Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Well, I'm working from memory... but I recall that the keys were taller, so you can really tell where the edge of the key is. And they travel farther so you really know when the key has been pressed. I thought the Pre+ and Pre2 keyboards to be mushy because they keys barely travel. The Veer keyboard is very similar to the Pixi, but even better.
    You may already know I'm very cynical at this point, but allow me to roleplay your average wireless customer.

"Android? Four-point-five inches? Sold. And what's that puny thing in the corner? Never seen it before, but whoever designed it's an *****."

*sits on my high WP7 throne and pines for a better webOS phone*

<edited for content>
    Let me show you what cynicism looks like.
    4.5" Phone? you might want to add this accessory:

I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAngelOfElysium View Post
    You may already know I'm very cynical at this point
    There's a word for that: presumptuous.
    Did they tell you the off contract pricing?
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=PrinceAlbert;2961924]4.5" Phone? you might want to add this accessory:

[IMG]http://m.forums.precentral.net/

Indeed.... Imagine trying to actually make calls on a 4.5" phone !?
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Yeah I cant stand those big 4.3"+ phones. Those things are bricks!!
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    To each their own... but as I see it: you're pretty much in tablet territory by then!

Hardbeatz - thanks for the reply / I hope this AT&T launch is better than what they did for the Pre+! -->Trick comment, I suppose: *anything* will be better than that.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    "Ooh I like that one, but does it come in [pink|purple|baby blue]"
    "I'm really looking for one that comes in a cool color"
    "What free phones do you have"
    "I need a touch screen"
    "I have to have a real keyboard"
    "Do you have one that isn't so square"
    "Does this only come in black"
    "Do you have one that comes in black"
    "Can I download ringtones"
    "Can I download games"
    "How good is the camera on this"
    "How many songs can I put on this"
    "Will this download my iTunes music"
    "How is this for texting"
    "Is it fast"
    "I really want a 4g phone"
    "Can I get e-mail on this"
    "Does it have an alarm"
    "I need a phone with a calendar so I can keep track of my kid's events"

These are the types of questions average customers ask. Only salesman and techies are whipping out the Ghz, screen rez/size, OS. Which is a disservice to the phones and the customers buying those phones. And the more that techies stand around places like best buy and natter about 200,000+ apps and 4" screens the more that leaks into non-techies heads as a viable argument against a perfectly decent and serviceable phone that will do what THEY need it to do.

This whole "I've got to have a 4.5" screen" or "Pre3 will be outdated because HTC will have a 1.5Ghz by then" or "HP is behind because they don't have LTE or 3D yet, they'll never catch up", it's like saying "You shouldn't buy the Ford Fiesta because GM has a new SUV coming out that will blow it away!"

Not everyone needs the SUV of phones and very often, small, efficient, and simple is good enough.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Must be fun talking for an hour on these phones man! Positively fun!
    NNJ
    ^^^LOL
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    There's a word for that: presumptuous.
    There's also another word for that.

"Fresno".
    Let me show you what cynicism looks like.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I have an Epic with a 4 inch screen and I find it too big to be used comfortably for a long call. I can't even imagine what the Infuse will be like with the 4.5" screen...
    Went to the ATT store by my work and not only do they not have any in, but when guy consulted "the chart" it doesn't appear that store is getting it at all Hopefully I'll be able to play with one at the store by my house...
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Went to the ATT store by my work and not only do they not have any in, but when guy consulted "the chart" it doesn't appear that store is getting it at all Hopefully I'll be able to play with one at the store by my house...
    From what I understand, only the "corporate stores" are guaranteed to have the Veer. If the store is an "authorized reseller", they will probably not have it tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_benj View Post
    I have an Epic with a 4 inch screen and I find it too big to be used comfortably for a long call. I can't even imagine what the Infuse will be like with the 4.5" screen...
    You'll be able to get a napsack holder and be able to strap it to your back when you aren't using it. Either that or have to wear MC Hammer pants with pockets.
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post
    Stopped in at the local ATT store and low and behold, the Veer! This is actually a very nice phone Almost as fast as my sprint pre 2 but the slider feels better on the Veer. When I got my Pre 2, I was stoked at the better build quality compared to my my pre. Well, take that up another notch cause the Veer sure felt better than my pre 2. Mainly the slider felt really solid. The phone is super tiny! I've all the reviews and videos of the Veer, but when I saw it, I was amazed at how small it was If it had a flash and I knew the pre 3 wasn't coming out I might just get it. As is, my daughter might, its a great replacement for the pixie and if you dont believe me go check it out. I will attempt to upload a couple pics I took.....

Ken
    Damn that phone looks tiny right next to that samsung tablet.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    You'll be able to get a napsack holder and be able to strap it to your back when you aren't using it. Either that or have to wear MC Hammer pants with pockets.
    Daniel Amaya in the comments section of the Endgadget review helped me out with how it works:

NNJ
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    Daniel Amaya in the comments section of the Endgadget review helped me out with how it works:

That cant be comfortable...
    Cool thanks for the review, can't wait to play with one myself

Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post
    Stopped in at the local ATT store and low and behold, the Veer! This is actually a very nice phone Almost as fast as my sprint pre 2 but the slider feels better on the Veer. When I got my Pre 2, I was stoked at the better build quality compared to my my pre. Well, take that up another notch cause the Veer sure felt better than my pre 2. Mainly the slider felt really solid. The phone is super tiny! I've all the reviews and videos of the Veer, but when I saw it, I was amazed at how small it was If it had a flash and I knew the pre 3 wasn't coming out I might just get it. As is, my daughter might, its a great replacement for the pixie and if you dont believe me go check it out. I will attempt to upload a couple pics I took.....

Ken
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast