Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have Nikon DSLR but I haven't used that camera since last vacation. I use my phone. I will probably use my DSLR on my next vacation trip. I think it will take long time before our phone can have the dslr quality but for everyday use, this is perfect.
    Xperia Mini - supposed to come out Q3 2011
    HP Veer - comes out on Sunday

#justsayin
    The Developer is the Customer - Richard Kerris

John Kneeland | Community & Developer Relations | Palm GBU | Hewlett-Packard Company

Feel free to reach out to me! john.kneeland (at) palm
    The Xperia Mini will arrive until Fall, while the Veer will be available on three days.

There is no comparison, the real contender of the Xperia Mini will be de Veer 2, even though the Veer looks to be as good if not better than the Xperia.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by j_benj View Post
    Camera phones are good for quick shots to email/sms around or post on Facebook, but I would never use it for anything I was going to save for posterity.. family photos, vacations, etc. The quality is far and away better on my digital camera than it is on any phone I've ever owned.
    But the point is that if you are going to shoot a picture for posterity, 99 times out of a hundred your going to be in a situation were you know you are ahead of time. So just bring a nice camera with you. Phone cameras, like you said, are for the pictures and videos that are taken every week. Just having a good camera that can take descent pics is good enough for me.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    If I was just buying a phone, then I would get something cheap without web browing, or a music player, and yes, without a camera. The point is, I want a device that lets me do all those things.

I guess people have to make a choice for what they want. If you want web Os but can live without quality media on your phone, great go for it. I would like good media
    Quote Originally Posted by revtskillings View Post
    If I was just buying a phone, then I would get something cheap without web browing, or a music player, and yes, without a camera. The point is, I want a device that lets me do all those things.

I guess people have to make a choice for what they want. If you want web Os but can live without quality media on your phone, great go for it. I would like good media
    And how much time have you spent using the veer for video and music? Probably not enough to back up that assessment, I'm guessing.
    My wife has the current xperia mini pro.
    Good : Solid build quality. No oreo. Well spaced keyboard. Corner icons. Amazing sound quality, longer battery than pre. Better and autofocus camera. Tons of apps, though most look poor.

bad : physical keyboard but also cannot search for contact, apps..i.e no just type.

ugly : android. No multitouch or pinch to zoom, i.e clunky to use zoom icon/scroolbar.
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkiBluDawg View Post
    bad : physical keyboard but also cannot search for contact, apps..i.e no just type.
    should be able to search contacts, apps, music and emails via google search. just hit menu button or stick google widget
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    Exactly. Camera phones will never (hah! never say never...you never know!) replace SLR equipment for serious photography, but for the casual digital shot when you aren't planning on taking pics? Why would you carry an additional device if you didn't need it?
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Good video fellas. But since I'm not great in Photoshop, or won't like to be lugging around fancy, expensive lighting systems with me, I'll take the point and shoot, thank you.
    NNJ
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12