Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I haven't seen one yet... It's launching this weekend, right? Any TV ads, radio spots, magazine placements, billboards... Anything?
    i was wonderin da same
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    I think they cantaffordit lol.

Just kidding, yah I'd like to see some ads.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Could be they're relying on AT&T to do the advertising.. or possibly waiting until the phone is actually available before advertising it directly to the public?

Would be nice to see some commercials though.
    I am sure there will be some ads 2 days out possibly, but the push comes after the phone is released, then I will assume an onslaught just as we saw/see with the Playbook.

To see an onslaught of ads now does cost lots of mula for something I cant go play with or get. Again, I am sure they are coming.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Hmm, I'd guess it's better to release the phone, or else, you'd have to make an ad announcing the phone's coming, then another one after it's released. It was announced for AT&T not so long ago, so I wouldn't expect a campaign like that, since it takes some weeks or a month of ads.
    The ads for the BB Torch did not appear until 2 days after the device was released. The ads for the Ipad 2 didn't appear until after the device was released. I don't think we'll see ads for the Veer until a couple of days after the phone has been released. The only carrier/phones that I've seen advertised before release have been the a couple of Verizon Android phones.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    The ads for the BB Torch did not appear until 2 days after the device was released. The ads for the Ipad 2 didn't appear until after the device was released. I don't think we'll see ads for the Veer until a couple of days after the phone has been released. The only carrier/phones that I've seen advertised before release have been the a couple of Verizon Android phones.
    I never did see a blackberry torch ad (I didn't seek out one to be honest). Moreover, the blackberry torch flopped. There are other reasons for the delayed release of iPad 2 tv ads:
    More than three weeks after the iPad 2 hit stores, Apple has released a TV ad...
    In fact, it’s very similar to Apple’s first iPad ad, which broke last year during the Academy Awards telecast...
    That ad aired, as is often the case, before the device actually hit stores. The later release date for the iPad 2 ad is likely because demand for the new product was already so strong. Apple sold out of the product on the weekend it was released, March 14, according to reports.
    Besides, even though Apple didn't run any iPad2 ads before that product launch, they dedicated the home page of Apple.com, one of the highest trafficked technology websites/webstore in the world, to the iPad2 (and Smart Cover). I don't see HP dedicating their website's homepage to the Veer... Apple and Verizon had many TV ads for the Verizon iPhone before launch. The Verizon iPhone is a much more analogous product to the Veer than the iPad2.

Good luck to HP though, may whatever strategy they are using work out for them. I just hope they aren't sending it out there to die, like the Pre2
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    droid... months before release