Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ... so if you like things like giant internet flame wars and ignorant statements like "looks like a Blackberry Torch ripoff," you might want to pay AT&T's Facebook page a visit and get your boxing gloves on. The comment thread is on the Veer post they released today on their Wall.

Torch ripoff. People are morons.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    ... so if you like things like giant internet flame wars...clip..
    Nope, don't like em.
    Just call me Berd.
    ... "looks like a ... ripoff,"
    Ah, that is the measure of what a phone can do...what it reminds you of when you look at it. No need to actually try it out, look into the way it operates, how it feels, no sense wasting your time with any of that...
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Nope, don't like em.
    With you. I abstained, but I know some people are into fighting with dunderheads.
    madness. you can tell by the comments that most of those folks haven't seen it in action. ignorance really... but its palm/hp's fault. they should be out showing folks why they NEED a webOS phone.
    Where is the Marketing!!!! They should be tons of TV adds etc. They need to create some BUZZ. They need to teach people how the product is different than the rest!! Come on HP!!!!
    I just took a look at the page ..... I was kinda disappointed. No1 said anything that held any weight. Just a bunch of idiots with a Facebook page.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSecksie View Post
    I just took a look at the page ..... I was kinda disappointed. No1 said anything that held any weight. Just a bunch of idiots with a Facebook page.
    These "idiots" are the voice of the public. No one KNOWS about webos. No one KNOWS about palm/hp phones. All my friends give me confused looks when I tell them my phone runs webos. Its not their fault they dont know, its palm/hp for not marketing to people.

Most ppl dont want to have to spend time on forums and articles to find out about phones. They'd rather see it on TV in ads. Enthusiasts dont seem to understand this.....
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    Most ppl dont want to have to spend time on forums and articles to find out about phones. They'd rather see it on TV in ads. Enthusiasts dont seem to understand this.....
    thats right.

HP/PALM really should step up the marketing through public airwaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    snip..

Or in thousands of peoples hands. Word of mouth sells stuff too.
    ... so if you like things like giant internet flame wars and ignorant statements like "looks like a Blackberry Torch ripoff," you might want to pay AT&T's Facebook page a visit and get your boxing gloves on. The comment thread is on the Veer post they released today on their Wall.

Torch ripoff. People are morons.
    That's a shame. I hope AT&T promotes it as much as they did the torch. It should outsell the torch if they do.
    If hp made a phone like samsung galaxy 2, it doesn't matter what's running inside, people will buy it. What did you expect from phom like Veer.

Sent from Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Or in thousands of peoples hands. Word of mouth sells stuff too.
    You are correct. However, I don't think you'll see the Veer in thousands of hands without marketing. It all starts with some buzz. How many people even know this phone is going on sale next week?
    Quote Originally Posted by iowahawk19 View Post
    You are correct. However, I don't think you'll see the Veer in thousands of hands without marketing. It all starts with some buzz. How many people even know this phone is going on sale next week?
    Nope. Veer doesn't look sexy and too small. Hp has to redesign the webos phone, stay the hell out of pre design.
    Kin advertised hell out, guess what? Nobody bought it.

Sent from Tapatalk
    That's because the Kin wasn't a full smartphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    Like I said it doesn't matter what's in it. Many people thing webos is the best smartphone os yet nobody care for pre and pixie.

Sent from Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    +1

I'm assuming the Veer is a great phone (haven't touched it). I love my Pre+. My wife loves here Pixi+ webOS is a great OS.

The Kin was some sort of hybrid smart/dumb phone.
    I'm not surprised that people are actually surprised at this response.
    I do not care about this response. I care about the underwellming launch (So far), the make it right promise, Sprint, and the fact that the ball has started to roll. The wrist watch the veer, the pre3 and the Touchpad are all about to drop and lets hope that HP Has another 3 for factors in the tubes.
    Quote Originally Posted by iowahawk19 View Post
    +1

I'm assuming the Veer is a great phone (haven't touched it). I love my Pre+. My wife loves here Pixi+ webOS is a great OS.

The Kin was some sort of hybrid smart/dumb phone.
    I'm 48 years old. I have a wife and son (just graduated *** laude! Go Ben!), and many peers not only in IT but in my sideline of music.

(rofl - forum software asterisks out the latin word for "with")

Every single person I've given the elevator speech and demo for webOS to has said they want one, and that they'd never heard of it. My wife constantly quizzes me on why the Veer won't be carried on Sprint (sorry, dear, a CDMA radio is BIG!).

Had a great teachable moment at work today. I had a cube-zombie hanging around (the guys that don't ever seem to have any work to do so they hang out in your cube while you're trying to get something done). I was browsing Fark on my Pre-, got an email notification, opened the message and glanced at it (hey, these guys are hiring.. are you looking for a new gig?). My wife called, I talked to her for a sec, then reseated the Pre, finished reading the recruiter's email, and went back to Fark to show him the link I'd intended to show him in the first place.

After a few minutes, he asked "is that like a Mac or something"?

And then I spread the gospel, and I expect he's browsing PreCentral tonight.
    Last edited by blinktreo; 05/04/2011 at 09:36 PM. Reason: explaining the silly asterisks
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast