Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bigferret View Post
    I love the old Video Toaster!

I went to HP.com and this is the phone main page:
    All handhelds | HP Official Store

Nothing on the Veer?

I know people are saying wait for the day it goes on sale, but come on, nobody does it that way. They always market ahead of release. This is just bizzare.
    Yes they do. AT&T is launching an android phone on Sunday, too. Are they promoting that one yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigferret View Post
    I love the old Video Toaster!

I went to HP.com and this is the phone main page:
    All handhelds | HP Official Store

Nothing on the Veer?

I know people are saying wait for the day it goes on sale, but come on, nobody does it that way. They always market ahead of release. This is just bizzare.
    All that means is HP isn't doing pre-orders.

Palm USA | Mobile Products for Consumers, Professionals, and Businesses

Veer is the first thing advertised on page load.
    And just as webOS nation was going to die for lack of promotion... the Veer appears at AT&T:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...ml#post2961506
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    It isn't available for purchase until the 15th... perhaps you will find information when it is officially released.
    I would tend to believe this, as HP has said it isn't cool to talk about devices before they are available.

I really thought that meant corporate announcements, but I guess it applies to advertising as well. (unless you count Mini-Coopers)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Yes they do. AT&T is launching an android phone on Sunday, too. Are they promoting that one yet?
    In the store, yes. At least the one I was in.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Wait...so HP didn't have a problem announcing the product MONTHS ago, creating hype and invoking interest in products, but they don't want to follow through now until it's released? Not even a countdown? Not even a 48hour countdown? ANYTHING ALL, no promotional material? how many people even know that something's coming out on the 15th?

Either don't announce it till it's CLOSE to time of release (Apple methodology) or be pro-active throughout AFTER announcing it so you keep the interest.

Don't create hype, then go in a hole for months, and then come back and expect people to be waiting. Morons.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by sdguy101 View Post
    Wait...so HP didn't have a problem announcing the product MONTHS ago, creating hype and invoking interest in products, but they don't want to follow through now until it's released? Not even a countdown? Not even a 48hour countdown? ANYTHING ALL, no promotional material? how many people even know that something's coming out on the 15th?

Either don't announce it till it's CLOSE to time of release (Apple methodology) or be pro-active throughout AFTER announcing it so you keep the interest.

Don't create hype, then go in a hole for months, and then come back and expect people to be waiting. Morons.
    This, basically.
    Let me show you what cynicism looks like.
    Quote Originally Posted by scobb View Post
    Funny, I agree. As an old Amiga fan myself:

"It's Dj vu all over again".

Let's hope HP has the magic to make things happen.
    Ditto. Man I hope HP will put the dollars behind it.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    go to your local best buy tomorrow loyal webos enthusiants and lets create our own buzz around it. Even if you are waiting for the pre 3 like me.

load up facebook, web, email and pan out to card view.

if I can I plan to load up my free apps on the demo at the local bestbuy...techtray and whatsshaking.

shame there's not any hype on tv....hope there's ads lined up...
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    go to your local best buy tomorrow loyal webos enthusiants and lets create our own buzz around it. Even if you are waiting for the pre 3 like me.

load up facebook, web, email and pan out to card view.

if I can I plan to load up my free apps on the demo at the local bestbuy...techtray and whatsshaking.

shame there's not any hype on tv....hope there's ads lined up...
    I've seen DROID billboards, I've seen Samsung billboards, iPhone, Apple............ where's HP?

Here's an example:

I've seen 5 different billboards for Portal 2. A farking video game based on an old engine. There are buses, trains, billboards, all around advertising a god damn game, from a company MUCH smaller than HP. Something as simple as a billboard that just says Portal 2 and 4.19.11 (launch date). Gets people intrigued, thinking, looking it up.

They saw that it was viable to have this title launch on consoles too, not just PC. It's a very heavily marketed game because of that. They want the PS3 and Xbox360 users to KNOW it's on xbox and ps3.

Do you know which game is now toping the charts for both Xbox360 and PS3? PORTAL 2!

Marketing is marketing, regardless of product. But to HPalm, it's some sort of poison that they stay away from. God forbid they spend a penny on it.
    Relax, strong support is coming with $$$ being spent, this below is only the first example:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post2962281
    It is amazing how many Marketing geniuses we have in these forums. If I ever need any marketing done I'm going to hire directly from these pages, seeing how many experts we have here.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Relax, strong support is coming with $$$ being spent, this below is only the first example:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post2962281
    Wait, so HP hired another company (), who's idea was to hire some nimwit to stand in a bestbuy store couple days a week and demo webOS?

GREAT THINGS ARE COMING!.........................................not.
    Wait, so HP hired another company (), who's idea was to hire some nimwit to stand in a bestbuy store couple days a week and demo webOS?

Wow, is it... raining where you live? Most transactions happen at point-of-sale. Here is someone knowledgeable whose sole job is to demonstrate all the great features of webOS to you and answer all your questions. I don't know about the BestBuy near you, but I can't stand going inside the one near me, a bunch of product lined up along a wall with smudgy fingerprints on it and takes 5 min for the guy behind the counter to even look up to answer a question, let alone walk out from behind the counter.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts

lol, calm down borat. that is actually a good idea. apple has a whole store of 'nimwits' pawning their products. so does sprint, att, etc.

hp has successfully marketed billions of dollars in products. you don't become as successful as hp is in the consumer and enterprise space without some of the best marketing.
    I so loved my Amiga... and I held on for so long. I am starting to feel the same way about webOS. I want the Pre3, and the TouchPad but if they don't hit it out of the park I'm gone. webOS might be the best OS out there (like OSX vs Windows for personal computers) but if it simply doesn't have the apps I want I'll have to go with a less-elegant solution . Any OS is a means to an end - that end being the Apps that do what the consumer wants. The OS by itself can't carry any platform, no matter how slick.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12