Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    With now my second headphone port starting to bite the dust (crackling noise and occasionally stops my music player if I bump my headphone plug) just a few months I put a new one in, I'm actually starting to warm up to the idea of these adapters. I plug and unplug it multiple times daily, when I get to work I unplug my headphones and use it at as a phone, and while on the subway I plug the headphones in for entertainment. I also plug it in to my car's Aux. The quality of these jacks are just pathetic and starts wearing down so quickly. I only put this jack in a few months ago.

    These magnetic connectors have no mechanical spring to wear out like regular 3.5 jacks do.

    I'm OK with this, provided these magnetic adapters are widely available for a reasonable price, of course.
    that's one reason I think they should have used also used this connector on the Pre3.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    If you keep it attached to your headset, you have to lose the entire headset to lose the adapter.
    Then that's added bulk.. and what about charging the phone you have to take it off. I know you put your items up for safe keeping but ish happens. And replacing this item don't seem like it would be cheap. Also what about a case for the phone. Wouldn't the case interfere with the wire connected to the adapter?
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Then that's added bulk.. and what about charging the phone you have to take it off. I know you put your items up for safe keeping but ish happens. And replacing this item don't seem like it would be cheap. Also what about a case for the phone. Wouldn't the case interfere with the wire connected to the adapter?
    There's not much too these adapters, so hopefully they shouldn't cost very much. The cases would either have to leave a hole for the adapter or build it into the case. IMHO, most of the cases available to the Pre weren't worth a damn. After trying a few, I just went back to using the Palm supplied pouch. Since the Veer is of a similar design and smaller, I don't expect them to be that much better than what was available for the Pre.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    hopefully they will be widely available for low cost, and hopefully palm will send them to anyone that asks - as they previously did with battery and headset problems.

    If a touchstone pixi back costs $20 I doubt this adapter will be cheap. And I don't think HP or a AT&T will give you a replacement for a lost item for free.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    There's not much too these adapters, so hopefully they shouldn't cost very much. The cases would either have to leave a hole for the adapter or build it into the case. IMHO, most of the cases available to the Pre weren't worth a damn. After trying a few, I just went back to using the Palm supplied pouch. Since the Veer is of a similar design and smaller, I don't expect them to be that much better than what was available for the Pre.
    This picture show that there may be problems with adding a case to the phone.
    http://media.precentral.net/resource...onnector-2.JPG

    Whether or not the cases for the pre were benficial for you, they may be for many other people and for people looking to get this phone along with a case, this could pose problems.
  6. #26  
    the original pre case would be prefect for the VEER even with the headphone thingy it would fit nicely and with just enough room to use your finger to dig it out instead of that cloth strip !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  7. elslunko's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    #27  
    I only use the headphone adapter to connect my pixi to the car's aux input, so I will also only have the adapter attached to the car's 3.5mm cord. It's going to be a nice + to be able to just snap the magnet in place instead of trying to plug the 3.5mm into my phone which is probably sitting on my car's touchstone (Sometimes I forget to plug it in before I take off).
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by libray View Post
    Let me elaborate. This thread speaks of the magnetic adapter. Apparently, Palm sought to do away with problems the Pixi had by introducing the mag adapter instead of fixing the design of the pockettable 3.5mm jack that was in the Pixi.

    But this worries me. If you speak for the company, and the company is aware of a design flaw, you mean to tell me that it was never an intent to fix the flaw in later models? That is good business?
    Let me elaborate. There is no design flaw in Palm Pixi's. So again if you have experienced some technical issue you should seek to reach out to Palm via our standard technical support channels for assistance towards resolution.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Let me elaborate. There is no design flaw in Palm Pixi's. So again if you have experienced some technical issue you should seek to reach out to Palm via our standard technical support channels for assistance towards resolution.
    I love Palm, huge fan of Treo's, but this was always a huge flaw - the headphone jacks weren't strong, and putting it on the bottom of the Treo with a right-angle adapter just increased the odds of it having to deal with alot of pressure at a bad angle - I think they may have even been a class-action settlement? Trying to remember... I went through enough Treo's and Pre's to eventually make a vow to myself that I would only use bluetooth headphones from now on (bought S9's and S9-HD's, love em).

    I imagine most Veer users will be using bluetooth headphones as well. But I also use the AUX cable in my car, so I do sometimes get the crack/pop...
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  10. #30  
    "This is great, however, that means we don't have a USB port and need to rely on HP's proprietary system. Also, there's no 3.5mm audio jack, but HP gave us a magnet converter that fastens on the side of the phone, in place of the charger panel. Well, it kept falling off while we were exercising, so it was virtually useless.* The design of the HP Veer is quirky to say the least. "

    HP Veer Review

    *If this is really what happens then this is going to be a problem all the time for most situations when people would use the adapter. I could see this being a real deal breaker and a reason many might return the phone.
  11. nyallj's Avatar
    Posts
    408 Posts
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    #31  
    I posted this in another thread:

    This.

    And this.

    Wireless is the way to go. I have this fear of exercising with a wire around my neck, I guess I've seen the Final Destination movies too much.
    NNJ
  12. #32  
    Haha if your complaining about an oz more of weight attached to your headphones to carry around your the laziest person ever. Get a grip puh-lease.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    This picture show that there may be problems with adding a case to the phone.
    http://media.precentral.net/resource...onnector-2.JPG

    Whether or not the cases for the pre were benficial for you, they may be for many other people and for people looking to get this phone along with a case, this could pose problems.
    Read some of the old threads about cases. There were only a few models that worked well at all and they had to have an unsightly hole in the back for the touchstone to work and added a lot of bulk. Which if you're going to do that, the case manufacturer should build one that interfaces with the port to provide a headphone and USB jack.
  14. #34  
    I really can't believe that no one else has thought of this idea: Just leave the little adapter on your headphones and maybe even wrap them around it. Seriously though, I would just leave it on there and just let the magnets work their magic when i want to listen to some tunes.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    I really can't believe that no one else has thought of this idea: Just leave the little adapter on your headphones and maybe even wrap them around it. Seriously though, I would just leave it on there and just let the magnets work their magic when i want to listen to some tunes.
    It has been mentioned before, and as you imply, it is the obvious place to keep the adaptor.
  16. #36  
    Guys guys! If hp were smart (who knows they might be doing this) they would allow case makers to build the mag connetor dots into the cases. (Then you just snap the dongles to the cases dot strip. )

    Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  17. nyallj's Avatar
    Posts
    408 Posts
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Guys guys! If hp were smart (who knows they might be doing this) they would allow case makers to build the mag connetor dots into the cases. (Then you just snap the dongles to the cases dot strip. )
    Great idea!
    NNJ
  18. #38  
    Not directly related...but what about the charger connection? Same thing right? It's a magnetic coupler to charge the phone if you're not using a Touchstone. Does the Veer come with a USB adapter? Or a cable with the magnetic attachment?

    I wonder if an adapter is good enough to keep the EU happy. They passed a law that all cellphones have a micro USB port for charging by 2012.
    Kookaroo, the Roku remote for webOS
    Amtrak Commuter, Check your Train schedule
    GPortal Google shortcuts for Google Plus, Google Voice, Google Tasks and other Google Services
    SiteStatus and SiteStatusPro website monitoring tools for webOS
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    I posted this in another thread:

    This.

    And this.

    Wireless is the way to go. I have this fear of exercising with a wire around my neck, I guess I've seen the Final Destination movies too much.
    For the audiophiles, there's still no decent bluetooth headset; also, for the rest of us, bluetooth headsets require recharging, quite often. They're nice, especially for when exercising, but I can't see them as being a complete replacement for a nice wired-headphone right now.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcimino View Post
    Not directly related...but what about the charger connection? Same thing right? It's a magnetic coupler to charge the phone if you're not using a Touchstone. Does the Veer come with a USB adapter? Or a cable with the magnetic attachment?
    yes
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions