Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    So, I got back from afghanistan in late August, and purchased a new phone. First, it was the Captivate but after 3 long weeks of hell I got rid of that garbage and got an iphone4. I've been a long time iOS user and WebOS admirer. Unfortunately I really did not want to invest into year old hardware with nothing good in sight. Anyways, here we are and I am extremely excited about the Veer, it fits my needs and is the perfect thing for me to splash into the community with. With the latest news about best buy offering it for free with a 2 year agreement I was giddy. I'm also looking forward to it because I want to get the Touchpad and get the full "ecosystem" started.

    Now to the meat and potatoes of my rant, I call up AT&T and find out I'm not eligible for an upgrade until August 29th, which I expected...but what I did not expect was that they got rid of their "early upgrade" fee. Which is a fee that lets you re-sign your contract, there for getting the device for the contract price. Hopefully, HP is looking at the Veer as more of a break-out device and not one to really get a massive profit from, because I cannot justify spending $300+ on potentially "free" device. Also, I do not have the patience to wait until the end of August...I hate this damn iPhone at this point.

    Okay, thats my rant. Anyone have a contact email for HP? I cant find an email on their site, only a phone number. Maybe I can complain my way into a less expensive device, who knows...Thanks for reading!
  2. #2  
    In Germany it looks as if the Veer goes for 300 Euros unlocked (incl. 19% VAT). Usually the prices are converted 1:1 to Dollar (excl. VAT). There's still a chance
  3. #3  
    HI Anthony, and welcome back from Afghanistan! .. and Thank You

    If you want to contact them, I'd suggest trying the Palm website and even posting in their forums as they do monitor them very well.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the replies. Hopefully, I can get something going over there.
  5. #5  
    Hell, if I wasn't just a student now, I'd buy one for you for your service to our country. Thank you, and I hope you get your Veer!

    Also, if you go into development, HP would certainly give you (or at least pay for most of) one.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    Hell, if I wasn't just a student now, I'd buy one for you for your service to our country. Thank you, and I hope you get your Veer!

    Also, if you go into development, HP would certainly give you (or at least pay for most of) one.
    Hey man, I appreciate the sentiment. I did 6 years in the Marine Corps and 4 deployments, 2 to japan, 1 to iraq, and the last one to afghan. Missing the camaraderie since Ive been out. This community is pretty awesome.
  7. LA6507a's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    #7  
    Anthony81586, when you contacted AT%T, did they know about the Veer? I am on the phone with them right now and have been holding for 10 minutes while my CSR looks for information on this phone from HP that he's never heard of.

    EDIT: I'm gonna start a new thread - this is crazy!
    Last edited by LA6507; 05/12/2011 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Starting a new thread
  8. bmarsden's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony81586 View Post
    So, I got back from afghanistan in late August, and purchased a new phone. First, it was the Captivate but after 3 long weeks of hell I got rid of that garbage and got an iphone4. I've been a long time iOS user and WebOS admirer. Unfortunately I really did not want to invest into year old hardware with nothing good in sight. Anyways, here we are and I am extremely excited about the Veer, it fits my needs and is the perfect thing for me to splash into the community with. With the latest news about best buy offering it for free with a 2 year agreement I was giddy. I'm also looking forward to it because I want to get the Touchpad and get the full "ecosystem" started.

    Now to the meat and potatoes of my rant, I call up AT&T and find out I'm not eligible for an upgrade until August 29th, which I expected...but what I did not expect was that they got rid of their "early upgrade" fee. Which is a fee that lets you re-sign your contract, there for getting the device for the contract price. Hopefully, HP is looking at the Veer as more of a break-out device and not one to really get a massive profit from, because I cannot justify spending $300+ on potentially "free" device. Also, I do not have the patience to wait until the end of August...I hate this damn iPhone at this point.

    Okay, thats my rant. Anyone have a contact email for HP? I cant find an email on their site, only a phone number. Maybe I can complain my way into a less expensive device, who knows...Thanks for reading!

    First, thanks for your service -- the armed forces don't get enough respect and I personally feel like It's my job to help stand up for you guys who are risking your lives when the anti-war morons start marching the streets.

    Second, have you considered selling your iPhone on ebay to come up with the funds to buy a Veer off-contract? They sell for quite a bit of money...probably enough to buy a veer (unsubsidized) and still have a few bones left over. Give it some thought, you might be surprised.
  9. #9  
    I think they give monthly bill discounts to those in the service except perhaps for the iphone. If you are switching, you might qualify, don't forget to ask.
  10.    #10  
    Actually I just posted my iPhone 4 for $450 on craigslist...so realistically I might just do that. But really still depends on the off contract price. I wonder if best buy can offer something like an early upgrade or something...I really can't see HP selling off contract for more than $200 but we will see.

    And as far as AT&T goes with knowing about the device, my specific call was to verify my upgrade date and inquire about the early upgrade fee, which they have since gotten rid of. Not about the veer specifically.

    Thanks again for the responses you guys are awesome!
  11. #11  
    Using the GetHuman app on my Pre+, if found the following email address for HP customer service -

    customerservice.hpshopping@hp.com

    Hope this helps!


    I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    Using the GetHuman app on my Pre+, if found the following email address for HP customer service -

    customerservice.hpshopping@hp.com

    Hope this helps!
    Thanks! I will deff be shooting out an email tonight with hopes of getting a free veer using leverage of purchasing a touchpad next month. wish me luck!

    I'm clearly an optimist.
  13. #13  
    I'm not one to normally burst someone's bubble, so I'll just state that hopefully the person you speak to is able to come to a resolution and provides a solution that is both beneficial to you and the company as a whole.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I'm not one to normally burst someone's bubble, so I'll just state that hopefully the person you speak to is able to come to a resolution and provides a solution that is both beneficial to you and the company as a whole.
    From a marketing standpoint HP should be releasing some sort of early upgrade option as most people haven't waied the full two years before upgrading. If they want the people who jumped ship to come back or invite new users it would only make sense. The veer is something they are using to draw attention to WebOS or at least pair with the touchpad...the only way a bubble would be burst is if i had to pay $300 for "potentially" free phone. But thanks for not completely injecting ur dose of reality into my bubble.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony81586 View Post
    From a marketing standpoint HP should be releasing some sort of early upgrade option as most people haven't waied the full two years before upgrading. If they want the people who jumped ship to come back or invite new users it would only make sense. The veer is something they are using to draw attention to WebOS or at least pair with the touchpad...the only way a bubble would be burst is if i had to pay $300 for "potentially" free phone. But thanks for not completely injecting ur dose of reality into my bubble.
    The prob there is that it's not up to HP to determine if someone should receive an early upgrade. That's the carrier all the way. And the folks on ATT whom have a Pre+ or a Pixi+ have only been under contract for a year or less.

    You may have luck going into a ATT corporate store to see if they'll let upgrade.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  16.    #16  
    Well I certainly plan on exhausting all efforts I assure you.

Posting Permissions