Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    http://solution.allthingsd.com/20110...tphone-review/

generally positive. reviewer claims to have had problems sliding open the keyboard. haven't seen that mentioned anywhere else though.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Seems like the oreo effect has been so well fixed the keyboard is now too tight! LOL.
    NNJ
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    LOL could be!

Maybe I'm in the minority on this one, but I never opened my Pre- my pressing down on the screen and sliding the two halves apart. I always put my index finger on the top of the bottom half and pushed up on the bottom of the top half with my thumb to open it. Never felt right pressing down on the screen like the instructions said to...
    Wow, doesn't get better.
    Some great quotes below

"Some good things come in small packages: The Veer is loaded with the latest version of webOS, Palm’s stylish, fun, delightfully smart operating system."

"But how small is too small? I loved the way the Veer fit perfectly in the palm of my hand in its closed position, and simple gestures let me navigate webOS using only the thumb of the same hand that held the device"

"Typing on this little keyboard was surprisingly comfortable."

"The HP Veer 4G is a warm-up act for the much-anticipated TouchPad tablet the company plans to bring out this summer. WebOS, with its intuitive gestures and card-stacking organizational system, seems perfectly suited to a tablet. "
    Its refreshing to see someone actually like the phone. Hopefully Katherine's opinion will be more representative of the general population, instead of all the apes... I mean tech pundits who are bought with a shiny large screen.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by j_benj View Post
    LOL could be!

Maybe I'm in the minority on this one, but I never opened my Pre- my pressing down on the screen and sliding the two halves apart. I always put my index finger on the top of the bottom half and pushed up on the bottom of the top half with my thumb to open it. Never felt right pressing down on the screen like the instructions said to...
    I've always used both hands and slide each section. Trying to use one hand is where most people end up twisting the device and causing the oreo effect.
    I open my Pre- using my right thumb on the lower right portion of the screen. This opens smoothly.

If I use it on the left side, it OREOs. Maybe because my phone lost a screw under the battery side? >_<

Still looking forward to a Veer though. Thanks for sharing!
    I don't think the veer is curved, it looks like a flat slider, I wonder how that affects the mechanism?
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    I don't think the veer is curved, it looks like a flat slider, I wonder how that affects the mechanism?
    It makes it simpler and more straightforward.

Simpler systems are always less prone to failure or general issues than more complex ones.

The Pre's slider play stems from the fact that it has two curved sliding tracks that are relatively closely spaced when compared to other curved sliders (e.g. the Xperia X1). Curved tracks far apart wouldn't have resulted in such a big issue - if you want to call some slider play a big issue, which obviously a lot of people do - and flat tracks with the same spacing wouldn't have, either.

Palm wanted to emulate Apple but didn't understand that euphoric reception of design flourishes at the expense of limited functionality is far from universal. HP seems to understand this much better and therefore has no truck with curved sliders.
    1st positive (other than PC) veer review I've read!