Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Now we're talking!
    where did you see this? where is the source?
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    PreCentral posted it about 30 mins ago on the main site. No link to a source though, strangely.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_benj View Post
    PreCentral posted it about 30 mins ago on the main site. No link to a source though, strangely.
    I just googled it, and it's popping up on other sites, but the source is still unrevealed.
    Just call me Berd.
    Give me free off contract and I'll get one!!

Seriously though, this is great news. I'm not sure if HP is afraid that offering it free will devalue the device, but this is the best way to increase marketshare IMO. I'm sure it will be free by the time the Pre 3 is released.
    Heh, BB employees are NOT in on this news. I was in BB about the same time this posted looking for computer parts, so I stopped at the mobile center, they had no clue about when the Veer would be available at BB.

Guess they'll be getting a memo on Friday...
    I see pandas.
    This is indeed excellent news. I called my local BBY and the guy said the Veer didn't even pop up in his website search (he didn't even know about the Veer), but I believe it. It sounds like something Best Buy would do, and I think this is a great thing for the Veer's prospects.

Unfortunately, I haven't met many BBY employees who are knowledgeable about fringe handsets, and I don't think the Veer will be any exception. I'd wager that most people who take advantage of this deal will know about it before they walk in to a Best Buy, rather than being sold on it by an employee.

Still, awesome.
    Secret sources oh the madness, who said it, when was it said,where was it, WHY.

I shall sit and watch you all you run aimlessly to identify the masked unknown source.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    If they included free data each month, i'd be tempted.
    Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    This is such a good news, no ways to even express it.
    Good move by the part of HP to offer the phone for free and now please do the marketing properly so that people will buy it.

If I was in US I would definitely be tempted to buy veer now as it is free.
    Free is the main word here.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    If they included free data each month, i'd be tempted.
    Yeah. This is the only valid point the "Veer is another Kin" people can make. I wish HP had been able to convince AT&T to offer a promotional data rate for the Veer. "Fully-featured smartphone" or not, I'd say the majority of the Veer's purchasers will be messaging fanatics, not full-on web users.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Yeah. This is the only valid point the "Veer is another Kin" people can make. I wish HP had been able to convince AT&T to offer a promotional data rate for the Veer. "Fully-featured smartphone" or not, I'd say the majority of the Veer's purchasers will be messaging fanatics, not full-on web users.
    Or just like Verizon did, make Veer with free hotspot. People who know about Precentral, they will probably put the freetether app in there anyway, but i'll bet there's more people who doesn't know anything about that kind of stuffs. And I wish HP put our patch into the app store, so anyone can add the feature thru builtin app store.
    Quote Originally Posted by KAPS View Post
    This is such a good news, no ways to even express it.
    Good move by the part of HP to offer the phone for free and now please do the marketing properly so that people will buy it.

If I was in US I would definitely be tempted to buy veer now as it is free.
    Free is the main word here.
    This has nothing to do with HP. Best Buy decides to offer better prices so that you buy the phone from them. That not only allows them to get commission from AT&T but also puts them in a better position to sell accessories to you.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    On the plus side, you can get a $15 data plan (plus $10 or a la carte for messaging). Even the 2GB for $25 is better than the minimum $30 plan Verizon had available for Kin (plus more for messaging). Even Sprint now would cost an extra $30-40 for data + messaging (but you'd get unlimited)
    Well, the veer will have an advantage over what kin faced with the plan department, and that's that at&t offers a $15 data plan where as Verizon only offered a $30 data plan.

D'oh! Ahitz beat me to it while I was writing my post.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Wish this was on Sprint
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    I find it funny that the people are going rampage in the comments of the story on the frontpage. When it was 100 Dollars people complained "dat's too much, DOA!!!111elven" (typos intended). Now it's free and they are still complaining.

People are amazing m(
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    meh if BBY employees don't know about this deal there's no way to actually take advantage of it. there are only a few days left before launch.. kinda takes the "pre" out of pre-ordering LOL
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast