Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    BUG: More Random Shutdowns

Alright, two more random shutdowns, this time both while using the camera app immediately after pressing the shutter button. The shot being taken never got saved and the previous shot that was successfully captured and viewed is now just a grey "X" logo.

But it gets worse...

After re-booting the first time and making a log file, I tried taking the picture again and my Veer shutdown again. This time, when I tried to re-boot, all I got was a black screen with a giant battery logo with a question mark in the middle. I know the battery was fully charge because my phone displayed this symbol for the next 4 1/2 hours while I was completely unable to power down, re-start or anything.

When I got home, I snapped my Veer onto it's touchstone and it re-booted and began charging. I created another log file and await help from cyber space...

I would attach my log files here, but .tar files are not supported
    Quote Originally Posted by ceveret3 View Post
    I have a data leak issue. I purchased the Veer and activated it with a prepaid at&t sim card. I have not taken the phone outside my wifi network, but periodically it will turn off wifi and use 3g which cost ($.01/5kb)

This usually happens when web browsing or using twitter.
    You can turn off the data from the phone preferences. Open the phone app, open the menu, select Preferences & Accounts, then scroll down to the Network section and turn off Data Usage. That ought to take care of the phantom data.

You can also check your wifi preferences. There is a menu option there for sleep settings. You want to make sure it's set to Keep Wifi On, which is the default, I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAdam View Post
    BUG: More Random Shutdowns

Alright, two more random shutdowns, this time both while using the camera app immediately after pressing the shutter button. The shot being taken never got saved and the previous shot that was successfully captured and viewed is now just a grey "X" logo.

But it gets worse...

After re-booting the first time and making a log file, I tried taking the picture again and my Veer shutdown again. This time, when I tried to re-boot, all I got was a black screen with a giant battery logo with a question mark in the middle. I know the battery was fully charge because my phone displayed this symbol for the next 4 1/2 hours while I was completely unable to power down, re-start or anything.

When I got home, I snapped my Veer onto it's touchstone and it re-booted and began charging. I created another log file and await help from cyber space...

I would attach my log files here, but .tar files are not supported
    Wow, that's terrible. I wonder if perhaps your USB drive is corrupted. I think if I were you, I would copy off everything you need from the USB drive, and then try a full erase reset, which you can get to from the device info app, reset options. And if that doesn't work, I would use the webOS doctor.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Email sync failure.

I am running an unmodified Veer (AT&T) using Exchange, Yahoo, and Gmail accounts. When I have deleted email using the Veer I have seen that the Veer shows the correct inbox data while there is no sync back to the Exchange server (laptop) and my Pre-(Sprint). I also have seen that the Veer will stop receiving new email in a similar fashion while the other devices are receiving. Rebooting the Veer corrects this problem but there are no alerts indicating a problem with the sync.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    A few more bugs to report - perhaps just me. When I start the camera, the first picture I take is almost always not taken. It's just sort of... lost.

The "can't scroll a list" problem in applications (various) seems to be much worse on the Veer than it is on the Pre 2.

Some apps (eg eWeather and News) never fully start on the Veer. (Mine just starts and has a "wait" spinner over the main window, and never finishes starting.)

There's often a very long delay after removing the phone from the Touchstone and it actually going back to the "main" display.

A lot of these things "feel" like there's some kind of power management going on that is working wrong - it thinks the phone is 'idle' when it's in use, or the 'activity timer', however that's handled, isn't being managed properly.
    I've switched back to my Pre 2 (on 2.1.2) to verify that the notification problems are Veer related and can confirm that my notifications ALWAYS work on the Pre 2 hardware, but the Veer, not. Again, I'm under the impression this has to do with extensive power management issues...

Thanks,
    Stacey
    Im praying HP fixes the SMS delay issue very soon, its really starting to get annoying!
    Last edited by Trader05; 06/06/2011 at 12:29 PM.
    elitepyro likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Charging. If Veer shuts down on low-battery, and is then plugged in to a charger, the phone will charge briefly and power on - when webOS finishes booting, charging will stop. Cable needs to be removed and re-attached to continue charging process.

webOS 2.1.2, AT&T, stock.
    Had the same problem yesterday. Thought I had not put the charger on correctly or something on user end but then I see I'm not the only one. First time I had the phone shut down because of a low battery.
    TMC issue. After a kid was playing Angry birds for a very long time I was getting TMC error with no cards open or attempting to just open one card. Reboot took care of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by riw View Post
    Had the same problem yesterday. Thought I had not put the charger on correctly or something on user end but then I see I'm not the only one. First time I had the phone shut down because of a low battery.
    Also had the same issue and i was using a touchstone.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Maybe final problem: the AIM part of the Messaging application seems to have serious problems staying connected across network types (wifi/3G) and connectivity loss. When this happens, it'll either log out and not log back in, or *look* logged in (list of buddies still there) but be signed out and I'll be unable to sign back in until I restart the phone.

This is likely not Veer-specific.
    I had the audio streaming issue using RadioTime, which was one of my favorite apps on my 2.1 Pre-. Skipped constantly, drove me nuts, I turned it off.

Also--to my amazement--the Veer got stuck in headset mode twice, requiring a reboot! I was sure that with a mag connector that would be a thing of the past, but alas, not. I think it's related to either Bluetooth or Voicedial.

(Still assessing how much of a hit I'll take streaming audio on AT&T, but that's another thread.)
    Possible new bug - has happened x 2 now:
    From what I have read on this thread, this is a new audio bug for the Veer. Everything was working fine yesterday, but this morning, the alarm failed to make any sound. All alarm/email/txt notifications were working fine onscreen, but no sound or vibration came out of the phone. This was true not only of notifications, but the ringer was not working either (and no, the sound setting was NOT set to mute). An incoming call would show up on the screen, and I could carry out a conversation, but there was no ring. And when I switched the ringer to vibrate - I got no vibration from incoming calls either. I tried the Music app - the speakers would not emit any sound, even though the songs were showing up as playing. When I restarted the phone, everything started working properly, but only for about an hour. Two hours later, I discovered that the same audio/vibrate problem had recurred. Seemed like a software issue to me.

Important note - the Veer was on the Touchstone, charging normally, when the problems occurred. Has anyone experienced a Touchstone-related failure of the speaker/vibrate features with their Veer? This is a major liability to have alarms that don't... alarm. Thnx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader05 View Post
    Im praying HP fixes the SMS delay issue very soon, its really starting to get annoying!
    ditto.
    Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    Have a missed call without caller leaving a voicemail and you don't get blinking notification is still present.

This has been discussed before and I will repeat the cause of this. Reason you dont get blinking notification after missed call is the Redial/Dismiss screen that shows even when phone is locked so after a missed call on locked phone, phone goes to back to standby before Redial/Dismiss screen disappears and turns into missed call notification. Once system is in standby it doesn't refresh until you just wake the screen with a power button. This is not the case if phone is on touchstone.

Fix should be easy: Disable Redial/Dismiss screen when phone gets a missed call while in standby or make it disappear and turn into notification before screen gets back to pitch black .
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Calls drop when calendar reminder chimes

I have had this more than once to determine the specific issue definitely happens when I am on the phone and get a calendar alert for an upcoming appointment. Typically these are the 15 minute advanced reminders and I have been talking using the headphones adapter and OEM headphones for the Pre (why didnt HP provide headphones with the Veer).

This is really annoying and I may have to abandon the Veer as I talk a lot on the phone and can't afford to have phone calls drop because of calendar reminders (there are lots of appointments each day). AT&T drops enough calls as it is. Anyone else seeing this?
  17. nrz
    Confirming Snooze Bug & Screen Lock Bug

Just wanted to confirm the snooze bug where I have it set to a 10-minute snooze but it's actually snoozing at 5-minute intervals. I didn't change anything with the alarm -- it just changed on its own.

Also, I had the screen lock bug where the drag-to-unlock screen is absent while the phone is disconnected to a charging cable. Obviously, if connected to a charging source it shouldn't be there, but the behavior persisted for me after I unplugged it and even after a restart. I had to slide the keyboard in and out a couple of times to get it back. The bug occurred after I was copying files to it (music and videos).

Running webOS 2.1.2
    Last edited by nrz; 06/09/2011 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Added OS version
    BUG: Blank Messaging Card

After receiving a text message/s, go to the particular text and reply, immediately swipe back 2 times and it sometimes* leaves me with a blank window.

It happens more often if im getting multiple texts at once and replying to both.

I just close the card and re-enter messaging again to get it back to normal.
    When you swipe back twice from a conversation (which is where you would reply to a text), you should go back to card view. So you're saying that instead of card view you're getting a blank card sometimes?
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    When you swipe back twice from a conversation (which is where you would reply to a text), you should go back to card view. So you're saying that instead of card view you're getting a blank card sometimes?
    Yup, i think its due to the SMS lag when sending.
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast