Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by j_benj View Post
    I'm going to try my best not to take offense that you guys would actually think I'm dumb enough to go into a Best Buy store and ask a random employee about the release date of a mobile phone.

As I said a few posts up, I was speaking to people IN the mobile section, standing between the counter and the AT&T display.
    I'm pretty that poster was slighting the employees at BB, and their lack of knowledge in their own departments...not you J_benj...
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I stopped by the local at&t store in nyc and asked if they happened to have a pre 2 in store and of course they didn't. So I then asked about the veer and if they were going to get it this Sunday. Her response was what is a veer and who makes that phone. I told her it was being released this Sunday from HP/Palm and she pretty much asked me why do I want that phone and I should just get the Atrix or the iphone. So sad.
    I'm going to try my best not to take offense that you guys would actually think I'm dumb enough to go into a Best Buy store and ask a random employee about the release date of a mobile phone.

As I said a few posts up, I was speaking to people IN the mobile section, standing between the counter and the AT&T display.
    I don't think they were thinking you were dumb, but that these guys 'in-the-know' often times don't know anything.
    I was glad you actually asked somebody at best buy.

Also, in case you thought HardBeatz' post was implying that it was sad for someone to believe what you or the BB employee said:
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    This makes me sad. Best Buy was truly the Veer's last hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    It makes me sad that you believe that.
    I'm pretty sure he was saying it's sad that innocentbystander felt that BB was the Veer's last hope.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony81586 View Post
    I'm pretty that poster was slighting the employees at BB, and their lack of knowledge in their own departments...not you J_benj...
    That's how I read it also.
    Just call me Berd.

just having some fun.
    I went in the BB tonight to pre-order for my wife. The first girl was clueless and thought I meant HTC. But when she asked the other girl, she did know about the phone. She said, "Yeah, we are taking pre-orders for them." Then she said she couldn't find the proper pre-order form. So, she said she would just take my name and number. About that time, she said, "Oh, it says here that supplies are constrained and that we won't have them at launch. We won't get them until the 22nd."

So, I gave her my name and number. I'm not too worried about it. I think when they do come out, BB will have plenty that I won't need to "Pre order" to get one.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    I can't believe you are willing to sign a 2 year contract for a veer.
    I'm not. I was going to. Get one on a 1 year contract at the AT&T store but it's actually cheaper to get the free one from BB and cancel after a year and pay the reduced ETF.
    Best Buy employees (my son being one) don't work on commission so they will have some info but really not much....
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

The guys at Verizon are the worst.
    I can teach them...!!!!!!
    (all they want to do is sell their beloved droids)

I say "I want information about the pre 3"
    They say "What is that???"
    Classic story :P
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12