1.    #1  
    Put this on Virgin or any other prepaid plan, and the Veer will be a huge hit. It seems like it would stand out in that market and appeal to the demographic. I would take a Veer on Virgin over a Pre3 on Sprint.
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    Wonder if AT&T exclusive precludes it being on their gophone line... (their data plan is only slightly less ridiculous than it used to be, still a huge rip-off)...

do most prepaid plans come with similarly unreasonable data components?
    Good idea, but I have my doubts. Even after 6 months of availability, I don't see HP swallowing their pride enough to move a webOS device into the prepaid sector. It may be showing a lot of growth, but it's still got a stigma.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Good idea, but I have my doubts. Even after 6 months of availability, I don't see HP swallowing their pride enough to move a webOS device into the prepaid sector. It may be showing a lot of growth, but it's still got a stigma.
    Pride doesn't pay the bills. The legacy webOS devices are avail through prepaids so maybe Veer will be eventually too. Problem is US carriers view prepaids as a bane and would love the find a way to ditch them.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    ^ Pre/Pixi are avail on prepaid carriers somewhere in the world? Didn't know that.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I tell you what, I would definitely dump Sprint in a nanosec if this or ANY WebOS phone was available on Virgin Mobile or another prepaid carrier. My wife's Pixi gave up the ghost and she had to do something...add in that we wanted to cut costs...and VM's all you can eat data...SOLD. She's liking her new LG android phone alot, and frankly, it's pretty decent. I am tempted to dump Sprint, too...just having a hard time contemplating giving up premier gold status and webOS. But if Sprint doesn't jump back on board...I'm out...
    im using my pre plus on prepaid with at&t. just buy it out right and put the prepaid sim in
    I'd rather have it on a dumbphone data plan on contract. THEN I could see it flying off shelves.
    Put anything on pay-as-you-go plans and it will fly off the shelves, especially any kind of smartphone.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Verizon sells Pixi Plus phones for $70 on prepaid. And I'm running my Pre2 on Verizon prepaid (same pricing as contract, you just buy the phone up front).
    I agree that the Veer would be a perfect fit for the "cool" pre-paid service that is Virgin Mobile. They already offer Android phones on Virgin. The price could be a problem though. Since pre-paid phones are not subsidized, they have to be inexpensive if they are to sell. The Veer may have the proper size and feel for the pre-paid market, but it may not be possible to get the price low enough without the subsidy in order for it to appeal to the pre-paid market. It's a cool little phone, but it's no toy.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I had no problem paying $200 for my wife's android phone on Virgin. Consider that she gets unlimited data, texts & email + 300 minutes talk for $25/month...downloaded Skype & bought a $3/month unlimited calling plan that works VERY IMPRESSIVELY over wifi & 3G (Sprint network), and we're getting the same experience we had with Sprint unlimited plan, but for $50 less/month. Minus webOS, of course. She can live with that. I can't let go of my Pre- just yet, though...
    I think Veer's full price is $400+. Nobody will pay that kind of money for Veer in Virgin or any other pay as you go plan. And I really doubt HP can bring down the price to $200 or less.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    if they were willing to cut the price to a break-even point, tho...people would pick it up in big numbers, esp if the phone's as good as the reviews say it is. The more webOS users the better
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty BK View Post
    if they were willing to cut the price to a break-even point, tho...people would pick it up in big numbers, esp if the phone's as good as the reviews say it is. The more webOS users the better
    Only question is, is HP ever going to do that? I think they should. Since Pre 2 is not going any where, if they put Pre 2 in one of those place and put price tag at $200, I think that will be awsome. I would definately drop my Verizon and pick one up, but I don't know about Veer though, I just hate that phone.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    HP is kind of in the same place as LG- new to the cellphone biz. LG has come out swinging and is aggressively putting their phones everywhere they can to increase mindshare. HP would be wise to do the same. I don't know about you, but when I think HP I definitely don't think cellphones. They have to change that somehow...and one way is to do what LG is doing. Let AT&T have an exclusive for 6 months, then push the thing in as many channels as possible.