Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Our devices were our own to do with, what we will.

"They" sold us a service, and it was up to us to decide how we wanted to implement that service into our daily lives.

Fast forward 18 years:

texting is no longer included in any plan (save unlimited)

using your phone's data connection from another device isn't possible (without paying an additional fee), anything else and you're in breach of your service agreement.

Unlimited USED to mean....UNLIMITED.

...This is true of cell providers, broadband providers, and cable providers.

The Untied States has the WORST service per $ spent in the world. Europe, Japan, Korea...all beat the US in bandwidth, HANDS DOWN. Even in Ukraine....FREAKING UKRAINE...barely a 1st world country has cheaper and better service than in the US. I was over there, paid $5 for a sim card for my iPhone, and $10 for almost a month's worth of talk time on a 3G network, that was not only more reliable, but more stable and faster....and we let it slide...because we're ignorant and don't know any better.

I would encourage all of you to write a letter to your providers explaining your disgust with the level of service we're being provided. Yeah it might not help if one or two people do it, but hundreds if not thousands?...when enough people complain, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    My Veer came with an app called Mobile Hotspot - in the extras area - does this not work on an AT&T plan - using mine on T-Mobile unlocked - would love to know if this built in app works on the AT&T network!
    Quote Originally Posted by tchaten View Post
    My Veer came with an app called Mobile Hotspot - in the extras area - does this not work on an AT&T plan - using mine on T-Mobile unlocked - would love to know if this built in app works on the AT&T network!
    If you are running the 4 gig plan tethering is included, otherwise it is not.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    So the app is just non functional then - what happens when you try - is there some sort of error message? - what if you get the pre and don't use it on a contracted plan any difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by tchaten View Post
    So the app is just non functional then - what happens when you try - is there some sort of error message? - what if you get the pre and don't use it on a contracted plan any difference?
    It tells you to call "611" and ask to upgrade to a tethered plan.

I think it crazy the way the CellCo's milk everything. It's like they sell you a bottle of water but you're not allowed to pour it into a glass to drink the water. "Oh the pourer into the glass thingy plan is $20 a month. You can drink from the bottle though."
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12