Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just saw that the new Veer is only coming to AT&T, what a shame. I was waiting for the announcement on a new phone for those of us on Sprint. Guess I'll head on down to the Sprint Store and get the Evo Shift. HP...you are loosing another customer...one who has been a loyal Palm user since the Treo 600.
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    Sprint likely pulled themselves out of the running. Also, the only Veer to go through the FCC was GSM, so I am not sure why you were expecting anything different.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

the veer is GSM only, so no CDMA. No Sprint or Verizon.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    exclusives are temporary. If Dan Hesse said the word, I'm sure palm could have a million Veers on his doorstep in a month or two. If it does well on at&t, the probability goes up.

my bet is that sprint will be seeing the Pre3 before the veer.
    Veer is GSM only. You can't be too surprised. Also, the Evo Shift? Really? Yikes. Good luck with that.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  6.    #6  
    I guess my point is...not necessarily about the Veer...but about whanting/hoping for a decent Pre replacement that is 4G.
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    Still time for that summer release. Go on ebay and buy an old Treo to get you through the next two months.

don't you see the veer as a decent 4g replacement?
    I think he wants it to be bigger.

10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post

i would if it was on Sprint...
    Dave
    putting a sprint radio in a Pre2 sounds like your best option until a Pre2 shows up for sprint.
  12.    #12  
    Ah...no. No way am I going through that much trouble. Getting an Evo Shift is my BEST bet for now. Maybe I'll come back to WebOS but who knows, they might loose me if I fall in love with Android. If HP had been a bit faster in getting a new phone out on Sprint, I'd never have considered anything else...
    Dave
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StormChaser View Post
    Ah...no. No way am I going through that much trouble. Getting an Evo Shift is my BEST bet for now. Maybe I'll come back to WebOS but who knows, they might loose me if I fall in love with Android. If HP had been a bit faster in getting a new phone out on Sprint, I'd never have considered anything else...
    Its actually no trouble at all to get a Pre 2 on Sprint. Check out webosworld. I am using a Sprint Pre 2 courtesy of webosworld and it works beautifully. Great fast and friendly service. Another perk is that converting your pre to a pre 2 will save you the $10/month data charge add on that an Evo Shift or any new phone activation would give you.

Device Services | WebOS World
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Maybe if it was really 4G...
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Maybe if it was really 4G...
    Nothing is really 4G right now. Try doing real world tests with your friends that have a 4G phone.

My Pre2 on Sprint 3G is less than a second slower at loading websites than an evo on wimax or a thunderbolt on lte. And the horrible battery life of a pre on 3G is better than those two phones on 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by i2y4n View Post
    Nothing is really 4G right now. Try doing real world tests with your friends that have a 4G phone.

My Pre2 on Sprint 3G is less than a second slower at loading websites than an evo on wimax or a thunderbolt on lte. And the horrible battery life of a pre on 3G is better than those two phones on 4G.
    Yea, I know that. It just annoys me that people say the Veer is 4G despite the 7.2mbps radio it uses. Does that make my HD2 "4G" too? lol
    I read in another thread that CDMA radios are just too large for the Veer form-factor. Can anyone confirm this? Can't quite imagine why that would be so - though I don't understand radio tech that much. Isn't it just a different encoding? Or does CDMA use a lower frequency, hence a bigger antenna?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by i2y4n View Post
    Its actually no trouble at all to get a Pre 2 on Sprint. Check out webosworld. I am using a Sprint Pre 2 courtesy of webosworld and it works beautifully. Great fast and friendly service. Another perk is that converting your pre to a pre 2 will save you the $10/month data charge add on that an Evo Shift or any new phone activation would give you.

Device Services | WebOS World
    So, let me get this straight... I'm supposed to buy a Pre2, then send my Pre and the Pre2 somewhere to get the radios swapped? And during that time I'm without a phone? Yeah, umm...no. That's definitely not an option. Talked to Sprint retention...FREE HTC Shift!
    Dave
    you could do the surgery yourself. Plenty of folks to help you through it.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StormChaser View Post
    So, let me get this straight... I'm supposed to buy a Pre2, then send my Pre and the Pre2 somewhere to get the radios swapped? And during that time I'm without a phone? Yeah, umm...no. That's definitely not an option. Talked to Sprint retention...FREE HTC Shift!
    Hope its worth that extra 10 dollar per month charge. $240 over the life of your contract, so the shift actually cost you at the very least $240.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast