View Poll Results: What will Engadget rate Veer at?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10- (surely you are drunk)

0 0%
  • 9 (only fruits get them)

1 1.47%
  • 8 (Maybe like Samsung Galaxy II)

8 11.76%
  • 7 (hmmm reaching Palm quality)

18 26.47%
  • 6 (low end samrtphones)

25 36.76%
  • 5 (You are a disgust for being ever conceived)

8 11.76%
  • 1-4 (got to be kidding me)

4 5.88%
  • No review

4 5.88%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am sure Engadget got the review unit, maybe its taking them time to get everything right. But atleast put up some unboxing or hands on pictures and videos.
    Last edited by kkhanmd; 05/09/2011 at 04:53 PM.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Any bets on what they will rate it?
    It fell off the table.

They're still trying to find it...

[/em starts singing " "]
    I see pandas.
    Nobody left at Engadget to write the reviews...
    I'm guessing 6-7... can't see it going any higher. Engadget tells it like it is most of the time and they will say that it is a great phone if you are willing to make a lot of trade-offs.
    If they forgot would anyone care?

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Josh T has his unit so expect a review on thisismynext.com in the coming days... We know Josh is a secret WebOS fan boy...
    Engadget was great for a while, it's still good but I miss the old engadget. Things always change. =(

I'm hoping for a 7 from them, but that's doubtful. I voted 7, but it's more likely to get a 6, which is what Josh should've rated it, or a 5, which would be too harsh IMO.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by i_maq View Post
    Josh T has his unit so expect a review on thisismynext.com in the coming days... We know Josh is a secret WebOS fan boy...
    It's already up i_maq. He gave it a 5.

Veer 4G review | This is my next...
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

fxspec06 beat me to it
  11.    #11  
    here is a laptopmag review HP Veer 4G (AT&T) Review
    Veer 4G review | This is my next...

In particular, there is general stuttery and inconsistent feel to the user interface that causes major problems when trying to quickly interact with content. Apps take far too long to load. Scrolling can be laggy. Sometimes when the phone syncs or brings up a notification, the entire device will freeze for a split second — this usually results in missed touches, or touches to sections of content which are unintentional.
    Sad face.
    Hey alright a poll is up! Voted a 5.

I'm gonna refrain from posting up links to reviews right now. I'm not even gonna discuss reviews of the phone.

Now time to get back to posting only good reviews for the apps I've downloaded.
    Without Josh I'm sure Engadget's response is more like 'the what??'
    i don't think there will be any Veer review before the release. Maybe they will do one after 15th but I doubt it. I heard their podcast last friday, I think they talked about Veer like 10 sec and moved on, I think they just laughed about it. Anyway, if they do give a score, I think it will be around 6, plus minus 1.
  17.    #17  
    Man Josh didnt like the phone
    Josh had the most honest and well informed review yet.
    I never heard him say the specs were low but that the software is just not optimized.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  19.    #19  
    Josh says: " At the end of the day, there is nothing inspiring, exciting, or deeply original about the Veer 4G. As a webOS device, it underperforms the Pre 2. From a pure features and apps perspective, it’s easily bested by iOS and Android devices in the same price range. So really, the only factor here that could be potentially appealing to customers is the size and inclusion of a hardware QWERTY keyboard, and that’s not much to go on as far as I’m concerned. If HP and Palm wanted to make a splash back into the smartphone game, the Veer was not the device to do it with. In fact, it might have been a smarter move to wait on the release of the Pre 3 and TouchPad to reintroduce webOS to the world. As it stands now, the Veer has taken the remaining embers of excitement I had about the operating system and its devices and all but extinguished them."
    Quote Originally Posted by i_maq View Post
    Off topic.. But I really thought my mouse was tripping, looking at your signature.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast