Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    ....clip... but no other Veer owners seem to be interested in this thread ...
    Well, HP can still see your posts.

You've done a superb job laying them out.

Thanks
    Just call me Berd.
    I can confirm text messages/alerts not appearing - as well as email delivery being spotty at best - which I think is related to his bug reported in #2 with network connectivity being problematic. I think, if I'm correct, that the cell radio is disabled under certain conditions. I haven't had consistent results with SMS sending freezes - that seems to depend more on the cell signal strength than anything else. I don't do much MMSing, so I can speak to whether or not this is cell strength/bandwidth related. Finally, as far as WiFi is concerned, once my Veer is registered with a hotspot, it won't show other available hotspots intermittently.

Another issue that I can confirm is that Facebook sync is a real problem. I don't have HTTPS enabled on my account as a requirement, never did, but the syncing takes forever, whether on H+ or WiFi, and the contact sync is just awful - some contacts sync, some don't - some pictures come through, some don't. I've deleted the account and re-created it at least three times already and never seem to get a good sync.

In trying to remedy the situations here, I've reloaded the OS this morning, but still think I'm having the same problems so far.

Root

I'll try to run this little guy all the way down to zero again today (it's hard!) and try to reproduce. So far it's happened to me twice.

New Bugs

• Text message & email alerts not sounding/appearing. The Messaging card is minimized in card view, and I can see new messages appear inside the card, but I receive no notification in the notification area, and no sound. Same with email card. This happened after about 20 hours of up-time. A restart corrected the problem.
    • Email refresh button is inconsistent. Sometimes a tap will force a refresh, and sometimes a tap does nothing. The tap is definitely registering - this is not a touchscreen issue.
    • Data connection sometimes goes off during standby. I woke the device yesterday to find three bars of service, but no H+ (or E) data symbol. After a few minutes, the data returned and I got my emails, etc. I awoke this morning to find my WiFi indicator dark. When I cycled WiFi on and off, I got a slew of emails, etc.
    • WiFi hotspot list does not appear in drop down menu. This may be a "feature," but available hotspots no longer appear in the drop-down system menu at upper right when WiFi is enabled. Only the currently-connected hotspot is shown.
    • SMS sending delay. When the "send" button is pressed in the SMS app, the app hangs until the SMS finishes sending. Phone cannot do anything for between 2-5 seconds.

That's all for now!
    I just decided to work around the inability of the FB sync to work properly - I used a Facebook sync app on my iPhone (Sync in a Blink) to sync there, then sync'd back to my Apple Addressbook, exported the VCFs, and imported them to google and exchange (both) just to be sure I'd get everything. A lot of work, but if Synergy can't get FB sync working right...
    After I did my initial setup coming from a Sprint Pre-, I have a Facebook calendar account (I got rid of Facebook on the Pre long ago) and I can't delete it. It just goes into an endless loop when I try to get rid of it.

I don't know if this qualifies as a bug, but I've had both a Pre and Pixi and never saw anything like this when changing phones.
    Bugs i ran into:

Left or Right gestures sometimes leaves the notification light on, only when everything is minimized and you perform the gestures (very dim but on). If you lock the phone with the power button it turns off. (might be hardware?)

Unlocking the phone (without password just the drag lock) and go to dial a phone number, sometimes stutters and tones mash really loud.

After having the following open: dialer, email, weathericon, messaging, and Facebook. I visited a couple sites, some with flash and close the web browser. My phone was on idle, and i got the infamous Too Many Cards Open message.

SMS - As stated before, that delay is killer!
    Last edited by Trader05; 05/20/2011 at 09:36 AM.
    This "bug" has happened to me twice today. I used Just type... to go to the videos app, it showed me Videos and Youtube but I could not open either one. I backed out, tried again, same issue. Did a Luna restart and it worked correctly.

Another Just type bug. I typed a name of a restaurant "Smith and Wolenskys" tapped the Google suggest area and it opened 10 different cards with the results, every time I would flick a card off the screen it would automatically open a new card with the same page as the 10 other cards had. I had to do another Luna restart to resolve it. Of course both of these happened while I was showing the phone to 2 different people at 2 different times.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Bug: voicedial kills sound quality. This is a bad one. It's perfectly reproducible. Play some music through the headphones, enjoy the wonderful sound quality. Activate voicedial. Say "Cancel" to cancel it. Go back to your music. Curse the awful muffled thing that has just happened to your music. Unplug the headphone adapter and plug back in, wonderful sound is restored.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by rootdude View Post
    I just decided to work around the inability of the FB sync to work properly - I used a Facebook sync app on my iPhone (Sync in a Blink) to sync there, then sync'd back to my Apple Addressbook, exported the VCFs, and imported them to google and exchange (both) just to be sure I'd get everything. A lot of work, but if Synergy can't get FB sync working right...
    Well, after a refresh of my OS, I can report that the Facebook problem persists and the notification problems as well UNLESS I have my Veer on a touchstone. When on the touchstone, notifications are loud and reliable. This does seem to be an issue related to overzealous power management on the Veer - when external power is available (via touchstone), my email come through and it notifies me like clockwork - if not, notifications are spotty at best - and just plain don't work at all at worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Bug: voicedial kills sound quality. This is a bad one. It's perfectly reproducible. Play some music through the headphones, enjoy the wonderful sound quality. Activate voicedial. Say "Cancel" to cancel it. Go back to your music. Curse the awful muffled thing that has just happened to your music. Unplug the headphone adapter and plug back in, wonderful sound is restored.
    Confirmed on mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    After finally getting my Veer to die completely I have been unable to reproduce this issue. Can you reproduce easily or am I missing something?
    Just a follow-up: I can consistently reproduce the issue (after a low-power shutdown and subsequent plug-in, Veer charges only enough to boot webOS, and then stops charging). This happens every time, on my Touchstone and using the cable plugged in to the mag port.
    Just a follow-up: I can consistently reproduce the issue (after a low-power shutdown and subsequent plug-in, Veer charges only enough to boot webOS, and then stops charging). This happens every time, on my Touchstone and using the cable plugged in to the mag port.
    I will be sending you a private message later today with some additional information, or if you would prefer to contact me first I would like to get your phone number and a good time to contact you with some follow up information in regards to this issue.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Ditto: text messages/alerts not appearing on my Veer consistantly

Edit: spent about 45 min on the phone with a palm service rep. After doing a lot of silly things at his request, it of course did no good. I left it with him to please pass the info on to the programming staff.
    Last edited by jkassay; 05/25/2011 at 10:16 AM. Reason: phone support
    I have gotten the "Too Many Cards" prompt several times this week, with 1 card open. Anybody else getting this?
    Quote Originally Posted by nicemarmot View Post
    I have gotten the "Too Many Cards" prompt several times this week, with 1 card open. Anybody else getting this?
    Haven't had a TMC error since I forced one with 44 apps open on day one of ownership. What card was open and how long had it been since your last restart?
    webOS user since 20090606.
    ^ New bug:

The swipe-down-from-upper-right system menu has been inaccessible to me for the past few hours. Uptime = approx. 15-17 hours. It's not a hung system or a failed touchscreen sector or anything like that (verified by UI touch "splashes" when I tap on the signal meter). The menu just refuses to appear.
    New info:

The menu appears to be deploying when this happens, but is "invisible." So when I swipe down from upper right, even though the menu fails to appear, the rest of the screen behaves as if the menu were deployed (i.e., tapping an icon or scrolling a list doesn't work until after an initial tap has cleared the [invisible] menu.)

Still can't tell what causes this issue in the first place, other than prolonged up-time (5+ hours).
    webOS user since 20090606.
    Bug: noise in headphones AFTER music stops with screen off Another audio bug. It's fairly minor. If you play some music and allow the screen to turn itself off, you will hear about a 10Hz flutter after the music stops. If you turn the screen back on, it stops, and if you play some music, it stops. It isn't present until the phone is "asleep."

Yeah, I can just take my headphones off, but sometimes I'm concentrating and don't take them off the instant my music finishes.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    New info:

The menu appears to be deploying when this happens, but is "invisible." So when I swipe down from upper right, even though the menu fails to appear, the rest of the screen behaves as if the menu were deployed (i.e., tapping an icon or scrolling a list doesn't work until after an initial tap has cleared the [invisible] menu.)

Still can't tell what causes this issue in the first place, other than prolonged up-time (5+ hours).
    I haven't seen this at all. I wonder why this would affect some users and not others.
    Sure. Using the Veer's browser, go to spacevidcast.com and tap on the Flash object at the top of the page. It will load a live video window and a UStream chat box next to it.

The problem seems to start when the Google Ad tries to play. I just did this now, and the Veer just stopped for about 3 minutes. Couldn't return to card view, couldn't "X" out of the Flash controls ... device unresponsive. Finally, after 3 minutes or so, the card minimized. I threw it away - the card hung out, half-tossed-away at the top of the screen for about another 25 seconds, before finally closing.

This was over WiFi after a fresh restart.

Might be a case of just too much Flash crap for such a little device, I dunno ... but it was a pain when I was trying to watch the shuttle launch yesterday. Nasa.gov's TV worked fine though.
    I was unable to reproduce this issue, however I haven't tested over a WiFi network yet and was only testing over 3g. I'll test over WiFi later.

I did however come across another bug (or it could be intended) I'd like for people to verify for me.

1. Navigate to the site
    2. There will be two flash boxes on the top. Tap the larger one in the center
    3. Click the play button and allow the flash content to play
    4. Click the back button to navigate back to the bookmark page.
    5. Content will continue to play in the background(this could be intended, but I'm going to have to check on it)
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

[*]WiFi hotspot list does not appear in drop down menu. This may be a "feature," but available hotspots no longer appear in the drop-down system menu at upper right when WiFi is enabled. Only the currently-connected hotspot is shown.[/LIST]
    Are you using WiFi hotspot as in connecting to an wireless network or are you specifically talking about a hotspot like a mobile hotspot.

I did however notice something else that I'd like people to try to reproduce.

1. Select drop down menu
    2. Turn on WiFi
    3. Once WiFI turns on available networks should automatically be found

Instead it seems like you turn on wifi but it finds no networks you have to access the drop down menu again and then let it find the network for you.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

• Text message & email alerts not sounding/appearing. The Messaging card is minimized in card view, and I can see new messages appear inside the card, but I receive no notification in the notification area, and no sound. Same with email card. This happened after about 20 hours of up-time. A restart corrected the problem.
    • SMS sending delay. When the "send" button is pressed in the SMS app, the app hangs until the SMS finishes sending. Phone cannot do anything for between 2-5 seconds.

That's all for now!
    Collect log files for these two issues please.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast