Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 86
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    There's still a ton of people in Chicago using corded.

    I won't use stereo BT yet, as stated earlier.
    Same here in Winston-Salem and I see the same thing every weekend when I go to Charlotte and walk around my Pops neighborhood, downtown and the city in general. Corded headphones are going no where for a long while.
  2. #62  
    I picked my S-10 at release and have had really good experience with them (barring occasional BT connection issues) for running. They are definitely sweat proof.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    S-10 has worse reviews than S-9 from what I've seen. I don't know if it's user error or what, but it's not encouraging when the successor has worse reviews than the first.

    I need a small set for sure, and the one set I saw that was any good judging by reviews and price was huge for me. Sony does have a small set but it also has inconsistent reviews. I'm not sure I want to pay $70 or so to find out. They don't sell that one in the stores around here so it'll be a hassle to return if ordered online. I could try the S-10 I guess, at $90 full retail. At least I can get that around here.

    I'm just not too impressed with the options concerning BT stereo headsets.
    I see pandas.
  3. #63  
    But looking at reviews scares me away from them, sorry. Best Buy wants $90. They will take them back though in the store, the only reason I'd pay that. They are less online, but if the reviews are correct then I have to worry about selling or returning them by mail.

    2 pairs in a roll stopped working, and horrible sound quality in a lot of reviews are not what I want to read when spending $90.

    Look on Amazon and Best Buy reviews and you'll see what I mean. Once place I forgot to check was CNET user reviews though.

    P.S. Just looked on CNET, very bad reviews also.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 05/12/2011 at 10:26 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    To be honest, you shouldn't have to worry about which way a jack is attached since it should be built in. She's right on the money about losing it also.
    I totally agree, the magnetic connector is lame and HP should have just made the phone enough larger to accommodate the standard connections, universal charging so you can charge your phone anywhere you can find one which is about anyone, and a built in mic plug. Seem to me this is just common sense. Why reinvent the wheel?
  5. nyallj's Avatar
    Posts
    408 Posts
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by sandlizard View Post
    Why reinvent the wheel?
    Get a different wheel perhaps?
    NNJ
  6. #66  
    one advantage to the magnetic headphone jack. No more "stuck in headset" issues. If the jack gets stuck, replace it. Leave the adapter plugged onto your headphones and it's always there when you need it.
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by mofishmgr View Post
    one advantage to the magnetic headphone jack. No more "stuck in headset" issues. If the jack gets stuck, replace it. Leave the adapter plugged onto your headphones and it's always there when you need it.
    Why don't they just fix the bug that causes this and it won't be a problem. And If its a hardware problem, don't skimp out on design and production for the the phone and the problem would cease to exist.
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Why don't they just fix the bug that causes this and it won't be a problem. And If its a hardware problem, don't skimp out on design and production for the the phone and the problem would cease to exist.
    It was weird it got carried over from the treo.

    I guess we won't know if they got it fixed until the Pre3.
    Although, I didn't have the issue with my Pre2.
    And I don't remember it being mentioned as an issue by others with the Pre2.
    Maybe they fixed it.
    Just call me Berd.
  9. #69  
    This is a off topic but sense there are so many comments on adapters, I pulled this from another forum on what the Apple 30 pins are for. I too would like a standard port so I don't have to remember to have a proprietary cable with me for extended outings. Whether the information below is all needed I have no comment on.

    Start of snip...
    Apple will Continue to use the Dock Connector

    a MicroUSB Connector is about 40% as wide as an Apple Dock Connector but only provides less than 16.67% of the functionality

    Micro USB Connection List:

    1. +5 V
    2. USB Data −
    3. USB Data +
    4. Signal Ground
    5. Signal Ground


    Apple Dock Connection List:

    1. Ground (-)
    2. Audio and Video ground (-)
    3. Line Out - R (+) (Audio output, right channel)
    4. Line Out - L(+) (Audio output, left channel)
    5. Line In - R (+)
    6. Line In - L (+)
    7. unknown
    8. Composite video output
    9. S-Video Chrominance output
    10. S-Video Luminance output
    11. Serial GND
    12. ipod sending line, Serial TxD
    13. ipod receiving line, Serial RxD
    14. NC
    15. Ground (-)
    16. USB GND (-)
    17. NC
    18. 3.3V Power (+) Stepped up to provide +5V DC to USB on iPod Camera Connector.
    19. +12V Firewire Power 12V DC
    20. +12V Firewire Power 12V DC
    21. Accessory Indicator/Serial enable
    22. FireWire Data TPA (-)
    23. USB Power 5 VDC (+)
    24. FireWire Data TPA (+)
    25. USB Data (-)
    26. FireWire Data TPB (-)
    27. USB Data (+)
    28. FireWire Data TPB (+)
    29. FireWire Ground
    30. FireWire Ground
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Do you really think it's relevant, though? Don't you think standards and expectations have changed since then?
    They have changed. Everyone seems to expect anyone who isn't Apple to comply with specific standards that could actually hold back design innovations. And with todays "expectations," if Apple had added a mag port adapter on the iPhone it would have been heralded by the "masses" as innovative. But since someone else did it to improve their overall design, it's denounced as flying in the face of "standards."

    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    This is a off topic but sense there are so many comments on adapters, I pulled this from another forum on what the Apple 30 pins are for. I too would like a standard port so I don't have to remember to have a proprietary cable with me for extended outings. Whether the information below is all needed I have no comment on.

    Start of snip...
    Apple will Continue to use the Dock Connector

    a MicroUSB Connector is about 40% as wide as an Apple Dock Connector but only provides less than 16.67% of the functionality
    The dedicated functions of the lines in the pin out have nothing to do with the actual functionality of the 30-pin connector verse a micro USB connector. A micro USB connector can support similar functionality as the 30-pin with a different overhead design. The only thing it can't support without significant cost would be Firewire, but then Firewire is pretty much dead for more consumer applications.
    Last edited by Orion Antares; 05/13/2011 at 01:21 PM.
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    They have changed. Everyone seems to expect anyone who isn't Apple to comply with specific standards that could actually hold back design innovations. And with todays "expectations," if Apple had added a mag port adapter on the iPhone it would have been heralded by the "masses" as innovative. But since someone else did it to improve their overall design, it's denounced as flying in the face of "standards."



    The dedicated functions of the lines in the pin out have nothing to do with the actual functionality of the 30-pin connector verse a micro USB connector. A micro USB connector can support similar functionality as the 30-pin with a different overhead design. The only thing it can't support without significant cost would be Firewire, but then Firewire is pretty much dead for more consumer applications.
    The post was to show what the 30 pins did, I was not making a conclusion if they are needed or could be done another way.

    What is this different overhead design? Is anyone making a setup where microUSB charges, does line/and out and video currently?

    Just asking, cause I'm sure why there is fire wire/camera connection and all the other stuff in there.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 05/13/2011 at 01:39 PM.
  12. #72  
    Well, I would like if was MicroUSB... but I can survive with magnetic plug!

    It's only a matter of perspective: "the glass of water is half full or half empty?"


    Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Everyone seems to expect anyone who isn't Apple to comply with specific standards that could actually hold back design innovations. And with todays "expectations," if Apple had added a mag port adapter on the iPhone it would have been heralded by the "masses" as innovative. But since someone else did it to improve their overall design, it's denounced as flying in the face of "standards."
    Just call me Berd.
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    The post was to show what the 30 pins did, I was not making a conclusion if they are needed or could be done another way.

    What is this different overhead design? Is anyone making a setup where microUSB charges, does line/and out and video currently?

    Just asking, cause I'm sure why there is fire wire/camera connection and all the other stuff in there.
    I don't know of anyone that has bothered to do so with a cellphone. It's a change in the controller overhead, a change in software and hardware chips and where and how the signals are processed. I've never dissected one of Apple's 30-pin cables to see what they have for control circuits so I can only speculate on cost impacts. If they already have control chips in there, the change in cost would be minimal to change how they work and interpret the signals from the USB port. If all those different adapters (such as the A/V adapter) do is just switch which pin their running their signal from, then it would eat into their profit margins on those $40+ adapters because they would need to be made more complex.
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    They have changed. Everyone seems to expect anyone who isn't Apple to comply with specific standards that could actually hold back design innovations. And with todays "expectations," if Apple had added a mag port adapter on the iPhone it would have been heralded by the "masses" as innovative. But since someone else did it to improve their overall design, it's denounced as flying in the face of "standards."
    Apple tried the adapter route on their 3 gen. Shuffle, they had to go back to standard buttons.

    Granted it wasn't a magnetic adapter. But trying to get people to either not use their own headphones, or buy new ones, or buy adapters probably licensed by Apple so they could use their own headphones, did not fly well.

    You have to be careful trying to get people to throw out what works perfectly well. The reason why 3.5mm jack built in worked well is people thought headphone adapters were a pain. And they were, try finding the one for your phone back then. The reason microUSB built in works well is one charger or sync cord can be used used on many devices, removing the need to tear your hair out trying to get a replacement if you lose the original.

    For small magnetic mobile adapters to become the standard, first they will have to prove they're better than microUSB ports built in. But we'd be going back to needing adapters and small parts easy to lose. I don't view that as convenient except for the manufacturer to rake in cash.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  16. #76  
    The success or failure of the magnetic connector will be reflected on this site by the number or praises or complaint threads generated by users.

    I give 10 days before the first thread goes up about lost adapter
    The rest of the threads will go something like:
    ...I love this connector, so convenient
    ...Does any one else have a problem with the connecter popping off?
    ...Music sound better with magnetic connector
    ...Magnetic connector won't stay on? Should I return?
    ...Magnetic connector works as advertised

    More extreme and ridiculous:
    ...Veer connector erased my credit card!!!!
    ...My Dog swallowed my connector, what to do, headphones won't connect to fur
  17. nyallj's Avatar
    Posts
    408 Posts
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    #77  
    This.

    And this.

    Enough said already about the magnetic adapter please.
    NNJ
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    This.

    And this.

    Enough said already about the magnetic adapter please.
    I have the S9. Terrible sound, and a dongle, are you serious? It would be preferable to buy 10 veer adapters than use a dongle, defeats the whole purpose of "small".

    You might as well have posted a link to the Pre 3 instead of a dongle.
  19. #79  
    Or this.

    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    I have the S9. Terrible sound, and a dongle, are you serious? It would be preferable to buy 10 veer adapters than use a dongle, defeats the whole purpose of "small".

    You might as well have posted a link to the Pre 3 instead of a dongle.
    I think he was trying to be funny. That dongle is a transmitter, not a receiver. Well aside from the standard handsfree controls.
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Or this.



    I think he was trying to be funny. That dongle is a transmitter, not a receiver. Well aside from the standard handsfree controls.
    Exactly, used for devices that don't have bluetooth, but if it was joke then I misinterpreted the poster's intent.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions