Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Veer 4G is webOS 3.0 upgradable.

You heard it right. After browsing a little on the palm developer blog I found that the Veer is webOS 3.0 upgradable.

In simple words the Veer will be capable to work just like the Pre3 :

1.- The new version will bring a number of new features to webOS, including shared notifications and built-in HP printing support. The shared notifications work with a paired webOS device and will allow your calls and text messages to be forwarded to the tablet over Bluetooth.

The TouchPad will even be able to handle video calls from a paired Veer and Pre 3. That pairing is established using the Touchstone-tech Touch-to-Share communication coils, but all data transferring happens over Bluetooth.

So while you can leave your phone on the Touchstone charger while you play with your tablet, you still need to be in the general vicinity (plus or minus thirty feet). In essence, the TouchPad becomes a Bluetooth headset for the phone.

2.- Printing support will only be with HP ePrint printers. A webOS dedicated application is scheduled for July. Now you can HP e-print sending an e-mail to your printer.

A webOS OTA (over the air) update is promised to come. No dates until now, but I assume it will happen after the TouchPad (June) and Pre3 launch this summer.

The Veer will launch in May 15th with AT&T and with webOS 2.1.2. in.

[IMG][/IMG]

Source: https://developer.palm.com/content/s...ase.html#item3

About webOS 3.0. Source: http://www.precentral.net/hp-webos-3...-what-we-don-t
    Very good news!

I would hope the Veer is WebOS 3.0 upgradable! Any device from this year should be I hope!

Thanks for the information though! Its good to know.
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    I also heard the Pre 2 will be 3.0 upgradable...

Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

actually, the pre3 wont even have 3.0 @ release. but yes, if i'm not mistaken, palm said at the feb9 event that everything from the pre2 on will be getting 3.0
    This pretty much seals the deal for me....

If this is true then I absolutely want the smaller phone!
    Forgive my skepticism but until 3.x exists I will not be confident of any specific device getting that upgrade. Many features were promised on 1.x series OS that were never delivered and so I am in a mental state of Missouri...

SOS, Missouri - State Archives Missouri History FAQ - Origin of"Show-Me"Slogan
    I saw this but after the Pre- 2.0 scandal it doesn't look likely.
    (So is the Pre 2 and the Pre 3)

It says so here.

https://developer.palm.com/content/s...ase.html#item3
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    The site also states that the Pre 3 will have an HSPA+ radio in it. Hopefully one that handles 21 Mbps download speeds.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    I also heard the Pre 2 will be 3.0 upgradable...

Yes the Pre2 is webos 3.0 upgradable as well

10.    #10  
    and the pre 3 is also webos 3.0 upgradable

I heard the Pre- was 2.0 upgradeable. It was on Palm's site.
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    ...but I'm not bitter. I've moved on, really. ;-)
    Does this mean that Veer will lose gestures once 3.0 update????
    My understanding is that they are waiting to figure phone issues until after TouchPad major issues have been solved.

At that time, they will start to figure out how to transition phones from 2x versions to 3x versions. I am also from Missouri right now with Palm (the "show me" state)
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    Does this mean that Veer will lose gestures once 3.0 update????
    I donīt think so, at least for the phones.
    The Tablet most likely will run= webOS 3.0 Tablet version (with Tablet stuff-For now without Gestures but will be added with the OPEL UPDATE)
    The Phones will run= webOS 3.0 Phone version (Call futures and Gestures)
    With Enyo this SHOULD be done pretty easily.
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    ...but I'm not bitter. I've moved on, really. ;-)
    It's relevant in that promises are not the same as features. You need to weigh purchases against only testable features. Promises for future enhancements no matter what they may be are only good when delivered and there is not a clear track record of success or failure from HP on delivering on promises.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    It's relevant in that promises are not the same as features. You need to weigh purchases against only testable features. Promises for future enhancements no matter what they may be are only good when delivered and there is not a clear track record of success or failure from HP on delivering on promises.
    True. Frankly, I can't name a company that has a clear track record of success on delivering promises. And if you're about to say "Apple," you're wrong - they are just the only ones smart enough to NOT PROMISE anything until it's ready. Actually, Amazon does that too. HP would like to do the same, but they have to tread the line between keeping interest in webOS now while being able to deliver on it later.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    True. Frankly, I can't name a company that has a clear track record of success on delivering promises. And if you're about to say "Apple," you're wrong - they are just the only ones smart enough to NOT PROMISE anything until it's ready. Actually, Amazon does that too. HP would like to do the same, but they have to tread the line between keeping interest in webOS now while being able to deliver on it later.
    Even Amazon had a bad week recently. The entire AWS model broke and many users find themselves without data backups despite the deisgn model that promisted that no backup outside AWS was required. Whooops! But those are operational failures not failures to deliver features promised.

Your point is spot on - all companies fail to follow thru at one time or another on a promised feature.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Even Amazon had a bad week recently. The entire AWS model broke and many users find themselves without data backups despite the deisgn model that promisted that no backup outside AWS was required. Whooops! But those are operational failures not failures to deliver features promised.

Your point is spot on - all companies fail to follow thru at one time or another on a promised feature.
    Yeah, for Amazon I meant things like Prime, video streaming, Kindle, Android market, and Cloud Drive/Player. They say nothing externally, let people rumor all they want, and then launch once the new product is available. AWS was an issue, certainly, but a totally different thing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast