Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tomm-jay View Post
    This is not a bug. It's just what it's expected to do. If you tap on the photo you get three buttons. The middle one will get you to the comments.
    Hitting that center button always results in zero comments, regardless of the true number of comments, for a great many people affected by this issue. Yes, it's a bug. I'm not sure it's Veer-specific though.
    webOS user since 20090606.
    Is HardBeatZ actually entering tickets for us for all these, or do we still have to use that feedback link?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Considering the news about HP and webOS, can someone in the know tell me if updates will still be created for the Veer? Would there possibly be a 2.2.1, in case 2.2 has been in the field for so long that it doesn't even touch on the issues the Veer experiences?
    Nobody knows at this point. Conference call in 20 minutes MIGHT shed some light on things.

I would say if they are killing software developments, you will hear layoff news in the very near future. Since without making hardware, and if they stop developing software, they have some staff with no purpose any more.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    THEY STILL DIDN'T FIX THE EMAIL APP BUG!!! Has it since 1.4.5!

App will start locking up once it hits about 10-15 in-line replies. I can reproduce this on both my Pre Plus and my Veer.

Hope it doesn't happen on the Touchpad.
    i have always had the issue with my veer

Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    After finally getting my Veer to die completely I have been unable to reproduce this issue. Can you reproduce easily or am I missing something?
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Screen lock does not work properly for me. Veer fails to lock in the first place, thus being unlocked at the slightest touch. Or in the pocket, it will just unlock (I guess bc the slider occasionally opens a slight bit, which is enough for the phone to "think" it should unlock).
    That's right. The Veer unlocks already if you only open the slider just a few millimeters. Mine always unlocks when I clean the screen with a cloth and accidentally move the slider a little.

What I discovered is that the icon of the voice dial app always moves to its old position in the launcher after every use of the voice dialer and after every restart. I always have to move it to where I want it. It's not a big problem but sometimes it gets annoying.

Also, from time to time my alarm times are deleted. I haven't yet figured out what causes this because it seems to happen randomly.

After a restart of the Veer sometimes it plays the standard ringtone for e-mails although I configured a different one. If I then look into the preferences it still has the ringtone that I chose configured and on the next received mail it plays the one I chose. Again no big deal but it's a bit confusing because it's the same sound the phone plays when the battery is at 5% or lower.

Still Veer @ webOS 2.1.1
    HP Veer 4G Does not support hands-free driving as well as other modern smart-phone do.

Should be: Pressing Volume Rocker should activate voice dial command function and allow voice dialing through Veer handset.

Actual Operation: When connected to Chrysler UConnect, pressing the Volume Rocker does appear to visually active voice dialing functonality, but microphone appears to be inactive/off. No visual indicator that sound is being recieved. No voice dialing occurs. Icon with microphone and circle with line though it displays after several seconds of attempting voice dialing.

Further Comment: Microphone should remain active or activate during voice dialing command session. This will improve hands-free operations due ablity to use Veer's Contact Listing. Work-around is to manually program each number in UConnect one at a time. Other work-around is to not use the Veer for hands-free driving and revert to other phone which has proper functionality.

HP Veer 4G
    2007 Chrysler with stock UConnect Bluetooth Package
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I haven't seen this at all. I wonder why this would affect some users and not others.
    I've had this happen to me periodically. Only way to make the menu reappear is to restart. It definitely appears to become invisible.
    Quote Originally Posted by twackford View Post
    Further Comment: Microphone should remain active or activate during voice dialing command session. This will improve hands-free operations due ablity to use Veer's Contact Listing. Work-around is to manually program each number in UConnect one at a time. Other work-around is to not use the Veer for hands-free driving and revert to other phone which has proper functionality.
    Does UConnect not have the ability to take a full phone book transfer? I have done a full phone book transfer with my home phone no problem, no need to individually transfer contacts. This sounds like a limitation of UConnect, even the first Pioneer BT decks aloud for full phonebook transfer over BT.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I have a new veer that I resynced my old profile with. everything seemed to work fine, no dev mode or homebrew. after about 3 hours, randomly while sitting on a table the phone would make the bing bong sound, then show the menu that would normally appear when you hold the off button. the phone is locked when this happens. then, when I open the slider the screen acts flakey. I do live in florida, and it has been a super rainy thundery static night, but even after a few reboots it kept happening, so i doctored it. I'll update if it happens again. I am running the stock ATT with latest official US firmware. I am going to set up google account to sync my calendars and install one or two official apps, and report if it happens again. noting seems loose or weird in the build and the slider seems tight and fresh, (I've owned a pre and pre plus)

anyone else experience this?

Thanks!
    Bug: After Reboot the Network is set to automatic

I use only the 2G Connection, but after the Veer reboots, it can connect everytime to 3G. This is annoying because my carrier (E-Plus Germany) don't support 3G overall, so the device uses much batterypower to search for the 3G Network.

Please Confirm this Bug.

Onkel Alex
    Here's another one:

While music is playing, if you get a large amount of incoming IMs, (e.g. part messages), the tone of the incoming message will change to the system default tone (I have mine set to Subtle(short)), and then music will stop playing. I have to restart the song or skip to the next track to resume the audio.

Looks like a conflict in the audio system.
    The O, W,S,D and @ keys are no longer working on my Veer.

Doctored, problem still there.

Looks like I will be asking HP for a replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Another confirmation on the screen brightness dimming in and out all on its own randomly and pretty frequently for me. Most the time I turn on the screen, it'll be the brightness I want it for a couple seconds and then suddenly go quite dim and it usually stays dim after that for awhile. Hope this gets fixed soon.
    I have noticed this issue as well. With all phones, as it should be, the screen gets brighter in the dark and becomes dim in the light.

If I hold up my veer to a light source and then look at it, the screen is bright. If I turn off the light or cover the light from the Veer, the screen goes dim. So it's actually working in the opposite of what it should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by veerau View Post
    I have noticed this issue as well. With all phones, as it should be, the screen gets brighter in the dark and becomes dim in the light.

If I hold up my veer to a light source and then look at it, the screen is bright. If I turn off the light or cover the light from the Veer, the screen goes dim. So it's actually working in the opposite of what it should be.
    The way yours is functioning is the way it's supposed to work...in brighter lighting, the backlight needs to get brighter so you can see the screen despite the ambient light. In the dark, you want the screen to be less bright so you can look at it without it being blindingly bright.
  18. pml
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    New info:

The menu appears to be deploying when this happens, but is "invisible." So when I swipe down from upper right, even though the menu fails to appear, the rest of the screen behaves as if the menu were deployed (i.e., tapping an icon or scrolling a list doesn't work until after an initial tap has cleared the [invisible] menu.)

Still can't tell what causes this issue in the first place, other than prolonged up-time (5+ hours).
    I had the same issue until I removed the Advanced Device Menu and the Advanced Menus Framework. I believe the bug arises from these Homebrew patches. Do you have them installed?

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    sleep bug
    when veer screen shut down,but veer can't sleep,so dattery drains.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozw123321 View Post
    sleep bug
    when veer screen shut down,but veer can't sleep,so dattery drains.
    We're gonna need some more information than that. Can you describe the symptoms in a little more detail?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast