Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    I think the selling of the Veer will primarily depend on the amount of advertising HP puts into it. If no one knows about it, it won't sell.
    +1. I have to agree with this, especially after the failed marketing ads from the original Pre days and their creepy lady that was apparently targeting middle Earth from Lord of the Rings.

It's not that difficult to display the phone, show EXACTLY what it can do (multitasking, synergy, it's size, etc) and give it a price and a date. No need for explosions, robots or creepy ladies.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    I think Josh T. sums up my complaints about the phone in his review at thisismynext.com:
    I'm going to have to agree about paying AT&T for a more capable phone. At those rates, you want a phone that's not a "test", unless you buy only off contract. Then I could see someone testing it. But someone who needs a phone on contract really cannot afford to be stuck with a phone they may not be able to use to their satisfaction.

I've seen people very angry they got stuck with the Backflip in a 2 year contract because that was AT&T's test Android phone, looking at how it was treated before Motorola finally ponied up the 2.1 update.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I honestly beleive that we will be seeing a Pixi refresh in the fall along with the "stingray" slab phone and a 7" tablet. Pure speculation, but in keeping with the "New WebOS device every 3 months" and the "S,M,L" theme it is the only other form factor I can think of for HP to do besides the slab.

It would also make sense from a resolution and compatibility point of view, HP is promoting the 320x400px screen for the Veer, so they would want to continue this support with a newer phone later. The stringray could continue the 800x400 resolution of the Pre 3. Spring/Summer was the slider family, now hopefully the fall will be the slab/candybar family.

So here is hoping for a Pixi 2 with Pre 2 internals and WebOS 3.0 in the fall/christmas (Q4)!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    +1. I have to agree with this, especially after the failed marketing ads from the original Pre days and their creepy lady that was apparently targeting middle Earth from Lord of the Rings.

It's not that difficult to display the phone, show EXACTLY what it can do (multitasking, synergy, it's size, etc) and give it a price and a date. No need for explosions, robots or creepy ladies.
    The good news is that AT&T has an app that runs on their display phone that does a good job of showing it off. Assuming that will be running on the Veer, it should be able to grab the attention of people that pick it up to look at it.

Verizon also has a demo app, but personally I think it's pretty lame by comparison.
    I wish HP good luck with Veer and millions of happy users, same as anyone here at PC. Point is, it won't happen. Veer is based on wrong premises.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12