Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Not a software bug as far as I know... I had a Veer where the radio seemed to fall asleep during the course of the day. Couldn't get email, text, call in, or call out. Turning airplane mode on then off did not wake the radio. Only thing that did was a device restart.

Exchanged it at AT&T corporate store.
    Replacement Veer seems to have serious power issues. In the day I've had it there were no less than six or seven random restarts. Happened twice when placing the phone on a touchstone. Happened once when dialing a number. Happened while opening a program (can't remember which). Happened a few other times during low level use.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    This happens to me too, Screen Freezes Off during/after phone calls.
    I try to clean my screen as often as possible.
    For me it was a proximity sensor problem. I changed the phone and no longer have this issue. It never freezes off after phone calls.
    I haven't time to read all posts here yet, so sorry if I do double report, I just want to report that data connection icon never dim on my Veer. Is it a bug or not? I'm not sure, because I never have GSM WebOS phone before. I have Verizon Pre+, the data connection can do dim and light if there is or not data connection flow.
    Don't know how this happened, but I actually got a TMC today when my alarm clock tried going off. First time ever on a 512MB device.

I only had 5 cards open at that time: Messaging, E-Mail, Video Player, Music Player (neither had anything loaded), Freecell. Also open is Weather Dashboard Lite.

Phone was on dock and in Exhibition clock.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I would say I've experienced about 90% of the issues described in this thread on my two Veers. There's just way to many issues and a majority of them have already been confirmed.

Yes, I've currently have two Veers, one black and one white. Color is irrelevent, they're both equally buggy! At this juncture, I'd say the the black one acts up more often than the white one, however, I began using it 10 days before I activated the white one, so its had more use.

If the white Veer starts acting up more frequently as time goes on, I'll post another note in here.

Thanks,
    TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    Bug reporters: please remember to state whether your device is running patches or homebrew software or not.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    The only patch I have on mine right now is the bookmark fix and close slider to hangup when not on handset. Otherwise bone dry stock.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Music Player notification sometimes won't appear. Last time this happened was after my phone was plugged into USB with the app open. After hitting the Shuffle All then going to another card.

Also the notification occasionally does not respond when phone is locked (play, backwards forwards buttons)

Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    Not a software bug as far as I know... I had a Veer where the radio seemed to fall asleep during the course of the day. Couldn't get email, text, call in, or call out. Turning airplane mode on then off did not wake the radio. Only thing that did was a device restart.

Exchanged it at AT&T corporate store.
    YES! Finally someone else is experiencing the same problems I am! To make matters worse, once re-started, I don't get notifications for missed texts/calls. Super bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    Replacement Veer seems to have serious power issues. In the day I've had it there were no less than six or seven random restarts. Happened twice when placing the phone on a touchstone. Happened once when dialing a number. Happened while opening a program (can't remember which). Happened a few other times during low level use.
    Mine has had this problem too, though not as bad as yours. Did a, "Full Erase" and haven't had the problem since (though 'radio' issue persists).

Also... New issue:

Two days ago, my battery started bleeding at an alarming rate; about 10% per hour and it wasn't even being used. This only lasted about eight hours, but still...

Running stock, no patches/homebrew. I have log files for these issues and more if anyone still cares, but I'm going to exchange my phone today.
    cant find it right now in the thread but have to confirm the text correction issue: typing sms, tapping red dotted word, select alternative word from suggestion list, type more, send. the other one will receive the original not corrected text.
    Messaging seems to randomly freeze up. Not freezing up the phone, but the service behind it seems to lock up. Symptom is when network connection is weak or switches between Wi-Fi and HSPA, the status would get stuck in "Offline" and some buddies on the list as if Messaging was online. Resetting the radio does not help, needs a phone restart to recover.

I'm getting the email problem... Several hours pass with no notification, then boom, 10 emails all at once. I had good Data signal the whole time.

Am using Preware, with several patches, including Email mega-mix, Advanced System Menus, and the test version of Ubercalendar. (which is uber-great, btw )

My wife has a stock Veer, and has seen same thing on it. I'm purposely keeping hers stock, to compare with.
    I´m getting failures now with PDV View. Worked great for a week, but now any files over a page or so just produce an eternal spin on the grey screen. Several restarts, deleting and re-downloading files don´t make a difference.
    Just to be sure, I tried this on the wife´s since hers is stock, and reproduced the same problem.
    This is probably still webOS related, not just the Veer, since the PDF on the Pre was terrible as well. Apparently it still is.
    Can some of you try to duplicate this? Download a large file, like a full magazine or book. Maybe the Veer user guide... that´d be ironic. Try to open it, then move around a lot using the number search or jump to features. Then go back, open a different file. I only had to do this a couple of times to get the freeze on both of these units.
    Here are my 5 cents regarding bugs on the Veer; some/most of the issues have been reported before:

Software
    - Random auto-dimming as reported; actually occurs almost every time I unlock the screen. Also, after that, when manually adjusting the brightness level to 100%, the screen does not get as bright as it does when the auto-dim did not occur.

- As reported: When you turn on your Veer or restart it (slider closed), the screen will not be locked (as is rightly the case when charging) until you have opened and closed the slider once. This is not random, happens every morning (I turn off my Veer over night).

- GPS and Google maps: never works from the outset - location could not be determined/not available (or something like that). GPS always works with the AT&T navigator or Navit, and if I open one of them first, it then also works in Google maps.

- App catalog: Every time when I open it while on 3G/Edge/GPRS, I lose the network connection (icon on top-bar disappears immediately) and the app tells me that I need to be connected to the internet. As soon as I close it, the network connection is re-established. Very weird. Does not happen on wifi. I did also not experience any changes to the geo-restrictions as reported in another thread (only free apps; AppCat preferences are greyed-out).

- Mobile hotspot: not working, no matter what (change prefs, connect different devices). freeTether works perfect. For sure, my carrier is not to blame, I'd be allowed to tether, I checked that.

- Entering manual network settings in phone preferences (APNs) can be very painful, with settings not being saved (endless spinning wheel) or accepted. I managed to get through though, but something isn't quite right there, especially if you want to change already entered settings.

- Every time I open the phone prefs (and only there), the phone doesn't show me the content from the top but automatically scrolls down to the middle (like a reloaded browser page that, after loading, scrolls back to the previous position).

- Email, unified Inbox view: When manually syncing emails, no progress/spinning wheel is shown in the upper right, emails just show up after a while. This is not the case in the individual Inbox view.

- Voice dial icon: when I move the icon from the first launcher page to another and restart the device/luna, it will again show up on the first launcher page (I'm aware that this is a known issue and have the "hide icon" patch installed).

- Photo roll: pics are largely sorted by date, but not all of them, some are placed randomly (all taken with the Veer itself).

Hardware
    (not necessarily bugs, but still - I'd like to hear your opinion on these points)

- When the slider is closed and I touch the screen (e.g. write a text msg), the "two" parts of the phone (i.e. the "screen part" and the "keyboard part") chatter slightly. Not a big problem but somehow annoying. The two parts are also not perfectly aligned, maybe half a millimeter displaced (when closed). So far, my Veer never fell down; so that's not the reason for that.

- When I press the shell/body/casing of the Veer just above the magnet port, I can hear a click as if the casing wasn't engaged properly (but it is). Again not a big problem, but as the issue above - and being a geek, having a new toy since only two weeks - there's a bit of a "cheap" feel to it. Workmanship could have been slightly better (might be only my Veer and I am sure 99% of users wouldn't care).

Sorry, this got quite long now. Just quickly, here's some background info on my Veer:

I'm using an unlocked (digitalunlock) At&T Veer on a Swiss network, some of the issues above might be owed to that. I have a few patches installed, but nothing too fancy, i.e. date as carrier string, mute icon, battery percentage...

Coming from an iPhone 4, I'm new to the webos-club; had to reduce Apple's dominance over my digital life. I mostly like webos with a few caveats, even though the transition was painful (apps, contacts, calendars etc.), but better now than later (or never.

Keep up the excellent work you're doing here!
    Every time I open the phone prefs (and only there), the phone doesn't show me the content from the top but automatically scrolls down to the middle (like a reloaded browser page that, after loading, scrolls back to the previous position).
    can confirm this but I never noticed it before. Sounds like a CSS problem.

- When the slider is closed and I touch the screen (e.g. write a text msg), the "two" parts of the phone (i.e. the "screen part" and the "keyboard part") chatter slightly. Not a big problem but somehow annoying. The two parts are also not perfectly aligned, maybe half a millimeter displaced (when closed). So far, my Veer never fell down; so that's not the reason for that.

When I press the shell/body/casing of the Veer just above the magnet port, I can hear a click as if the casing wasn't engaged properly (but it is). Again not a big problem, but as the issue above - and being a geek, having a new toy since only two weeks - there's a bit of a "cheap" feel to it. Workmanship could have been slightly better (might be only my Veer and I am sure 99% of users wouldn't care).
    Mine aligns perfectly none of these problems. Might be your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbop View Post
    - Mobile hotspot: not working, no matter what (change prefs, connect different devices). freeTether works perfect. For sure, my carrier is not to blame, I'd be allowed to tether, I checked that.
    Are you on Bell?

Quote Originally Posted by gnark View Post
    cant find it right now in the thread but have to confirm the text correction issue: typing sms, tapping red dotted word, select alternative word from suggestion list, type more, send. the other one will receive the original not corrected text.
    i've to correct myself. the case when i reproduced it was false, the person that i've asked what she received was so confused she told me the wrong word.

fact is: the described behaviour was not experienced by me (sorry!)

2.1.1 german

i cannot confirm:
    - hardware ill-alignment, mine fits perfectly, no click sound when pressing
    - gps issues, works just like on my pre: works, not crippled
    - app catalog data connection outage, reset, switch

i can confirm:
    - random screen dim, mostly observed in bright daylight
    - short (2-5 seconds) freeze while sending or receiving sms. seems like the overall callback architecture is disturbed by a blocking call that halts the complete ui
    - auto scrolldown in phone prefs

have to investigate, observe:
    - when i pull the veer out of the pocket, sometimes (2 times) it was on, when it was like that it had phantom touches until i switched it off and on again. probably it is because it got switched on by me by mistake inside the pocket of my trousers and then tried to "ajust" to the weak touch input of my leg producing the effect? i am just a little worried about phantom touches as they killed my minus
    Garfonso likes this.
    HI
    I am running version 2.1.2 of webOS on the HP veer on ATT and I ran into a bug where the screen randomly flickers on and off repeatly and has the airplane mode or power button menue pop up every time.

I have tried restarting, but the only solution I have found is waiting until the screen turns on and holding the button on the right hand corner and then the screen stays on until I release the button.
    The "pull out of pocket already on" issue is to do with the slider. The slider triggers event way too easily. Either a hardware fix to allow a bit more wiggle room before it triggers a slider open event, or add a software fix delay and recheck before triggering event.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast