Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    my veer had horrendous battery life,in airplane mode used sdlterminal app,press power button, wait 15 seconds, press power button and unlock.lots of 'system go to sleep now' and 'system woke up'.i hadnt any idea for it.
    Last edited by ozw123321; 10/03/2011 at 10:36 PM.
    BUG: Open dialer, type in 1300 the whole number disappears. also 1800 numbers aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoshokev View Post
    BUG: Open dialer, type in 1300 the whole number disappears. also 1800 numbers aswell.
    I just tried it, it didn't disappear for me.
    You on ATT.
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I am experiencing some serious bug with one of my veer, when i fire dial app, enter the number & press the dial button, immediately the screen goes black(off), the call still go through but no display, then I've to reset the phone by holding power button down & toggling mute button three times, again after restart same problem, I doctered the phone 3 times but had same issue continued. Now the phone is useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by st_7 View Post
    I am experiencing some serious bug with one of my veer, when i fire dial app, enter the number & press the dial button, immediately the screen goes black(off), the call still go through but no display, then I've to reset the phone by holding power button down & toggling mute button three times, again after restart same problem, I doctered the phone 3 times but had same issue continued. Now the phone is useless.
    Sounds like the proximity sensor is doing it's job. Might want to clean the screen remove a screen protector if applicable.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    My Veer mysteriously stopped backing itself up again...

Anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJim View Post
    I just tried it, it didn't disappear for me.
    You on ATT.

i got ATT 4g phone, but i am using it unlocked in australia.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Sounds like the proximity sensor is doing it's job. Might want to clean the screen remove a screen protector if applicable.
    wow that's fixed my issue, it was the screen protector doing it, once i removed it now no more black screens(atleast for now), thank you so much for your advice
    the proximity sensor on this phone is just way too sensitive. put your hand about 3 cm near it and it turns screen off... thats just too far
    the proximity sensor on this phone is just way too sensitive. put your hand about 3 cm near it and it turns screen off... thats just too far
    For anyone having proximity sensor issues, try using the phone with slider open. I only say this because I was in the habit of slider open phone use before the Veer, the wife wasn't. The proximity sensor drove her insane, didn't bother me as much because I was holding the phone further away from the sensor.

I agree the sensor is mighty sensitive, but that's the one thing that helped me.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    One more here: my Gmail accounts will randomly disconnect and I'll have to manually trigger a refresh, then finding a pile of emails waiting since the morning.

This bug is fixed in 2.2.3 on my Pre 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    One more here: my Gmail accounts will randomly disconnect and I'll have to manually trigger a refresh, then finding a pile of emails waiting since the morning.

This bug is fixed in 2.2.3 on my Pre 3.
    I have seen this on Veer.... usually updating later or after some other voice/data connection has been made.

Funny thing is, not there on either Pre2 on 2.1.
    Would like to add the following to the list. Using an unlocked Veer on TMobile (US) - stock version:

1. Can't dial TM's quick dials that came on the SIM such as #web# to check data usage or #646# to check minutes, etc... Phone comes back with a pre-recorded message that the number can't be dialed.
    2. Whenever I run the automated test it comes back with error code 1000 (Modem). Not even sure what that's referring to considering phone seems to be working fine otherwise
    3. Whenever I use voice dialing, it messes up my downloaded ringtones. Quality of the tones becomes so bad that you'd think the phone has the worse speaker in the world. Need to shut it off completely to regain quality.
    4. Can't set alarm in less than 5 minutes increments - if that's a "feature" rather than a bug, then someone at HP messed up big time (for my needs at least)
    5. Voice dialing for me just doesn't seem to work. I can almost never get it to recognize the right name and it dials the number without confirmation first - unlike other phones I've used in the past.

Thx
    sounds like most of your issues may be tied to using an ATT device on T Mobile?

as far as alarm time, if you need less than 5 min increments, you may want to try a timer app. I can't imagine not being able to use 5 min increments on anything that can't use a timer app. Just saying not a bug, never been an option.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    same problem in a at&t pre 3, in australia. Any fix or workaround?
    Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    same problem in a at&t pre 3, in australia. Any fix or workaround?
    I believe there's a patch in Preware from rwhitby called "Fix AU Dial Plan" which may help?

Edit: I think it only applies to webOS 2.2.0, i.e. Pre3.
    Last edited by calroth; 10/13/2011 at 12:04 AM.
    Hello, I have an unlocked att&t veer in France. Mobile hotspot (att&t pre-installed) and free tether not enabling me to connect to the internet.

I have seen the same issue posted here but no working solution for me.

Have tried:
    - using it secured and unsecured
    - installing different Hotspot ipk (pre 2 version)
    - playing with DHCP settings

Any ideas?

Anyone more technically oriented than I am would figure out how to match DNS/IP settings between phone and computer but this is too complicated for me and I would really like to get the mobile hotspot application to work.
    More on same hotspot issue :

- problem isn't related to my carrier since worked fined on pre2
    - wifi connection is established between phone & computer but seems like phone won't let data flow

I know at&t has cracked down on unregistered tethering in the US this summer but here I am using a french operator.

I guess this must be the Mobile Hotspot at&t version which is causing trouvle or some at&t setting linked to branded phone that prevents tethering???
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    Replacement Veer seems to have serious power issues. In the day I've had it there were no less than six or seven random restarts. Happened twice when placing the phone on a touchstone. Happened once when dialing a number. Happened while opening a program (can't remember which). Happened a few other times during low level use.
    Same Problem with my veer, it reboots randomnly. Even full delete and doctor didn't help. The restarts occured after 7 weeks of use, maybe some Hardware died?
    I like the veer very much, but this issue makes it unusable at least.

Problem resolved:
    Fortunatly that hasn't been a hardware issue.
    Seems, that the background-sync of 'uhrenvergleich' caused the random restarts.
    After removing of that app the veer ran for 4 days without any issue.
    Last edited by prebaco; 10/18/2011 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Problem resolved
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Veer randomly stops registering battery power level. Basically the level meter is stuck at a certain point. The phone works fine. Luna restart doesn't solve this. On device restart the phone comes on with a giant white battery and question mark sign. At this point the phone is unresponsive to ANY input what so ever, the sign stays on until the battery dies (no charging is possible). Only solution is a battery pull which is a pain on the Veer.
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast