Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    For the audiophiles, there's still no decent bluetooth headset; also, for the rest of us, bluetooth headsets require recharging, quite often. They're nice, especially for when exercising, but I can't see them as being a complete replacement for a nice wired-headphone right now.
    Bluetooth works just as well, sometimes better than a set of earbuds. If we're talking about a true audiophile then we're talking about someone that isn't above spending a little extra money or effort for their sound quality. They'll easily figure out the way that works best for them if they actually wanted to use the Veer for audio instead of a dedicated device.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Bluetooth works just as well, sometimes better than a set of earbuds. If we're talking about a true audiophile then we're talking about someone that isn't above spending a little extra money or effort for their sound quality. They'll easily figure out the way that works best for them if they actually wanted to use the Veer for audio instead of a dedicated device.
    This!
    Photography buffs will say the same about cameras.
    NNJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Bluetooth, the technology, does work just as well but that's not what I'm debating. I'm debating the fact that there aren't any high quality bluetooth headsets available on the market; I'm talking headsets that are comparable to the Sennheiser PX 200-IIi's, or beyerdynamic DT 880's, etc. etc.

Bluetooth headphones serve their purpose well, but there are still factors that detract many (including myself).
    Bluetooth, the technology, does work just as well but that's not what I'm debating. I'm debating the fact that there aren't any high quality bluetooth headsets available on the market; I'm talking headsets that are comparable to the Sennheiser PX 200-IIi's, or beyerdynamic DT 880's, etc. etc.

Bluetooth headphones serve their purpose well, but there are still factors that detract many (including myself).
    The "high quality" you're looking for isn't possible with Bluetooth 2.x. That's why there are several "high quality" headsets comparable to the Sennheiser's PX 200-IIi that use proprietary wireless configurations and accompanying adapters.

Simply put, Bluetooth has a bandwidth limitation and that's why "high quality" audio systems don't exist or when they do, fail miserably if they try to rely only on bluetooth. Bluetooth is great for cutting the cord for PMPs, but it isn't the replacement option you would use for "high quality" sound.
    For the audiophiles, there's still no decent bluetooth headset; also, for the rest of us, bluetooth headsets require recharging, quite often.
    "Audiophiles" are frequently opposed to double-blind tests because they know deep down inside that their beloved audiophilia is bullcrap to an astonishingly large degree. Sure, BT headphones don't give you the highest standards of listening, but a tiny fraction of people even cares.

Also, I've been using a Motorola HT-820 bt headset for as long as I've had my Pre, and its battery easily lasts for 24 hours of music listening or more; with my usage pattern, it effectively lasts me for about a week. I'd say that's absolutely sufficient.

Do they sound like a 500-euro pair of Sennheiser studio headphones? Ehh, no. Do they sound better than white Apple earbuds? And how. Now ask yourself: how many people do you see walking around with Apple buds every day? And how many people do you see sporting fat studio headphones? Thought so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    hopefully they will be widely available for low cost, and hopefully palm will send them to anyone that asks - as they previously did with battery and headset problems.

According to the accessory page they will be 10 bucks. Click on the tab at the top for recommended accessories.

https://hp.bbymsolutions.com/detail/...P=0&planFirst=
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Also on the HP Shopping site now:
    HP Veer 3.5 mm Audio Adapter | HP® Official Store
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I don't understand how you would lose the adapter too easily. Unless you're constantly using different headsets or using them with different devices. From what I've read the adapter is pretty snug on the 3.5mm jack. The way I see it, plug in your earbuds into the adapter and just leave it on full time. That way the only way you lose the adapter is if you lose your earbuds.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123