show up anything. Maybe this is a bug?! When I open the app I can see the main menu but whenever I try to read the short tips or view the clips I get an error message showing me that this page could not be loaded. This also happens when I try to access the help from the left corner swipe-down-menu in any app. The search also won't give any results. As I already mentioned I'm running webOS 2.1.1 on a german Veer.
    I can confirm this problem. I also have a (unlocked) German Veer with WebOS 2.1.1 and T-Mobile as provider.
    Last edited by sbock; 07/27/2011 at 07:51 AM.
    help is working for me.... I remember folks having random issues with help on 1.x

do you have good data signal when you are getting the help errors?

ohhh and my camera has tweaked a couple times and lost the pic it just took
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    help is working for me.... I remember folks having random issues with help on 1.x
    Now that you mention this, if I remember correctly I used to have those problems with 1.4.5 too.

I'm on my WiFi at home. Maximum WiFi signal and high speed internet connection (16 mbps). Web and other internet related stuff works fine.

Yes, I also tried 3G and Wifi and never get any help screen. I don't use patches and reflashed the device once. I have the problem with both SIM cards I own and with 2 different Veers. I even changed the system language from German to English but the same result...
    Play button in Music player notification does not work in locked screen mode.

I can see the screen registers the tap, but playback won't resume. Not until I tap it at a specific corner of the button after 5-6 taps.

Works in Exhibition and unlocked.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Now that you mention this, if I remember correctly I used to have those problems with 1.4.5 too.
    Yeah I have never been to replicate it that I remember, then again I usually have only used help when someone says they are having an issue.
    Photo App Issue - Not Camera App

Just found out that what I thought was an issue with the camera app is actually an issue with the photo indexing. I was browsing the photo folder using internalz and found that photos that I thought were lost/never saved by the camera app, are in the folder, just not indexed by the photo app.
    I have no trouble adding bookmarks, and viewing the 12 most recent thumbnails. However, when I open the bookmarks menu, I see a blank page with the Bookmarks header. Less than 10% of the time, the bookmarks page displays as it should, so that I can reorder and delete my bookmarks. When I try to reproduce what I was doing immediately before my "successful" trial, I see the blank page once again. My problem seems related to that described in Post #116, but deleting to fewer than 20 bookmarks did not solve my problem. I have no patches installed (alas, I cannot get WOSQI to recognize my Veer, which was the subject of post #160 which seems to have been ignored by everyone so far--I could still use some help with that also!).
    Quote Originally Posted by collaborative_learning View Post
    After typing the familiar upupdowndown etc, the icon to enter Dev mode appears. I can activate the slider to turn on Dev mode, but there is no "reminder" to reboot the device. Whether I reboot (using option sym r) or not , my Veer is NOT seen by WebOS Quick Install 4.2.3. So I can't install the IPK to fix the music indexing, or anything else for that matter.
    You using Windows?

Plug your Veer in, and check in Device Manager. See if Palm Novacom appears as a device.

After that to fix your bookmark issue, there's a patch for that in Preware.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

CALENDAR/Synergy BUGS
    (German unlocked Veer)

(1) Google calendar sync via Google account:
    - 'sync now' does not do anything (never)
    - sync at scheduled interval does not work dependably (most events sync eventually though)
    - some events never synch from Veer to Google

Note that removing and re-adding the Google calendar account will trigger an instant and complete sync (so it can do it, and Google does not seem to be at fault here).

(2) Google calendar sync via exchange account:
    - duplicate entries show up in an 'undefined' calendar and are displayed in all calendars and default group views
    - manually removing 'undefined calendar entries' sometimes also deletes the Google calendar entry
    - sync interval cannot be set from calendar prefs (you have to go into email prefs to change from the default push setting ... at least the setting should be displayed in the calendar prefs)

(3) General usability bugs (i.e.: technically no bugs but 'features' I'd consider bugs from a user's perspective):
    - all day events not marked in month view
    - Google and Yahoo calendar sync limited to a few weeks in advance
    - Exchange sync not syncing past events
    For your enhancements, try UberCalendar in Preware.

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    For your enhancements, try UberCalendar in Preware.
    Already installed. But IMHO you should not need to patch the OS in order to get basic functionality from a standard application like a calendar.

Same goes for all the patches needed to comfortably access basic device settings like data, wifi, gps, roaming etc. While the available patches are nice and get the job done I'd expect most of the things offered by them to be included in the OS from the start. I'm thinking of the features/tweaks offered by the 'advanced ...' patches and 'mode switcher' for instance.

Don't get me wrong ... I really like the Veer, mainly because of the size and built quality. I also like WEBOS in principle. But why the OS lacks necessary, quite basic features and/or customization options which are obviously not too hard to implement (as proven by the availability of homebrew patches) is beyond me.
    the thing you miss is that not every setup is right for every person, HP sells a certain setup, then supports homebrew which lets you customize your device setup to your needs
    When a message comes in as a small notification, symbols become markup codes.

e.g. In an incoming SMS or IM, "I'm..." becomes "I'm..."