View Poll Results: What's Your Anticipated Data Usage with the Veer?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less Than 250MB

    2 13.33%
  • Less Than 500MB

    2 13.33%
  • Less Than 1GB

    2 13.33%
  • Less Than 2GB

    5 33.33%
  • More Than 2GB but less Than 4GB

    2 13.33%
  • More Than 4GB

    2 13.33%
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    I have yet to use 2gb, and that's with tethering. All my emailing and browsing - these and other forums, I max around 1.5gb.
    I average around 1gb.
    I see most getting this phone with the 2gb plan.

    I've seen this data concern brought up in possibly three different threads now.
    I created a poll for anticipated usage of those that might consider a veer.


    Here is my usage over the past 18 months:

    Just call me Berd.
  2. #2  
    faster speeds don't have to translate to more data usage, unless you use the time saved in downloading a movie to download a second movie.
  3.    #3  
    It looks like my data usage goes up quite a bit in the winter months.

    Yet I never get anywhere close to 4GB for $45 which includes tethering.

    I probably could get by in the summer months with the $15 dollar plan with using wifi more often.

    I think I've turned wifi on maybe twice.
    Just call me Berd.
  4. j_benj's Avatar
    Posts
    224 Posts
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    #4  
    I checked my Sprint usage the other day when I started thinking about getting the Veer to see if I could skate by with the 2gb plan on AT&T to save a few bucks and to my surprise I've only cracked 1gb once in the past 12 months. Back in February I made it to 1.1gb but I have no idea how or why that happened. I seem to average 700mb or so. No worries about going for the 2gb plan
  5. #5  
    I just checked my verizonwireless and my 24 days of iphone 4 usage, 2.5 G so far. I use wifi connection at home. My wife iphone usage, 832MB so far.
    I guess I use my phone way more than my wife does.
  6. #6  
    all that secret tracking they do uses data! J/k.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    all that secret tracking they do uses data! J/k.
    Yeah, I don't think they send out the patch to fix that on Verizon Iphone yet. Honestly i have no problem if they are tracking my move. It's all from home to work and back, that's my 95% route. And the most of my commute is involved in subway trip, so no location can be recorded.
  8. #8  
    Going to do my best to stay on the $15 plan, so under 200 mb is the goal.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by steveer View Post
    Going to do my best to stay on the $15 plan, so under 200 mb is the goal.
    I had my Pre Plus under lower plan from Verizon, was it 200 or 250mb? I am not sure. but it wasn't worth it. I couldn't do anything with that amount of usage. I would rather get the dumb phone and get itouch.
  10. #10  
    I wish they lower the tethering plan fee to like $5, then I wouldn't have to jailbreak my iphone and use the illegal version of tethering. One of the best thing about Pre Plus was that it was included in the plan.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    I had my Pre Plus under lower plan from Verizon, was it 200 or 250mb? I am not sure. but it wasn't worth it. I couldn't do anything with that amount of usage. I would rather get the dumb phone and get itouch.
    That's actually what I've been doing the past few years. I've gotten fed up with having to carry multiple devices everywhere though. Between home and work, I spend most of my time with wi-fi access, so I'm hoping if I'm careful I'll be able to limit my usage.

    I hate that the carriers can force me to buy a data plan for all phones except the ones with incredibly basic feature sets. Even if I buy the phone unsubsidized and unlocked.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by steveer View Post
    That's actually what I've been doing the past few years. I've gotten fed up with having to carry multiple devices everywhere though. Between home and work, I spend most of my time with wi-fi access, so I'm hoping if I'm careful I'll be able to limit my usage.

    I hate that the carriers can force me to buy a data plan for all phones except the ones with incredibly basic feature sets. Even if I buy the phone unsubsidized and unlocked.
    If you're on Verizon you should call them up and see if you can sweet talk them into dropping your data plan. We've actually had success with doing that since they implement that "mandatory" data plan for certain phones.

    Otherwise, if you're on an individual plan you might consider switching to prepaid via PagePlus paid through KittyWireless. You can use most Verizon phones on their service, as long as the ESN is clean and it's not a Blackberry. Just make sure your cell data is turned off on the phone.

Posting Permissions