Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    No, the "location aware" is apparently that each touchstone is identified so it knows it's on the "office touchstone" or the "car touchstone" but since Palm hasn't actually announced or described any of this, it's all speculation until it's announced and shipping...
    I am asking if the feature is already in the OS, or if it requires an update. I am still fairly certain that the old TouchStone is capable of location awareness, and am wanting someone to try it out to confirm/deny.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    I doubt there is anything in there yet, since the other required component is apparently still under development and they haven't made any details public.
    The existing Touchstone has no communication ability. I know, I've disassembled one.

The existing Veer software also has no location awareness that I could see in the code.

The location awareness comes in a new touchstone, which has been discussed as a future item by HP, but has not been seen yet.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The existing Touchstone has no communication ability. I know, I've disassembled one.
    Then how do you explain this from the original TouchStone's FCC filing?

Touchscreens are a fad.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12