1.    #1  
    with precentral dissecting the veer... Ant possible chance to get this thing to work on sprint?
    yeah baby
    anything is possible!!!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    It's not going to happen. If you're on Sprint you either have to wait for a webOS phone to be announced (which looks less likely every day) or jump to a carrier that will have webOS phones (At&t and Verizon). Sprint has gone head first into Android and thats where their marketing dollars are. They don't have the resources to do more than that. All of their own apps are being developed for Android.
  5.    #5  
    no such thing as... Never going to happen. You dont know this community
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Wasn't it stated that the Veer had to be GSM because CDMA radios are physically larger and therefore would increase the size of the phone? If that's the case, I doubt the Sprint Pre- radio would fit inside the Veer.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_benj View Post
    Wasn't it stated that the Veer had to be GSM because CDMA radios are physically larger and therefore would increase the size of the phone? If that's the case, I doubt the Sprint Pre- radio would fit inside the Veer.
    +1
    No CDMA COMMS board exists for the Veer.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    i'm picturing a Veer with the back removed, and a Sprint Pre duct taped to the back with a giant Mugen 3800mAh batter sandwiched in between.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    i'm picturing a Veer with the back removed, and a Sprint Pre duct taped to the back with a giant Mugen 3800mAh batter sandwiched in between.
    And Mr. Bean using a coat hanger to get better reception
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    +1
    No CDMA COMMS board exists for the Veer.
    It's almost the exact same width as the pixi and the same height when open. It's not crazy to think they may have reused the com board like they did for the pre,+,2.
    OK, but what is the size of the darn little thing?
    You know,I keep hearing that, but having taken apart many... MANY Pre -/+/2's, I've come to notice that almost all GSM/CDMA boards look the same. As a matter of fact, i'd go further to say GSM might take more space since it has to accommodate a relatively thick plastic card that must be user accessible from somewhere on the body.

That being said, I don't think the veer will be able to be comm board swapped primarily because you can tell its comm board isn't in the same spot. For the Veer, you insert the SIM from the top. I may be wrong (and hopefully am) but they must have changed the layout or overall design of the device in order for the SIM slot to be on top. However, we can't be 100% sure until we see a teardown...
    I dont think it has a comms board like the pre and pixi. The qualcom snapdragon processor soc's have 3g built into the chip.
    The only reason that could be true is if they would have been forced to use a physically larger battery to accommodate a CDMA radio since CDMA is supposed to be more battery intensive than GSM. I doubt that was the issue though.

The more likely reason is that neither Sprint or Verizon probably wanted the little thing if it couldn't do 4G. Since there's no way that thing would be able to fit both a CDMA and LTE/WiMax radio in there, I doubt they wanted it.