Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader05 View Post
    BUG: Transferred my pictures from my old Pre, now when i take a picture and go to view the picture I just took, it shows an old picture rather than the new one.
    Confirmed. I just noticed this yesterday too. I went into USB mode and looked at the folder--the file names are in sequence, so it's not clear what's up. I took the non-Veer images out of that camera roll folder and put them elsewhere and everything worked properly.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    BUG: View a text message conversation with one of your contacts and delete the most recent (single) message. When you backswipe out to contact view, the message still shows up as the most recent text in your conversation with that person. What appears to be happening is that the text IS actually deleted but the contact view is not updated accordingly.

I don't want to delete any more messages to verify, but this should be a pretty easy one to check.
    Nokia 5160 > Nokia 8390 > Nokia 6800 > Nokia E62 > HP Veer 4G
    Auto-dimming issue with a white Veer.

Every now and then, the touchscreen will dim, brighten, then dim again at random times in random applications/menus (even with the same lighting condition). There were several times I was straining to read something as it dimmed it much too low. This is hard to replicate as it's so random.

Also, when on a phone call, the touchscreen does not turn off/dim out. Several times I've found certain screens opened due to my ear brushing against the screen. A funny one was where I was talking with a friend and my ear punched up a request for AT&T's billing text message.

No error messages appear, and the issues occur even after a shutdown of the phone.
    Last edited by Yimmy; 05/29/2011 at 09:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse View Post
    BUG: View a text message conversation with one of your contacts and delete the most recent (single) message. When you backswipe out to contact view, the message still shows up as the most recent text in your conversation with that person. What appears to be happening is that the text IS actually deleted but the contact view is not updated accordingly.

I don't want to delete any more messages to verify, but this should be a pretty easy one to check.
    Confirmed on mine. Closing and then restarting the messaging app doesn't correct the issue, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Yimmy View Post

Every now and then, the touchscreen will dim, brighten, then dim again at random times in random applications/menus (even with the same lighting condition). There were several times I was straining to read something as it dimmed it much too low. This is hard to replicate as it's so random.
    Tough to replicate, as you say, but I've found my display brightness cycles dim-to-bright sometimes as well, for no reason. Seems to like to fluctuate a lot even in constant lighting conditions. Might need to have sensitivity on the light sensor taken down a few notches.

Also, when on a phone call, the touchscreen does not turn off/dim out. Several times I've found certain screens opened due to my ear brushing against the screen.
    This is rare, but it's happened with me as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Confirmed. I just noticed this yesterday too. I went into USB mode and looked at the folder--the file names are in sequence, so it's not clear what's up. I took the non-Veer images out of that camera roll folder and put them elsewhere and everything worked properly.
    So if you don't transfer photos over this issue doesn't occur? Can someone confirm who has gone through initial set up.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts

Can you (or someone) collect log files for this issue.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

avn128 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse View Post

HP has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Also, when on a phone call, the touchscreen does not turn off/dim out. Several times I've found certain screens opened due to my ear brushing against the screen. A funny one was where I was talking with a friend and my ear punched up a request for AT&T's billing text message.
    Need log files.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...xperience.html

In the past week, I've run into some problems with Pandora and 8Tracks (another streaming music app) on my Veer.

Even after a fresh reboot, even with no other cards open, the music skips constantly. The skipping and stuttering does not sound like a network problem, and the apps don't behave like they're waiting for data over the network. Rather, it "feels like" the Veer is bogging down, running some memory-intensive process, and the music is skipping as a result.

While this "skipping" is happening, if I try to open or interact with other apps, performance is very slow. Generating a log file while this is happening takes upwards of 3-4 minutes. Emails I try to send will fail to transmit.

Again, this happens even immediately following a restart.

Sometimes, the skipping will diminish if I keep the screen on. The music nearly always skips when the Veer is on standby.

Skipping does not occur when playing music or podcasts that are native on the device (not streaming) via DrPodder.

I'm listening via a pair of Rocketfish BT headphones. I don't believe the headphones are the problem, because they work just fine with audio stored in the USB partition (DrPodder saved podcasts).

This problem only cropped up in the past 10 days or so, and may be the result of an app I've installed recently. Is it possible a Twitter app checking for new mentions on a set schedule could be bogging the system down this badly? Carbon, NDrive beta 6, and Tenor Guitar Chords are the only apps I've downloaded recently.

I have already submitted multiple log files to HP regarding this (thanks to HardBeatZ for the info on how to do that).

Anyone else having this problem or one like it?

Veer: AT&T - all tests performed over HSPA (no WiFi). webOS 2.1.2. Preware installed, but no patches.
    HP has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    "beeb news" app - The radio streams (select using "radio" icon in the upper left) give me an error "There was an error playing the file"

net2streams lite app- stuck at "loading radio stations" after clicking on "Shoutcast"

"Public Radio" app - same error as beeb news app

"Internet Radio" app - stuck on "buffering" after selecting a Shoutcast station

These problems occur on WIFI or 3G

These all seem to work fine on my sprint Pre-

EDIT: Not sure if this is the correct thread as these issues relate to applications which run on the Veer. Please delete or move as appropriate.
    Last edited by jc-Treo; 05/31/2011 at 09:58 PM.
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    BUG: Random Shutdowns

After having my new Veer for one week, I've experienced two random shutdowns. The phone was not in use on both occasions (no apps open). I created a log file immediately upon re-boot after the second incident. Now I just need to know where to send it.

Confirmed: Screen fades and brightens for no apparent reason.

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to post possible HARDWARE issues. Moderators, please let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAdam View Post
    BUG: Random Shutdowns

After having my new Veer for one week, I've experienced two random shutdowns. The phone was not in use on both occasions (no apps open). I created a log file immediately upon re-boot after the second incident. Now I just need to know where to send it.

Confirmed: Screen fades and brightens for no apparent reason.

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to post possible HARDWARE issues. Moderators, please let me know.
    Yes, this is a fine thread for discussing both hardware and software issues.

My own experience with the Veer's auto-dimming screen is that it is much more sensitive when you're in a room where there is a lot of direct light, like can lights in the ceiling. When the light is mostly ambient and not very directional, it isn't an issue. I think the field of view of the ambient light sensor is a little too narrow, so it is easily distracted by a light shining right on it. And as you move the phone around, you'll see it dimming and brightening a lot as it sees the light and doesn't see the light. See if this is what is causing your issue.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I have seen most of the issues noted in this thread at one time or another. The most troubling one for me has to do with the screen going black...

Issue 1: Press power button to turn on screen, slide unlock up, within 5 seconds it goes black again while I am actively navigating using the touch screen.

Issue 2: I answer a phone call (standard phone speaker to ear), have a conversation, the call ends and my screen stays black, I cannot do anything to make it come on. Open and close the slider, press keys on the kb, press the power button, none of those work. If I am near a touchstone I can place it on a touchstone and the screen comes back on.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I have seen most of the issues noted in this thread at one time or another. The most troubling one for me has to do with the screen going black...

Issue 1: Press power button to turn on screen, slide unlock up, within 5 seconds it goes black again while I am actively navigating using the touch screen.

Issue 2: I answer a phone call (standard phone speaker to ear), have a conversation, the call ends and my screen stays black, I cannot do anything to make it come on. Open and close the slider, press keys on the kb, press the power button, none of those work. If I am near a touchstone I can place it on a touchstone and the screen comes back on.
    mine is acting very similar to your issue #2 - frustrating. going to swap it out today or tomorrow while i am still within my 30 warrant at BB.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    BUG: This one just started happening recently, but not every time. A few seconds after the screen turns off from inactivity, a loud pop is emitted from the speaker. If anyone has a home theater system and you've flipped the circuit breaker while the speakers are still on, and they pop... well this sounds like that. It's fairly loud considering the small Veer speaker. The pop occurs only some of the time, but seems to occur independently of whether any sound is being played when the screen turns off (ie, Music Player). When the phone is silent, it pops. When music is playing, it pops.

I don't have a log file for it but I will create one next time if needed.
    Nokia 5160 > Nokia 8390 > Nokia 6800 > Nokia E62 > HP Veer 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader05 View Post
    BUG: Transferred my pictures from my old Pre, now when i take a picture and go to view the picture I just took, it shows an old picture rather than the new one.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I am having the same problem. The worst part is that I can't hang up the phone after I leave a message because the screen is black and unresponsive.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I want to confirm the "random dimming" problem here. I have no idea how to reproduce it, because it is, as originally stated, kind of random.

The "sound popping" thing happens to me all the time, too (I'll even get popping at the end or start of system sounds). Restarting the phone 'fixes' it for a while, then it starts happening again.

I'm also having problems with "downloads", especially in Dr. Podder. Basically, if I have a few podcasts to download, they'll nearly always abort, or the phone will become extremely unresponsive and then they'll fail (silently - just won't download). By downloading one at a time, I can usually get a single podcast to download, but it's very slow (on WiFi).

In fact, the big thing that seems to be going on with the Veer is that, over a relatively short period of time, it goes from being quite pleasantly responsive to being nearly unusable with missed taps, stuck/juddery scrolling, stuttering music/podcast playback, etc. Then I'll restart it, and it'll be decent for a while again.

(Note: this is an unpatched, stock veer with not that much software installed.)
    I have a data leak issue. I purchased the Veer and activated it with a prepaid at&t sim card. I have not taken the phone outside my wifi network, but periodically it will turn off wifi and use 3g which cost ($.01/5kb)

This usually happens when web browsing or using twitter.
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast