Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    HP Veer Review - Watch CNET's Video Review
    Attached Images Attached Images
    She referred to the phone as the "ATP Veer" twice and the "HP Veer" only once and at the end. Hey CNET, how about a "take two" once in a while?
    Most people walking into an AT&T store or Best Buy and consider a Veer will never have even heard of Cnet. Or Josh Toplosky. We all need to take a step back and see the world as the non-smartphone obsessed see it. It's hard, I know. I can't even do it myself, I just ask my parents and sister and brother what they think.
    The Developer is the Customer - Richard Kerris

John Kneeland | Community & Developer Relations | Palm GBU | Hewlett-Packard Company

Feel free to reach out to me! john.kneeland (at) palm
    Ahh yes... CNET - the most accurate tech site on the interwebs Those people lost it years ago.
    I posted a reply that I think provides a bit more detailed (and correct) info. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    In Bonnie's written review, she also said it doesn't have voice dial, which is ridiculous. Did she even use the phone at all, and look through any of the menus, or did she just pick it up for a few minutes, decide it was too small and not look back?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    And the trolling started in there already LOL That ex-P|C member has only posted anti-webOS stuff.. so sad.

@jbg... I was wondering the exact same thing. If you ever watch her other reviews, she is always making the dumbest comments and getting stuff wrong.

ROFL.. did anyone else catch that as she was whining about the headphone jack, she had it on the device upside-down?? That's why it wasn't fitting properly and was popping off easily. Bonnie Bonnie Bonnie... how are you still reviewing for tech sites?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/12/2011 at 12:16 PM.
    I've always had the feeling that Bonnie has it out for at&t.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    And the trolling started in there already LOL That ex-P|C member has only posted anti-webOS stuff.. so sad.
    Are you talking about ArmageddonX's "review"? I'd say people should go there and make sure to downrake his review as "Unhelpful".

@jbg... I was wondering the exact same thing. If you ever watch her other reviews, she is always making the dumbest comments and getting stuff wrong.

ROFL.. did anyone else catch that as she was whining about the headphone jack, she had it on the device upside-down?? That's why it wasn't fitting properly and was popping off easily. Bonnie Bonnie Bonnie... how are you still reviewing for tech sites?

To be honest, you shouldn't have to worry about which way a jack is attached since it should be built in. She's right on the money about losing it also.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    sorry to veer a bit off course, but why do so many people still use wired headphones? Pay good money for latest smartphones/mp3 players/home and audio stereos/etc, but the headphones people buy are still wired?

Yeah, BT isn't the perfect solution, but, sound quality is excellent in many BT stereo headphones. Why anyone would want those #$^%(^* wires hanging all around them I don't get.
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    LOL! The headphone jack is on backwards. Super fail by a half *** review. Sadly people will take it as is as a serious review now :\
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    To be honest, you shouldn't have to worry about which way a jack is attached since it should be built in. She's right on the money about losing it also.
    LOL I don't get that perception. Granted, it's not a norm in the mobile phone market, but complaining about something as basic as simply attaching a magnet to the side of a phone (which only fits one way) is as smart as complaining about plugging the USB cord in (ie: you should be able to plug in the USB charging cable in any direction.. geez it's really dumb that it only fits in the connection one way.) LOL

If anyone thinks they will lose the adapter, either use a bluetooth headset, or don't buy the phone. Having a 'professional' reviewer pan a device because they don't like a magnetic connector they can't seem to use, or that you "have to use" the magnetic charging cable to charge the device (which it comes with a TouchStone back built in). Sorry... but her review was simply embarrassing.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    sorry to veer a bit off course, but why do so many people still use wired headphones? Pay good money for latest smartphones/mp3 players/home and audio stereos/etc, but the headphones people buy are still wired?

Yeah, BT isn't the perfect solution, but, sound quality is excellent in many BT stereo headphones. Why anyone would want those #$^%(^* wires hanging all around them I don't get.
    Wired don't require recharge. Wired don't have a lithium ion battery that will need to be replaced after 2-4 years. Wired you can get ok to decent quality sound for $10. BT you need to spend $50+ for ok to decent quality sound or $70+ for good quality sound. Using a BT headset with any device decreases the battery charge of that device faster than using wired headphones (assuming you're not charging the device as you listen).

Those are the reasons I don't own BT stereo headphones. I do own a BT car kit and have a touchstone in my car though. I'm disappointed with the music sound quality, but it's the best solution for getting my baseball games to output through my car speakers.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    The thing I hate most about the magnetic adapter and why I hate the Veer..

..they're not adding that feature to the Pre 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post

The ones in the $100 and up range offer excellent sound. You can also find some gems under $100.

BT has spotty reviews, still. Connection, inconsistent sound quality and fit problems come to mind. In my case, many sets are just too huge for me.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 05/12/2011 at 02:08 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by calpolykc View Post
    She referred to the phone as the "ATP Veer" twice and the "HP Veer" only once and at the end. Hey CNET, how about a "take two" once in a while?
    I can't understand people who are in the business of reviewing products don't really know them well enough to even call it by the correct name. I mean I know not to many people have heard of "The webOS" but come on lol
    LOL I don't get that perception. Granted, it's not a norm in the mobile phone market, but complaining about something as basic as simply attaching a magnet to the side of a phone (which only fits one way) is as smart as complaining about plugging the USB cord in (ie: you should be able to plug in the USB charging cable in any direction.. geez it's really dumb that it only fits in the connection one way.) LOL

If anyone thinks they will lose the adapter, either use a bluetooth headset, or don't buy the phone. Having a 'professional' reviewer pan a device because they don't like a magnetic connector they can't seem to use, or that you "have to use" the magnetic charging cable to charge the device (which it comes with a TouchStone back built in). Sorry... but her review was simply embarrassing.
    Proprietary useless attachments are what she's panning and I agree with her about that.

Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    There's a market for the veer. It's the Consumer who's always on the go and tired of lugging around heavy phones. I have a pre, plus,pre2 and mytouch 4g and my preference right now is my new at&t pixi plus.
    Amen. Too many gadgets here.. I don't need my personal phone to be a giant beast anymore. I just want something (with webOS) that I can use for communications, social networking and the occasional app/website. I think the Veer is going to be just what I need.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Proprietary useless attachments are what she's panning and I agree with her about that.
    ... but.. you have an iPhone4... with a proprietary sync/charge cable...
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast