Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Stopped in at the local ATT store and low and behold, the Veer! This is actually a very nice phone Almost as fast as my sprint pre 2 but the slider feels better on the Veer. When I got my Pre 2, I was stoked at the better build quality compared to my my pre. Well, take that up another notch cause the Veer sure felt better than my pre 2. Mainly the slider felt really solid. The phone is super tiny! I've all the reviews and videos of the Veer, but when I saw it, I was amazed at how small it was If it had a flash and I knew the pre 3 wasn't coming out I might just get it. As is, my daughter might, its a great replacement for the pixie and if you dont believe me go check it out. I will attempt to upload a couple pics I took.....

Ken
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nice find. And I believe your reaction will be really common for anyone that has an open mind. The redesigned slider that they are using with the Veer and Pre3 is amazing. Feels like it's on a pressed bearing. And the changes to the keys make it great for typing.

The Pre3 is equaly awesome, but bigger. Go Palm!
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Good to hear! Man - the 2nd shot (comparison) makes it look positively tiny!

Any AT&T promo material up for the Veer??
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Wait ... how is that a black Veer? I thought it was supposed to be only white models in-store?!
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    i want.....bring to sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    Wait ... how is that a black Veer? I thought it was supposed to be only white models in-store?!
    That's Best Buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    Good to hear! Man - the 2nd shot (comparison) makes it look positively tiny!

Any AT&T promo material up for the Veer??
    There will be some promo material that comes with the Veer. (obviously I can't talk about it until Sunday).
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Did you find anything out about off contract prices?!
    Wait, are these on display at other AT&T stores today as well? Has anyone else seen them out on display?
    Wired just posted a great review of the Veer. Best quote is about the magnetic adapter:

"Magsafe-style charger — why isn’t this standard on all phones yet?"

Let’s Get Small: HP’s Tiny WebOS Smartphone | Product Reviews | Wired.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Wired just posted a great review of the Veer. Best quote is about the magnetic adapter:

"Magsafe-style charger ó why isnít this standard on all phones yet?"

Letís Get Small: HPís Tiny WebOS Smartphone | Product Reviews | Wired.com
    That's awesome.

That article does not reflect that score at all. Strange.
    Cool Pics; thx for sharing.
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I'm lovin' it!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    soooo jealous!!

I can't wait for Sunday
    Wait, are they at AT&T stores already?
    *rushes out*
    (I do think they should put these next to the Infuses to illustrate the range of choice in sizes available on AT&T.. while it might seem bad for the Veer I think it might actually be positive).
  17.    #17  
    No promo material that I saw, but the manager called me and told me they got it in for me to come look at. Wasn't on display like other phones. Didn't even think to ask about off contract price :/ A really great phone, especially for someone who wants a pocketable phone yet that is powerful and readable

Ken
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    Wait, are they at AT&T stores already?
    *rushes out*
    (I do think they should put these next to the Infuses to illustrate the range of choice in sizes available on AT&T.. while it might seem bad for the Veer I think it might actually be positive).
    I think they should put them in shirt pockets to demonstrate the brick factor.
    Lucky! BB at least told me Sunday, the ATT manager told me they havent announced a launch date but I should come in Sunday for the launch of the Infuse...
    Nice find. And I believe your reaction will be really common for anyone that has an open mind. The redesigned slider that they are using with the Veer and Pre3 is amazing. Feels like it's on a pressed bearing. And the changes to the keys make it great for typing.

The Pre3 is equaly awesome, but bigger. Go Palm!
    Can u elaborate on the keyboard changes? I'm back on my Pre 2 after using a Pixi for a week and I cant stand the keyboard on this compared to the Pixi.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast