Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Whereas the Infuse is plastered all over AT&T's store pages, the Veer is nowhere to be found...anywhere. At all.

Meanwhile, I found this little tidbit. Why are they pushing the Pre Plus like that? You usually see it in the back of any pictures, if at all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Let me show you what cynicism looks like.
    HP has a habit of playing cards close the the chest. If they hold to past practices, I'd imagine heavy advertising happening WITH the launch and not before it.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    HP has a habit of playing cards close the the chest. If they hold to past practices, I'd imagine heavy advertising happening WITH the launch and not before it.
    I guess we'll see on Sunday. (FINALLY!!)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Call me cynical, but I'm expecting little to no advertising whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAngelOfElysium View Post
    Call me cynical, but I'm expecting little to no advertising whatsoever.
    You're cynical.
    I don't see any other new phone in on AT&T website. I am kind of worry about HP is not advertising this phone at this point. I was expected to see tons of ads about new webOS phone. Where is it? Well, i don't really watch TV any more, maybe I missed it?
    It's no secret I HATE the Veer, but I love WebOS. So even though I expect it to fail, I don't want to see it done in epic form. I would like to see that I'm wrong as it would benefit WebOS greatly. But it seems like HPalm is focused on doing nothing to help this phone's release. If you go to ATT.com, or Bestbuy.com, you will find absolutely zero information on the Veer! 0 ! Not to mention zero marketing of any kind? What going on? What kind of strategy is this for a relaunch of WebOS?

My fear, how is this going to make WebOS look in the coming weeks when they try to get traction for Pre3 and TP?
    It isn't available for purchase until the 15th... perhaps you will find information when it is officially released.
    Information will be available on ATT, HP ,and Best Buy websites once the product has launched.

ATT - www.att.com/wireless
    HP - www.shopping.hp.com
    Bestbuy - www.bestbuy.com
    Last edited by HardBeatZ; 05/13/2011 at 02:56 PM. Reason: add some links
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    My theory is that the Best Buy offer for a free Veer caught both HP and AT&T by surprise so now AT&T is downplaying the Veer.
    I don't think AT&T cares about what best buy does as long as it results in a 2-year contract. If Best Buy wants to subsidize the device, it doesn't hurt AT&T.
  11.    #11  
    It's just...nowhere to be found. You know what? I'm going to call my local AT&T store and see if they'll have it in stock on Sunday. Hold on.
    They're trying to track them down now.
    The boxes are just so darn small.
    Just call me Berd.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAngelOfElysium View Post
    It's just...nowhere to be found. You know what? I'm going to call my local AT&T store and see if they'll have it in stock on Sunday. Hold on.
    Okay, so I called two shops, one in Clovis and the other in Fresno.

The Clovis representative claimed he couldn't hear me very well each time I said "HP Veer", and when I finally got through to him, he simply said "We'll have it in stock." and promptly hung up.

I then called a Fresno representative, and when I asked "Hello, I'd like to know if you'll have the HP Veer in stock on Sunday?", he responded with "No, we'll just have the HTC Infuse, which is loaded wi-" "Okay thanks, bye-bye."

EDIT: So I called another Fresno shop, and he said "Well, we won't know how many we'll have in stock, so...call on the day.". I also asked him to please try and actually push the device, to which he giggled a bit and asked who I was, then said he'd do what he could.
    Last edited by TheAngelOfElysium; 05/13/2011 at 03:17 PM.
    [QUOTE=berdinkerdickle;2961406]They're trying to track them down now.
    The boxes are just so darn small.
    [Img]

thanks for the laugh!!
    The problem is they thought small phones needed small trucks, so they are only being delivered two at a time. That means the rollout will take a bit longer than originally planned:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 05/13/2011 at 03:23 PM. Reason: smaller picture
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Local AT&T store told me a few days ago that they're going to have the Veer in stock and to be there at opening if I wanted to guarantee getting one since he didn't know how many they were going to get.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Information will be available on ATT, HP ,and Best Buy websites once the product has launched.
    No offense, but this reminds me SO much of the Commodore Amiga debacle that I'm having flashbacks. Great product, huge community, awesome software.. and terrible marketing that destroyed the platform. Wouldn't kill HP/Palm to have a LITTLE enthusiasm about a new product launch, would it? A lil hype maybe? Please? For us?
    Quote Originally Posted by j_benj View Post
    No offense, but this reminds me SO much of the Commodore Amiga debacle that I'm having flashbacks. Great product, huge community, awesome software.. and terrible marketing that destroyed the platform. Wouldn't kill HP/Palm to have a LITTLE enthusiasm about a new product launch, would it? A lil hype maybe? Please? For us?

I think ou have to hold that thought until it has been launched. I bet that the upcoming sports championships (basketball, hockey, etc) will see lots of enthusiastic ads. And with the Beats connection to American Idol, you could see the Veer (and maybe TouchPad) promoted in that finale, too.

Patience, grasshopper. Sunday is almost here.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j_benj View Post
    Funny, I agree. As an old Amiga fan myself:

"It's Dj vu all over again".

Let's hope HP has the magic to make things happen.
    I love the old Video Toaster!

I went to HP.com and this is the phone main page:
    All handhelds | HP Official Store

Nothing on the Veer?

I know people are saying wait for the day it goes on sale, but come on, nobody does it that way. They always market ahead of release. This is just bizzare.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast