Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I was unable to reproduce this issue, however I haven't tested over a WiFi network yet and was only testing over 3g. I'll test over WiFi later.

I did however come across another bug (or it could be intended) I'd like for people to verify for me.

1. Navigate to the site
    2. There will be two flash boxes on the top. Tap the larger one in the center
    3. Click the play button and allow the flash content to play
    4. Click the back button to navigate back to the bookmark page.
    5. Content will continue to play in the background(this could be intended, but I'm going to have to check on it)
    Confirmed on mine. Video sound continues to play in background after I press the back button. Sound plays behind the bookmarks screen. Pressing forward returns me to the video (& page).

Are you using WiFi hotspot as in connecting to an wireless network or are you specifically talking about a hotspot like a mobile hotspot.
    I'm just talking about wireless access points - my home WiFi network, Starbucks WiFi, etc.

I did however notice something else that I'd like people to try to reproduce.

1. Select drop down menu
    2. Turn on WiFi
    3. Once WiFI turns on available networks should automatically be found

Instead it seems like you turn on wifi but it finds no networks you have to access the drop down menu again and then let it find the network for you.
    This does not happen on mine. I access the menu, turn WiFi on, and about 10-15 seconds later, the Veer connects to my home network. It already "knows" my home network, however - my credentials are saved, and it automatically connects. Not sure how the device behaves when trying to connect to a new access point for the first time.

The issue I was describing is that it no longer lists all available networks in the drop-down list, as in previous versions of webOS. I assume it's intentional.

Collect log files for these two issues please.
    Once I reproduce, will do.
    Contact info cleared upon "EDIT": After selecting a contact, I hit "EDIT" in lower left to add info (assign photo, add job tile, lable phone number as mobile, set ringtone, add birthday, etc.) then hit "DONE". The info is updated and visible on the contact's screen.

However, if I hit "EDIT" again (let's say to change birthday because it's wrong) the info is cleared. If I hit "DONE" or swipe "BACK" it's all gone!

I can re-enter the info, but only the info I re-enter will appear. If I need to change ONE thing I have to re-enter EVERYTHING (including assigning a photo) before hitting "DONE".

"Job Title" OR "Company" will stay, but not BOTH.

The only thing that stays every time is the assigned ringtone (and of course the Contact's name and number).

Also...Once "DONE" is pressed, the "EDIT" button on the Contact screen is greyed out and cannot be accessed. The Contacts App must be closed and re-opened to edit again.
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchetjaw View Post
    if I knew how to do log files I would cause mine hangs on sms every time. Almost ready to throw in the towel and pick up a Pre 2 till the 3 comes
    1. Launch the phone application
    2. Type #*LOGS# on the virtual dialpad
    3. Select quick log create
    4. Email the log file to (contact me for email address)

In the email please include what the issue is for and at what time the issue occurred. It's also best to always capture a log file just after the error has occurred.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by MAdam View Post
    Contact info cleared upon "EDIT": After selecting a contact, I hit "EDIT" in lower left to add info (assign photo, add job tile, lable phone number as mobile, set ringtone, add birthday, etc.) then hit "DONE". The info is updated and visible on the contact's screen.

However, if I hit "EDIT" again (let's say to change birthday because it's wrong) the info is cleared. If I hit "DONE" or swipe "BACK" it's all gone!

I can re-enter the info, but only the info I re-enter will appear. If I need to change ONE thing I have to re-enter EVERYTHING (including assigning a photo) before hitting "DONE".

The only thing that stays every time is the assigned ringtone (and of course the Contact's name and number).

Also...Once "DONE" is pressed, the "EDIT" button on the Contact screen is greyed out and cannot be accessed. The Contacts App must be closed and re-opened to edit again.
    I couldn't entirely reproduce this issue.

1. I edited contacts many times and always the information stayed in tact

2. Whenever I would edit information and hit done the button would be grey for about 10 seconds then revert to the darker color allowing access

3. If I clicked edit and didn't change anything the button would remain grey after selecting done.

Backswiping and going back into the contact resolved this issue for me.

I was using a test contact I created on the palm profile. I'm interested in what other peoples results are on this issue.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Haven't had a TMC error since I forced one with 44 apps open on day one of ownership. What card was open and how long had it been since your last restart?
    I am getting the TMC message pretty much every day, so that means I re-start every day. usually 1 or no cards are present. This would rarely happen with my Pre or Pixi, and it would then be the only time I ever restarted either phone. I keep my phone "on" constantly. Am I supposed to restart?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    [*]Text message & email alerts not sounding/appearing. The Messaging card is minimized in card view, and I can see new messages appear inside the card, but I receive no notification in the notification area, and no sound. Same with email card. This happened after about 20 hours of up-time. A restart corrected the problem.
    I can confirm this bug as well. I'm not sure if a restart corrected the problem in my case, and additionally, it seems to vary over the course of the day on whether it wants to alert or not. Have tried to reproduce but I'm not sure what triggers it.

HP Veer running 2.1.2 obviously; no Preware / patches / homebrew.
    Nokia 5160 > Nokia 8390 > Nokia 6800 > Nokia E62 > HP Veer 4G
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

2. Whenever I would edit information and hit done the button would be grey for about 10 seconds then revert to the darker color allowing access

3. If I clicked edit and didn't change anything the button would remain grey after selecting done.

I was using a test contact I created on the palm profile. I'm interested in what other peoples results are on this issue.
    Hmm, my results are similar to yours HardBeatZ, except that sometimes 'edit' will remain grey. The phone is not frozen though; a backswipe out and swiping back in fixes it. Contact info and any edited updates are fine.

I do also have a separate but perhaps related issue.

On contacts that were imported via a SIM card transfer, names longer than 18 characters are cut off. I've noticed three things that occur if the contact name is edited to add back whatever characters were missing.

1. The edit does go through and the contact name in the main menu is updated.
    2. However, if I try to edit again, the original (cut off at 18) name appears on the edit screen.
    3. If I edit again (just like in point 2 above) and backswipe or quit, the name is fine; if I edit again and change another detail (job, etc) the name reverts to 18 characters because that's what was on the edit screen. This part seems normal to me, the rest does not.

One more: I can also confirm the "notification light staying on dimly" bug. It doesn't really bother me but I can post more if needed.
    Last edited by Bighouse; 05/23/2011 at 10:37 PM.
    Nokia 5160 > Nokia 8390 > Nokia 6800 > Nokia E62 > HP Veer 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Bug: voicedial kills sound quality. This is a bad one. It's perfectly reproducible. Play some music through the headphones, enjoy the wonderful sound quality. Activate voicedial. Say "Cancel" to cancel it. Go back to your music. Curse the awful muffled thing that has just happened to your music. Unplug the headphone adapter and plug back in, wonderful sound is restored.
    HP has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Are you using WiFi hotspot as in connecting to an wireless network or are you specifically talking about a hotspot like a mobile hotspot.

I did however notice something else that I'd like people to try to reproduce.

1. Select drop down menu
    2. Turn on WiFi
    3. Once WiFI turns on available networks should automatically be found

Instead it seems like you turn on wifi but it finds no networks you have to access the drop down menu again and then let it find the network for you.
    HP has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Thanks HardBeatZ! We're all rooting for you guys--please take our criticisms as symbols of our appreciation of how wonderful webOS is!
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer

Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Quote Originally Posted by MAdam View Post

I have been able to reproduce this issue but its not a Veer issue but more webOS 2 since my Pre2 does the same thing. I already let the powers that be know about this one. This only happens if the contact is in the SIMbook profile, look at the icon at the top-right for the contact. If I migrate that contact out of SIM book and put into another account like Palm Profile or Google then editing is all good.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    [*]SMS sending delay. When the "send" button is pressed in the SMS app, the app hangs until the SMS finishes sending. Phone cannot do anything for between 2-5 seconds.

That's all for now!
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

I do want to add that just because something gets logged doesn't necessarily mean we have all the information we are looking for in regards to the issue. If other users experience the same issue please contact me for an email address to create and send log files to. This will help us isolate the issue and identify a resolution. The more log files we have the more "diversity" we can get and be sure that what we believe to be the root cause of an issue is indeed the root cause.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    I have been able to reproduce this issue but its not a Veer issue but more webOS 2 since my Pre2 does the same thing. I already let the powers that be know about this one. This only happens if the contact is in the SIMbook profile, look at the icon at the top-right for the contact. If I migrate that contact out of SIM book and put into another account like Palm Profile or Google then editing is all good.
    Oh! You beat me to it! I came to the same conclusion. Thank you to Hardabeatz, Bighouse, Addiarmadar and the entire forum. I have moved my contacts to my Palm Profile and all is well.

In addition: as I played with edit, trying to fix things, I noticed that the more I went in and out of the edit screen the more the Contacts app became bogged down and unresponsive (even after closing and re-launching). I was able to swipe into card view and open other apps, but as I continued to edit, the sluggishness increased and began to carry over to the rest of WebOS until the phone finally became frozen. Restarting the phone fixed the slowdown and after moving my contacts to my Palm Profile I removed my SIM Contact Account and have not had the problem since.
    Last edited by jbg7474; 05/25/2011 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Please stick to the bugs
    I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I am continually unable to answer phone calls. A call will come in and I will swipe up to answer but the phone just keeps ringing. I usually have about 10 cards open but don't experience lag. I also have my device pin lock after 15 min.
    Interesting. Can you do anything at all that will answer it? Like sliding open the phone? Does the circle move with your finger and just not answer or does it ignore your touch altogether? In any case, sounds like a bug to me. I'm having a little trouble with my port from Sprint at the moment, so I can't test this one.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Interesting. Can you do anything at all that will answer it? Like sliding open the phone? Does the circle move with your finger and just not answer or does it ignore your touch altogether? In any case, sounds like a bug to me. I'm having a little trouble with my port from Sprint at the moment, so I can't test this one.
    I havent tried opening the keyboard. The icon does slide with my finger but doesnt trigger the phone to answer.
    My port is fixed. So I just tested this, and it did work for me. You might try a reboot: opt-sym-p.
    BUG: Transferred my pictures from my old Pre, now when i take a picture and go to view the picture I just took, it shows an old picture rather than the new one.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast