Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    wow haven't seen that one yet that, at least not that I can remember
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    This is what I mean:

Same message in a full notification:

Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Another bug, this time with the Captive Portal function. After detecting a Wi-Fi with a captive portal, if you don't login, you'll be stuck on 3G even if you connect to another Wi-Fi. I tried connecting to a hotspot at a restaurant, they needed the waiter to give me a password so I got lazy and went back to 3G. After I went home and connected back to Wi-Fi, I notice it'll connect, but the only page I can go to is my router's config page. All other traffic will be directed on to 3G.

Workaround is to connect to my router's homepage, log on, then it'll shut off 3G and start using Wi-Fi.

I really need to start charging HP for all this... I actually do QA as a profession in my day job and I'm QA'ing their phones.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I really need to start charging HP for all this... I actually do QA as a profession in my day job and I'm QA'ing their phones.
    LOL I do QA/IT/all kinds of other crap. I am so tired of troubleshooting when I get done with work...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Not sure if it's my bank (Scotiabank) or my phone, but the mobile page stopped working. It keeps trying to download the page as an aspx file.

Has your bank changed it's mobile layout recently?

I can't remember where but I came across a file format issue, this was in the 1.x browser.... it wasn't aspx though.

I can confirm that my work web pages are loading fine on the Veer and our whole site is written in Dot Net Nuke (.aspx file format). Clicked thru a few pages including some DNN specific content and everything is functioning as it should.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post

I can't remember where but I came across a file format issue, this was in the 1.x browser.... it wasn't aspx though.

I can confirm that my work web pages are loading fine on the Veer and our whole site is written in Dot Net Nuke (.aspx file format). Clicked thru a few pages including some DNN specific content and everything is functioning as it should.
    Not that I know of. I tried loading the page on Firefox and it looks exactly the same. I'll go home and try on my other phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    What happens if you just toggle WiFi off and on?
    I'm in QA as well!
    Tried that, still stuck. Must reboot or browse some page on the router.
    I'm getting the same error on ATT Veer.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I don't know if this has been posted before, but I can't access the EAP-PAP enterprise network of my university anymore after moving to a Veer. It used to work for my Pre- running 2.0 and 1.4.5.. I've tried connecting in different ways about a million times and it just doesn't work anymore, shows a "an error has occured while connecting, please try again later".
    When Adding Phone Numbers from Messaging app, phone numbers are saved and synced to google contract under Other Rather than Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post

This is the link in question:

https://login.scotiabank.mobi/webkit/
    Yup same error as when I hit to go from the mobile site from the main site on the Veer.
    Mobile Hotspot app does not work on webOS 2.1.1 as already described in this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...-unsecure.html

On my Veer the Hotspot sets up but my laptop computer can not connect to it (WPA2 encryption enabled).
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    When taking a picture with the Veer's camera, the photo will display completely black.
    I tried rebooting, but the pictures continue to display blacked out.
    If you look at the picture via USB mode, they are actually there, and OK, but the Veer doesn't display them correctly.
    There are very few patches on this phone. It does have Preware installed but only apps pulled in from the previous Pre phone. I need to get this fixed within a week since the 30 day trade-in expires then. (Otherwise, my wife's fix will be to trade-in for an LG Phoenix.)
    Any ideas? (Would be nice to trade in for the Pre3, but hopes have diminished for that.)
    Headset redux: I confirmed it's a software issue, not hardware. I looked a bit into it more, it seems like that if leave my phone playing music for a while and disconnect my headset, there's some horrible delay processing the headset disconnect event. Because when I plug the headset back in right after, it'll carry on playing, then after a few seconds, stop, and finally exit headset mode. Then if I repeat it after that, it'll disconnect and stop just fine.

QuickOffice: loading Google Docs on the first shot will never work. Always shows me request cannot be completed. The second shot it works.

This happens on both Wi-Fi and 3G, so definitely not a data connection issue.

Quote Originally Posted by CBoudreaux View Post
    When taking a picture with the Veer's camera, the photo will display completely black.
    I tried rebooting, but the pictures continue to display blacked out.
    If you look at the picture via USB mode, they are actually there, and OK, but the Veer doesn't display them correctly.
    There are very few patches on this phone. It does have Preware installed but only apps pulled in from the previous Pre phone. I need to get this fixed within a week since the 30 day trade-in expires then. (Otherwise, my wife's fix will be to trade-in for an LG Phoenix.)
    Any ideas? (Would be nice to trade in for the Pre3, but hopes have diminished for that.)
    It's a media indexing bug, so far no hard fix for it until there is an OTA. Users have experienced various levels of this bug.

A workaround, would be to install internalz for viewing the photos on the device.
    Facebook - comments for photos dont appear if you view the photo, but in the feed they do show and on the website.

GPS/Google Data - In maps it doesnt find my location EVER !!!! Which also means I cannot use Facebook Checkin.

How can we report bugs to HP?
    Quote Originally Posted by baloo247 View Post
    Facebook - comments for photos dont appear if you view the photo, but in the feed they do show and on the website.
    This is not a bug. It's just what it's expected to do. If you tap on the photo you get three buttons. The middle one will get you to the comments.