Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    93 comments. 1/2 of which looks like they are coming from paid employees of the competition. 1/2 of the remaining coming from clueless idiots just mouthing off. The last set showing appreciation for the phone.
    But wait! 137 likes. There's hope yet.
    But looks exactly like the typical threads I'm seeing in this forum and others, where the competition's trolls try to have a field day.
    NNJ
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    93 comments. 1/2 of which looks like they are coming from paid employees of the competition. 1/2 of the remaining coming from clueless idiots just mouthing off. The last set showing appreciation for the phone...
    Yeah, dangit. I wasted 1 of my alloted 10 annual facebook logins to read some of those comments.

/sigh.
    I see pandas.
    93 comments. 1/2 of which looks like they are coming from paid employees of the competition. 1/2 of the remaining coming from clueless idiots just mouthing off. The last set showing appreciation for the phone.
    But wait! 137 likes. There's hope yet.
    But looks exactly like the typical threads I'm seeing in this forum and others, where the competition's trolls try to have a field day.
    Are you expecting a different response at retail?
    I'm just disappointed the Veer is getting caught in the crossfire between AT&T's misleading marketing and everyone complaining it's not even close to 4G. The dangerous part of exclusivity agreements, take a good lesson from this one HP...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    ...And then I spread the gospel, and I expect he's browsing PreCentral tonight.
    Let's all wave when he's looking in the window.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    We'll just have to wait and see, won't we?
    NNJ
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I'm just disappointed the Veer is getting caught in the crossfire between AT&T's misleading marketing and everyone complaining it's not even close to 4G. The dangerous part of exclusivity agreements, take a good lesson from this one HP...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    nothing we have now is remotely close to "4G"
    The good news is that most comments seem to be general AT&T complaints, and very little Veer bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    We'll just have to wait and see, won't we?
    technically you wouldn't have to wait and see to reveal what you're expecting. You could just say what you're expecting. Then you would wait and see what actually happened.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Well, we live in a world where people think Apple discovered the color "white" and treat the color of a phone as a major piece of news.
    If the same phone was marketed as the iPill or the iSmall everyone would be talking about it.
    HP has a long way to go marketing-wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    These "idiots" are the voice of the public. No one KNOWS about webos. No one KNOWS about palm/hp phones. All my friends give me confused looks when I tell them my phone runs webos. Its not their fault they dont know, its palm/hp for not marketing to people.

Most ppl dont want to have to spend time on forums and articles to find out about phones. They'd rather see it on TV in ads. Enthusiasts dont seem to understand this.....
    You are right that it is not their fault that they don't know about webos.

But it is their fault when they spew opinions about something they don't know about. Idiots after all.

And no - a bunch of idiots on a facebook page are not the public. The "public" neither knows nor cares about that facebook page. You were right on this in your last paragraph. Only you forgot that this also apples to facebook pages. ;-)

Yes - HP has to do an ad blitz on TV/Internet if it is serious about pushing webos.

But they are probably concentrating on the Pre3/Touchpad combo coming out in summer. And then they are probably closer to integrating webos in printers and putting it on desktops.

My guess is (pure speculation on my part) they do some moderate ads mostly through carriers for the Veer this month.

The blitz a wider campaign when Pre3 and Touchpad come out (or rather shortly before that) - sometime June/July. And then keep going with news about webos on new HP computers and printers and other devices for months.

One can argue whether the Veer should have been held back until Pre3 and Touchpad are also ready.
    But I think there is wide agreement that it doesn't make much sense to start a big webos blitz on the Veer alone (and a bit late for the Pre2).

Also at that time they might be ready to also announce the fabled Stingray slab phone variant with webos. At that time you could do a great campaign on a whole range of phones plus the tablet.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    I'm thinking now that the Veer's small size could make it a trojan horse to expose a wider base of users to webOS--ie those IOS or Android tablet owners that want a small phone to carry with their tablet while traveling, others who are buying a second phone and like the small size. If this works and those users start liking webOs, this could impact second generation sales of webOS tablet/phone just as some blackberry users started out by getting a second (IOS) phone and are now picking IPad over Playbook.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    technically you wouldn't have to wait and see to reveal what you're expecting. You could just say what you're expecting. Then you would wait and see what actually happened.
    Quite right, my bad. But I try not to build my expectations too high. That way I'm either pleasantly surprised, or gently disappointed.

NNJ
    Hey guys,

You know what I would love to see? I'd love to see HP do a marketing campaign similar to the famous Mac vs. PC ads we've seen everywhere else.

How about a few WebOS vs. iOS vs. Android ads? Those would be, for sure, attention grabbing at minimum, they would be educational, and highlight the best features of WebOS in a funny way that everyone would relate to.

Good idea or bad?
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Hey guys,

You know what I would love to see? I'd love to see HP do a marketing campaign similar to the famous Mac vs. PC ads we've seen everywhere else.

How about a few WebOS vs. iOS vs. Android ads? Those would be, for sure, attention grabbing at minimum, they would be educational, and highlight the best features of WebOS in a funny way that everyone would relate to.

Good idea or bad?
    No a bad idea, but I think that ad is getting old though. However, just like Apple ad where they show the screen of the webOS, and show the world how it does the multitasking and gesture? Show them how it can be done and it's extremely easy. It doesn't have to compare with iOS and Android since everyone knows how they work. Just show how webOS works and educate them.
    Quite right, my bad. But I try not to build my expectations too high. That way I'm either pleasantly surprised, or gently disappointed.

And don't forget, in the in-between time you can be mildly indifferent...just making sure you are covered for all situations!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

lol, here's one I just did up real quick:

*cue android, iphone, and webos*

*webos* hey guys, what's up? did you catch the scores last night? i didn't get to see them. man, this angry birds game is awesome!
    *iphone* yeah, hold on let me loo- you have one new email. view or ignore? you have one new email. view or ignore? you have one new ---
    *webos* what's he doing?
    *android* [in droid-like voice] SWITCH TO HOME SCREEN ... FIND BROWSER ... OPENING BROWSER ...
    *webos* i was just watching the bruins game and i wanted to know who won--
    *iphone* you have three new text messages from, Andy. view or ignore? you have three new text messages from, Andy. view or ignore--
    *webos* you guys can't just type the words, 'bruins score'?
    *android* ... TYPING URL ... LOADING PAGE ... ENTERING SEARCH TEXT ...
    *iphone* one important voice message from, Mom. view or ignore? one important voice message from, Mom. view or ignore--
    *webos* the bruins won 5 - 1. thanks for trying guys. back to my game of angry birds..
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Unless HP has TV spots showing what the phone is capable of, it won't go anywhere. Show some multitasking that appeals to the average joe, like Angry birds playing and the dude flicks into card view to launch youtube for a hint on the level he is playing, then flick back to Angry Birds.

Or composing and email while SMS'ing. It's not hard...
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    lol, here's one I just did up real quick:

*cue android, iphone, and webos*

*webos* hey guys, what's up? did you catch the scores last night? i didn't get to see them. man, this angry birds game is awesome!
    *iphone* yeah, hold on let me loo- you have one new email. view or ignore? you have one new email. view or ignore? you have one new ---
    *webos* what's he doing?
    *android* [in droid-like voice] SWITCH TO HOME SCREEN ... FIND BROWSER ... OPENING BROWSER ...
    *webos* i was just watching the bruins game and i wanted to know who won--
    *iphone* you have three new text messages from, Andy. view or ignore? you have three new text messages from, Andy. view or ignore--
    *webos* you guys can't just type the words, 'bruins score'?
    *android* ... TYPING URL ... LOADING PAGE ... ENTERING SEARCH TEXT ...
    *iphone* one important voice message from, Mom. view or ignore? one important voice message from, Mom. view or ignore--
    *webos* the bruins won 5 - 1. thanks for trying guys. back to my game of angry birds..
    iOS and Android can just type on search and it will search it on the web as well. They don't have to open the browser first. So I don't really think just type feature is the best thing to show.

You really don't have to use the compare commercial, it's little too cheesy. Just show the webOS device on the screen, don't even need to show the actor or actress's face. And just show them how it works on webOS. Multitasking, just type and gesture area.
    Yeah, you really don't need it. But it'd be funny to see some knock offs somewhere.. lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast