1.    #1  
    HI all,

I found a very favorable, but brief comment by Wall Street Journal's Katie Boehret. WebOS shines in this comment!

Enjoy!

Take care,

Jay

HP Veer 4G

TechBytes: Movie Rentals on Android and YouTube - ABC News

The first device to come out of of the HP Palm merger goes on sale Sunday. The HP Veer is small but, the Wall Street Journal's Katie Boehret said, the phone's operating system is really what sets it apart.

"WebOS lets you really multi-task," she said. "You can very easily see all of your programs running at the same time. It plays Flash in the browser, which is something that Apple's operating system does not do . . . and webOS is really just designer focused.

"It's smooth, it's pleasing to use, it doesn't feel geeky," Boehret said.

The Veer costs about $100
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Good to see! Thanks, Jay!
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    The first device to come out of of the HP Palm merger goes on sale Sunday.
    and the pre 2 just died a little inside.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
  4.    #4  
    Hi all,

To change the subject slightly, I have been given the following a great deal of thought for the past 2 days. In reference to the full reviews that I have read or watch (on Youtube), even the negitives have been mitigagted by the press.

Read below and you'll see what I mean.

There's are a two issues that I am pleased with:

A. the positives for the Veer.

1. The quality of the hardware is often mentions. The slide out mechanism is strong and firm, (it doesn't slide out when you don't want it to), when you just pick up the phone. Also often mentioned is the feel and "clickablity" of the keys.

2. the quality of webOS and the fact that is is very easy to use, can be mastered quickly and easily. That one can run many, many apps at once, for true multi tasking. Almost all reviews point out that you cannot due that with other platforms.

3. in most reviews the display has been praised for brightness and clarity. Gorilla glass is almost always mentioned.

B. The negatives:

Something else that I am pleased with...any negative comments that I have read fall into the following subjects. None have been scathing and all have explanations having nothing to due with the quality & ease of use of webOS or the quality of the hardware.

1. that it's small, although almost all of the reviews quickly point out that the soon to arrive, (hopefully very soon) Pre 3 is for those who want a larger phone.

2. the charging jack/head phone jack most of the comments quickly point out that was due to it's size and that it will work with a Bluetooth headset and a Touchstone should you wish to avoid the adapter.

3. small number off apps but almost all of the reviews quickly point out that HP promises that there will be many apps to follow.

4. the reviews almost always point out that while thew Veer is not for everyone, that HP has promised a full line of smartphones with something for everyone. All of the reviews that I have read point out that the Veer is geared to those who have never owned a smartphone before, (many reviews quickly point out that the Centro was very successfully marketed to the same block of customers).
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Discussion and link to her full Veer review here:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...ml#post2958804

Another WSJ article on the TouchPad here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-palm...hpad-woot.html
  6.    #6  
    Hi all,

As I said above the reviews have been very good & the negatives are ALL MINOR. All deal with the size of the phone and that there will be other models, so there is something for everyone.

Now we just need a very positive and aggressive ad campaign from HP and well trained people at all of the Cell phone providers that will be carrying the various models of HP smartphone line/webOS devices! Not to mention excellent sells numbers....I'm happy to say I will be one of those sales numbers as soon as the Pre3 rolls out! I still don't think I need a pad although I do see why many people do!

Take care,

Jay
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    and the pre 2 just died a little inside.

Hi,

OOOPPPSSS but then again those are Katie Boehret words not mine...I get in enough trouble without help from others....LOL!

Take care,

Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi,

OOOPPPSSS but then again those are Katie Boehret words not mine...I get in enough trouble without help from others....LOL!

Take care,

Jay
    LOL, i know they weren't your words, its just that i've seen that mentioned in several other reviews too. poor pre 2.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    LOL, i know they weren't your words, its just that i've seen that mentioned in several other reviews too. poor pre 2.
    Hi,

Poor Pre2 It must be the feeling the "redheaded step child"

Besides from what I understand the Pre2 was in the pipeline BEFORE Palm went looking to be bought out!

Take care,

Jay
    One of the things I really like about this escerpt from her review, is that she goes out of her way to specifically say that IOS can't do some of the things webOS does. We need more of this.
    The extra dongle for charging/headphones is the most serious problem with the phone. Small size is what it is, most people want a big screen, but anyone who wants a small phone recognizes that there will be a trade off. I was very happy with that review.

She liked the hardware
    She liked the software
    She found it easy to set up
    She said it played Flash well
    She didn't mention any problems beyond what I mentioned above. The Pre got dissed in some reviews for problems that I didn't think were real, caused by the reviewer not figuring it out before reviewing it. That's unfortunate. This seemed like a fair and generally positive review. So much that after reading it I wrote to my husband "there's hope for the Pre!"