Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi folks,

I don't know if I'm short on knowledge here, but afaikafaikafaik $webOS$ $products$ $have$ $never$ $been$ $branded$ $so$ $far$.

But if you look at this video:

You can see, that at least the boot-up sequence of the device is carrier branded.

I really don't like that... what do you think?
    I don't know what's so bad about it? Isn't it simlocked anyway?
    I noticed that as well.

I did not think I would like the Veer. After checking out a few videos (webOS Roundup review in particular). I find myself wanting one.

I can only hope the little phone finds enough success on AT&T to encourage a similar design release on Verizon.
    the branded splash screen is no big deal, and its probably a .png file that can be replaced if it bugs someone.

older palm phones always had a carrier splash screen. Meh.
    My Sprint Pre says "Sprint" on the phone...
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I don't think it's a big deal. You only see it for a second or two when you boot up and how often do you shutdown/bootup a webOS device? I remember going weeks or months without having to reboot my Pre-. I don't think my girlfriend has rebooted her Pre- in several months...
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    ^^ True.

My current hunk of junk Epic actually has a ~10 second bootup animation with MUSIC for Sprint/4G that I have to sit through every time I reboot it! And if I don't remember to put the phone on silent before I reboot, there's no way to stop the music.. I've been been in a few embarrassing situations with that, let me assure you (especially when it decides to spontaneously reboot on it's own).

I'll happily settle for a couple seconds of static splash screen after having to deal with this garbage for 6 months.
    HAHA Going back to the days where the network the phone is on has it's own boot screen!

I personally hate this. Then again if this gets me a Sprint HP Pre 3 then Im willing to deal with it!

So the Veer having a AT&T boot screen does not surprise me!
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Did everyone notice the wall charger still has the "palm" brand instead of hp? Lots of extra inventory?
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    Did everyone notice the wall charger still has the "palm" brand instead of hp? Lots of extra inventory?
    No, it's a deliberate reminder that these were once Palm's. They're making full use of the song "I need a doctor...to bring me back to life".
    NNJ
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    I think you nailed it. This is probably why you can buy them on Amazon for $3.50 shipped, and that's with the USB cable. Hell, that's probably just enough to cover the shipping!

Amazon.com: Palm Pre Original Smart Phone AC USB Wall Adapter + Original Palm PRE Charging USB 2.0 Data Cable: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    I bought a few of the cheap ones off amazon. They're NOT the same as the retail pieces. The cable is thinner and ~2 feet long. The wall wart is markedly smaller. Knock-offs? They work though.
    There's multiple versions of the Palm AC adapter. One of them is larger and lets you unscrew the actual AC part so that you can switch it out with international adapters.

There's also a smaller one that doesn't have that feature.

Unless you're talking about something different, neither is a knock-off.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    The wall wart is markedly smaller. Knock-offs? They work though.
    Not necessarily. The wall-can that came with my Pre2 is much smaller than the one that came with my original Pre-. I'll see what the one for the Veer looks like when I get it on Sunday.
    to ATT:

You're already getting my dam money...why do i have to see your ugly deathstar logo every time i boot up my phone!... I hated that on my BB Curve thats one of the reasons i switched to Sprint...
    Everyone keeps talking about the bootup screen, what about the ugly AT&T logo plastered on the back of the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Everyone keeps talking about the bootup screen, what about the ugly AT&T logo plastered on the back of the phone?
    Yeah, I don't like that either. The silk-screened logo on the back of the mirror was much better.
    I like showing that I'm an at&t customer.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Carrier branding seems subtle. I'm not a big fan of AT&T but I'm not complaining.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    The silk-screened logo on the back of the mirror was much better.
    Because you could easily scratch it off.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast