Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Anyone heard any info on this?

I have an iPhone 4 and am sick of iOS being such a closed, inflexible platform. WebOS seems like the best thing out there.

I want to buy a Veer without signing a contract when it comes out, then, assuming I become a WebOS addict, buy a Pre3 on contract when it comes out and sell the Veer. Trying to figure out the cost of the Veer though, any help is appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmarsden View Post

I have an iPhone 4 and am sick of iOS being such a closed, inflexible platform. WebOS seems like the best thing out there.

I want to buy a Veer without signing a contract when it comes out, then, assuming I become a WebOS addict, buy a Pre3 on contract when it comes out and sell the Veer. Trying to figure out the cost of the Veer though, any help is appreciated.
    Probably 350 to 425

Nothing has been officially announced though

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    They haven't announced off-contract pricing yet. However, the Pre2 off contract is about $450 and I'd expect the Veer to be $50 or $100 less than that.

You will definitely be addicted to webOS, so it's good to plan ahead. And the Pre2 is also an amazingly good device, available directly from HP as an unlocked GSM phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    They haven't announced off-contract pricing yet. However, the Pre2 off contract is about $450 and I'd expect the Veer to be $50 or $100 less than that.

You will definitely be addicted to webOS, so it's good to plan ahead. And the Pre2 is also an amazingly good device, available directly from HP as an unlocked GSM phone.
    Beat ya to it

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    My guess would be 449.99 at launch.
    Hi.
    Iirc the X10mini pro started at ca. 250€ incl. sales taxes.
    As the x10mini pro has the same target I assume a simmilar price point. With current exchange rates (1€~1,45$) that would be 350-460$ incl. sales taxes.
    And to be honest. I wouldn't pay more than 270€ for a device that small.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    I'm betting $399.99 for off contract pricing. At least, that's what I'm hoping for as if it is higher I won't be buying it.
    My guess would fall between $300 and $350 but I guess I'm being optimistic.
    While I was hoping for something lower as well (300-350)....the unsubsidized price for the Captivate and Inspire 4G are both $450 - their subsidized price is $99 just like the Veer.

While I hope this isn't the case, that's what I'm guessing will happen. We'll know whenever it goes on AT&T's website I guess.

I was hoping for something cheaper, but now the unlocked Pre 2 looks more attractive to me.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I was thinking of somewhere in the $300-$400 range as well. Hopefully closer to $300 than $400, but I doubt it.

Any speculation which carrier the Pre3 will launch with? AT&T?
    I wont buy it over $400.
    HP do you read me?
    Moreover, I hate you HP.
    I love Palm and i will use Veer as a Palm rebranded device =)

Before you spend several hundred dollars on an unsubsidized Veer, why not try jailbreaking your iPhone 4 first? I was sick of the inflexibility too, and jailbreaking fixed nearly all of my concerns. It's not hard to do. If that doesn't make your iPhone 4 livable again -- and it may not -- definitely give the Veer a try. I'm very interested in the Veer myself, and I'll be reading reviews carefully.

Sent from my greenpois0ned iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    Powered by Palm since 1996...
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Tungsten T > Trēo 650 > Centro > Prē > Prē F102

...gave up and switched to iPhone4 7/15/10
    I was thinking of somewhere in the $300-$400 range as well. Hopefully closer to $300 than $400, but I doubt it.

Any speculation which carrier the Pre3 will launch with? AT&T?
    - Don't be surprised if it turns out to be the "Yellow" carrier during first week of August. Everyone else is likely to cry because it will be a 6 month exclusive!

- Veer would likely get 2.2 and Touch to Share (TTS) OTA before August to appease those on the "Blue" carrier.

- Those on the "Red" carrier will likely be shedding tears without TTS until January when they will get the Pre 3 or some yet unnamed device. Will the Pre 2 get 2.2 without TTS before then? Who knows.

No facts to prove this, just hunches. Good ones!
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 05/05/2011 at 05:45 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doublebullout View Post
    Before you spend several hundred dollars on an unsubsidized Veer, why not try jailbreaking your iPhone 4 first? I was sick of the inflexibility too, and jailbreaking fixed nearly all of my concerns. It's not hard to do. If that doesn't make your iPhone 4 livable again -- and it may not -- definitely give the Veer a try. I'm very interested in the Veer myself, and I'll be reading reviews carefully.

I've been Jailbroken since day one my friend -- just tired of the maintenance of having to re-jailbreak after updates...wait for a jailbreak method to be discovered after an update...fix random issues after jailbreaking (i.e. visual voicemail), etc...

Jailbreaking certainly opens up iOS -- but I want a phone that's open to begin with, without having to jump through hoops. I want to easily be able to attain root access, install third-party packages...I want actual multi-taskinging -- the list goes on.

Without a doubt, when Apple released the first iPhone, iOS (iPhone OS at the time) was a huge breakthrough in mobile technology. However, it's slowly falling behind whereas webOS really seems to have the perfect set of features. The only thing Apple has going for it right now is the developer support. In a nutshell, iOS sucks.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    - Don't be surprised if it turns out to be the "Yellow" carrier during first week of August. Everyone else is likely to cry because it will be a 6 month exclusive!

- Veer would likely get 2.2 and Touch to Share (TTS) OTA before August to appease those on the "Blue" carrier.

- Those on the "Red" carrier will likely be shedding tears without TTS until January when they will get the Pre 3 or some yet unnamed device. Will the Pre 2 get 2.2 without TTS before then? Who knows.

No facts to prove this, just hunches. Good ones!
    I'm still optimistic for the Pre 3 in June, on either/both AT&T and Verizon.

I thin Sprint's getting the rumored 4" slab with an iPhone screen resolution, a 8 MP camera, and an SD card slot in August.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    I've been Jailbroken since day one my friend -- just tired of the maintenance of having to re-jailbreak after updates...wait for a jailbreak method to be discovered after an update...fix random issues after jailbreaking (i.e. visual voicemail), etc...

Jailbreaking certainly opens up iOS -- but I want a phone that's open to begin with, without having to jump through hoops. I want to easily be able to attain root access, install third-party packages...I want actual multi-taskinging -- the list goes on.

Without a doubt, when Apple released the first iPhone, iOS (iPhone OS at the time) was a huge breakthrough in mobile technology. However, it's slowly falling behind whereas webOS really seems to have the perfect set of features. The only thing Apple has going for it right now is the developer support. In a nutshell, iOS sucks.
    I hear ya loud and clear and agree. I'm happy for now on 4.2.1, but the drawback to jailbreaking is having to be extra careful not to lose the jailbreak. In that respect, the experience is a lot like trying to stay current with Android builds. Not fun. I'm hoping HP doesn't fumble the ball with webOS -- the jury is still out on that point.