Attached Images Attached Images
    Frontpage!

[edit] or at least a Sticky! Change to a poll to vote! =P

ROFLMFAO!
    I see pandas.
    Veer screen friendlier:
    Just call me Berd.
    You, sir, are a god among men.
    Just playing devils advocate here: you're comparing specs; do you really think those that are in the market for a Veer or Kin-type device are paying close attention to the specs?
    No. They might be interested in whether or not their device costs $100 or can play Angry Birds, though.
    Great chart..
    You should also compare OS's. webOS is a fully featured smartphone OS whereas the Kin had some weird OS of its own
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Just playing devils advocate here: you're comparing specs; do you really think those that are in the market for a Veer or Kin-type device are paying close attention to the specs?
    well everything the downers compare is the size and pay all of their attation to it and the somewhat similar formfactor.

its just something complete different.

its not even a spec compare. it says that all of it is different, the gadget, the purpose, the target audience, the concept, the marketing, every single thing.

the kin is an apple (and i cant hold myself smiling)
    the veer is an orange (now well i need some help to get the metaphor^^)

(and the veer its sexy, but thats just my very personal mantra ^^)
    (and the kin was cheesy at its best)
  10.    #10  
    I also forgot to mention Mobile Hotspot as well, but then I thought about it, and since it costs more per month I really dont think thats a fair comparison of features.

But then again it is an option on the Veer, and quite honestly 5mbs Mobile Hotspot on such a small device is a great option.

So I dunno.
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    You should also compare OS's. webOS is a fully featured smartphone OS whereas the Kin had some weird OS of its own
    That's actually another good point.

That's surely something I weigh into my purchase of a SmartPhone.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    For a Kin, No.

But for the veer, Yes, the same as they did for the centro and/or pixi.
    Just call me Berd.
    I know someone who owns and loves a Kin One, to each their own I suppose. Like it or not, they have a very similar target audience.
    ...Hopefully the Veer will succeed where the Kin failed.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    I know someone who owns and loves a Kin One, to each their own I suppose.
    Me too! haha

They're similar in design, that's what the comparison is for. Of course the Veer is a beast, but it will face the same fate the Kin did if HP and AT&T abandon it before launch (kinda like microsoft and verizon did to the kin).

Microsoft Kin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

600 MHz, not 400MHz. Also, not all 6,000 apps work on the Veer, that's one of the issues Josh T. had with the Veer when reviewing it.

Both kins's have LED flash, a real USB port, and a real headphone jack. The Veer doesn't.

The Kin two actually one-ups the Veer when it comes to features, even if the Veer has more RAM and a faster processor/GPU combo.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    I know someone who owns and loves a Kin One, to each their own I suppose. Like it or not, they have a very similar target audience.
    ...Hopefully the Veer will succeed where the Kin failed.
    Yes, and no.

Yes, for those just looking for a kin like device.

But HP is most definitely targeting a bigger user than a Kin user.

I could see myself moving from my Treo Pro to the Veer.
    Just call me Berd.
  16.    #16  
    I cant believe no one has mentioned the Data Plan prices.

That for me was a big one and why I put it at the top.

Unless using MHS, you probably arent going to be using that much data on a phone this small. Emails and the odd app. Web pages are kinda out of the question.

So, to pay $30 a month ontop of your phone plan for a Feature Phone like the Kin? That was the deal breaker for many.

To pay $15 a month ontop of your plan for the Veer, with a full featured OS like WebOS, much more reasonable.

Kin on 2 year Plan: $720 in data usage you would never probably fully use.
    Veer on 2 year plan: $360 in data.
    Although the Kin was released as the Onem with a dumphone data plan, wasn't it?
    That might be nice to see on the Veer, although it won't happen...
    IDK, let me start by saying I don't want a Veer... Have a Pre 2 & waiting for Pre 3...

Anyhow, I'm getting tired of all the posts complaining about the size of the Veer... It is ment for a specific market that HP feels exists (I'm not saying it doesn't, but they are taking a gamble and if rumors are true, apple may think there is too.) People need to stop comparing it to 3"+ screens period. It has a larger sibling (Pre through Pre 2) so don't say screen should be bigger. If you don't like it, move along. Don't call it a p.o.s. It's not. It's great for the market it is targeted to.

Sry for venting here. Wanted to get that off my chest without a bunch of android lover backlash which is running rampant on these forums lately.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    if the veer had a 3.5mm headphone jack and a micro USB then i can see this device going somewhere. the fact that it doesn't, imo, makes it DOA.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    You are right...because the target audience of this phone will have any idea what Mhz or RAM means. The Kin proved there is not a large enough audience for this type of phone, but HP in all their brilliant wisdom chose the same path.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast