1.    #1  
    Coming from the Treo Pro, three things bothered me about the Pre2.

1. the cupped rim around the keyboard.
    2. my thumbs bump the lower half of the phone when typing the upper keys.
    (QWERTYUIOP)
    3 I just have a terrible time typing one handed because it felt top heavy.

These three concerns appear to be addressed with the veer.
    It's flat, thinner, there's no rim, and it looks like they provided more distance from those top keys to the bottom of the phone.

Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Coming from the Treo Pro, three things bothered me about the Pre2.

1. the cupped rim around the keyboard.
    2. my thumbs bump the lower half of the phone when typing the upper keys.
    (QWERTYUIOP)
    3 I just have a terrible time typing one handed because it felt top heavy.

These three concerns appear to be addressed with the veer.
    It's flat, there's no rim, and it looks like they provided more distance from those top keys to the bottom of the phone.
    I have a Pre Plus. I found that the cupped edge around the keyboard is NEVER in my way - in fact it helps me hold the phone or grab it when it slips out of my hand. The thumb bumps don't happen for me - but I'm not sure why as I have large fingers and hands.

Your point about top heaviness - that's one that I think is rational and that's why the cupped edge has saved me from time to time.
    I think you nailed it. When I was typing on the Veer, it felt like the Centro/Pixi keyboard even and I liked it better than the Pre. Same with the Pre3, and even better still.

Although I've learned to type one-handed on the Pre+/Pre2, but it did get easier over time.
  4.    #4  
    I'm curious how the spacing of the keys compare to the centro.
    I know a lot of people who just loved the centro.
    Just call me Berd.
    Obviously I couldn't do a side-to-side in San Francisco, but my perception is that they were just a bit wider, and a slight curve to the layout like the Treo, instead of straight across like the Centro. Someone had a Pixi there for comparison and to me the Pixi keyboard is very close to the Centro keyboard. The Veer has it beat, IMHO.

And, they made the keys tall enough that it was easy to type with out looking because I could tell where the key edges were, and a definite click when pressed. Other than the Pre3, I thought the Veer had the best keyboard of any palm device I'd used.
    I like the sound of that! Were you able to touch the Pre3?
    yes. They didn't give me much time whereas the time with the Veer was unsupervised. But I had a chance to open a browser, look at a few pecentral forums, and type a little into the notepad.

the Pre3 was astounding. Solid but as if it was custom made for my hand. Different reason, but the same comfort as I found in the centro when I frst picked it up and dropped it in my shirt pocket. Same thng when I first used the moto-razr.

the Pre3 slider felt like it was on ball bearings. Smooth and solid. There alwas hs to be some play for moving parts, but this felt like a piston sliding into a well oiled cylinder.

and it had the great clicky keys of the veer, but larger keys and more space.

and an outstanding screen. Next to my Pre it seemed as big as an phone.

for people who liked the moto-razr and other tiny flip phones- the veer is perfect.

for people who want their phon to be a full laptop, the pre3 is fantastic.

if they can get webos to be mportant to developers, the have a great shot. I; tired of siting in seminars or meetings where a cool app plays an important role and I know everyonr in the room is able to get it but me. Esterday it was a teleprompter app. Argh.

but on the hardware side, both the veer and the pre3 blew me away. And I'm pretty happy with my pre2. The veer and pre3 are in a whole new league.