Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Yeah, you really don't need it. But it'd be funny to see some knock offs somewhere.. lol
    Someone show make a video on YouTube

Sent from Tapatalk
    you have great points...FB is turning into Zombie parrots...no real minds just motor fountion...as for HP getting the word out...i believe when they start the dual boot on there PC's it will sell there smartphones...sounds backwards to me too..but it will work
    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    you have great points...FB is turning into Zombie parrots...no real minds just motor fountion...as for HP getting the word out...i believe when they start the dual boot on there PC's it will sell there smartphones...sounds backwards to me too..but it will work
    I still have doubt on webOS in PC. if it's going to dual boot, nobody even notice it's pre-installed there or people usually just format their HD and reinstall windows in there. If it's embedded in windows, nobody really need to run webOS while they have already better web browser and email client and other applications installed on PC. I think HP should just focus on smartphone and tablet. Educate people how to use webOS in daily life. Perhaps in one day in the future, they can create whatever device, and put little stick on the side, webOS inside, just like intel. And people want to get it because of the webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    iOS and Android can just type on search and it will search it on the web as well. They don't have to open the browser first. So I don't really think just type feature is the best thing to show.

You really don't have to use the compare commercial, it's little too cheesy. Just show the webOS device on the screen, don't even need to show the actor or actress's face. And just show them how it works on webOS. Multitasking, just type and gesture area.
    What about showing each of these OS's side by side...by side...and they all 3 start 'Just Type' or whatever it is called on each OS...all looks the same for a moment, but then notifications start coming in, disrupting both the iOS and Android OS's, showing how much easier it is handling notifications on webOS. Then, when a call comes in from Mom (show this on Mother's Day of course), the person with the webOS Veer or Pre3 (right now, needs to be Veer) says, "THIS one I've got to take" as they tap to share with their Tablet and have a nice Skype call with their Mom on Mother's day.

I know, the TouchPad isnt' out yet...But the point of the ad is to showcase the differences in the OS where webOS shines.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

where's the Caveman guy when we need him
    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    where's the Caveman guy when we need him
    Ooo! Ooo! How about a take on the "I'm just a simple caveman" SNL skit? He could be trying to order Geico insurance on his smartphone, but can't handle the notifications on iOS and Android...and can't understand how to plug in the charging cable,

webOS...so simple, even a caveman could use it...

Good idea Kataran!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    Quite right, my bad. But I try not to build my expectations too high. That way I'm either pleasantly surprised, or gently disappointed.

I do the same thing with movies. Makes it a lot easier to enjoy mediocre movies if you don't get your hopes up.
    that's sounds cool Rockbeast...

what about an OCC theme bike??
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    *webos* you guys can't just type the words, 'bruins score'?
    iOS and Android devices have 'just type' and 'just speak' features.

iPhone Spotlight feature (2009)
    Swipe right on the home screen and just type "bru":

→ b r u

Then tap "bruins score", "bruins schedule", etc.

Android Search (2008)
    Tap Search then type "bru" for the same options:

b r u

Just type on the iPhone or Android will take 5 taps total to find:
    Boston Bruins (46-23-11)
    Last Game: May 4,
    Boston Bruins 5 - Philadelphia Fliers 1

You can customize iPhone Spotlight and customize Android Search to include just the apps or content you want.

Typing while driving is illegal in many states so they might consider iPhone Voice Search or Android Voice Actions.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 05/05/2011 at 06:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    iOS and Android devices have 'just type' and 'just speak' features.

iPhone Spotlight feature (2009)
    Swipe right on the home screen and just type "bru":

→ b r u

Then tap "bruins score", "bruins schedule", etc.

Android Search (2008)
    Tap Search then type "bru" for the same options:

b r u

Just type on the iPhone or Android will take 5 tapes total to find:
    Boston Bruins (46-23-11)
    Last Game: May 4,
    Boston Bruins 5 - Philadelphia Fliers 1

You can customize iPhone Spotlight and customize Android Search to include just the apps or content you want.

Typing while driving is illegal in many states so they might consider iPhone Voice Search or Android Voice Actions.
    I once stood in a supermarket watching a woman shout at her phone for 5 minutes straight trying to make it call "Harold". We dial 7 digits over here for a phone number.
    NNJ
    I once stood in a supermarket watching a woman shout at her phone for 5 minutes straight trying to make it call "Harold". We dial 7 digits over here for a phone number.
    Like he said, some state, it's illegal to dial 7 digits while you are driving.

BTW, other phone also can dial too, difference here is that they have a choice to use their voice dialing.
    I just read that comment thread... it wasn't a "pummeling" at all. It was like there were just a few people who looked as if they never finished high school who were all "OMFG MY BB TORCH IS DA BEST THIS R A RIPOFF". Most of the complaints in the comment thread were actually complaints AT&T's travesty of a 4G network.

I think th Veer will do fine, or better than fine. Give it some time. The thing's not even out yet!
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    Like he said, some state, it's illegal to dial 7 digits while you are driving.

BTW, other phone also can dial too, difference here is that they have a choice to use their voice dialing.
    I was commenting on how functional those voice dial apps really are.
    NNJ
    Maybe that was a year or two ago? Maybe the person had a bit of an accent?

Speech recognition is amazing now because it learns as you speak, no matter how strong your accent. Try the speech recognition again now and you will be amazed at how quickly it learns.

Yes speech recognition is great option and a convenience.

But in many places speech recognition is not an option. You will be breaking the law if you don't use speech recognition to dial or text if you are driving.
    Where is the speech recognition on WebOS? Nada?
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Maybe that was a year or two ago? Maybe the person had a bit of an accent?

Speech recognition is amazing now because it learns as you speak, no matter how strong your accent. Try the speech recognition again now and you will be amazed at how quickly it learns.

Yes speech recognition is great option and a convenience.

But in many places speech recognition is not an option. You will be breaking the law if you don't use speech recognition to dial or text if you are driving.
    I pull over in the corner and make/take my calls. But then, most of the time my family is with me, and I do consider their safety.
    NNJ
    How about an ad campaign like Ford has right now? Find iOS, Android, and Blackberry users. Hand them a webOS phone for a week. Let them 'review' it. Then ask them if they want to keep their old phone.

Who would replace Mike Rowe?
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iowahawk19 View Post
    How about an ad campaign like Ford has right now? Find iOS, Android, and Blackberry users. Hand them a webOS phone for a week. Let them 'review' it. Then ask them if they want to keep their old phone.

Who would replace Mike Rowe?
    Dr. Dre???
    Quote Originally Posted by deskow80 View Post
    Dr. Dre???
    Dr. Dre and Eminem! Hell yeah!

Throw Rihanna in the mix, and we have a winner folks!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    Where is the speech recognition on WebOS? Nada?
    HP Veer 4G Initial Impression
    "Voice dialing is FINALLY here, courtesy of Nuance, and it's actually baked into the OS, not a flaky add-on like we had in the Palm OS days."
    NNJ
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast