Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    I have to ask, the Veer has the same screen size as the Pixi, larger than the Treo Pro (which I have and is mostly functional, but that's not webOS), how functional is that screen size please? I think the Pixi owners would best answer here.
    I'm thinking in terms of web browsing and usability of that screen size.
    NNJ
    The pixi is awesome online pretty zippy and everything i dont think the veery would be to bad.
    I was able to play around with the device in SF at the big event and was really pleased with the screen size, usability, and responsiveness. It was bright, clear, and fast. I wasn't sure about using something that small for web surfing, but was really impressed with it after playing for a while. I'm really looking forward to this device and would happily grab one if it hits Sprint!
    I am a Pixi+ user. I have no issues at all with the screen size. I find the phone very functional.

OK. One issue. The small screen size makes the photos/pictures associated with your contacts useless with all but the phone app. They are just too small.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I was able to play around with the device in SF at the big event and was really pleased with the screen size, usability, and responsiveness. It was bright, clear, and fast. I wasn't sure about using something that small for web surfing, but was really impressed with it after playing for a while. I'm really looking forward to this device and would happily grab one if it hits Sprint!
    +1 The Veer is a great device and it's smaller size is a non issue, and may in fact actually be its strong suit. It's quite an impressive device for such a small package.
    Quote Originally Posted by leebae View Post
    OK. One issue. The small screen size makes the photos/pictures associated with your contacts useless with all but the phone app. They are just too small.
    hm what exactly do you mean? the contact pics next to names in listings? am i right that this effect would be the very same on all other webos devices except for per3/touchpad because its doe to the vertical screen resolution which is the same on all of them icluding pixi / veer?
    i own a pre but have used a pixi. The screen size works well, even coming from using a larger screen.
    I have to LOL every time I see these "Veer is too small, FAIL!" when damn near every BB phone released (incl. those new touch Bolds) has a 2.4~2.6" screen. I know MANY (many) BB users and you never hear them say "Man, I wish the screen was bigger." I have heard them say they wish they were less "chunky" though.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    I have to LOL every time I see these "Veer is too small, FAIL!" when damn near every BB phone released (incl. those new touch Bolds) has a 2.4~2.6" screen. I know MANY (many) BB users and you never hear them say "Man, I wish the screen was bigger." I have heard them say they wish they were less "chunky" though.
    Browsing the web on the BBs I think most of the pages load in mobile mode. I am using Opera on my Treo Pro, and while the full pages can load in that, with no pinch to zoom, large pages can be hard to navigate sometimes.
    Will the Veer improve my experience on full page browsing?
    NNJ
    My girlfriend has a Pixi and the only thing I find is hampering its functionality and overall experience is that it's sadly pretty sluggish most of the time. I've never found the screen to take away from the experience.

nyallj: looking at full webpages IS a pain if you do not pinch to zoom or double-tap to zoom in on a certain element like a column of text, but both works in webOS.
    I think looking at a full website is useful for getting an overview of a page, but if I want the content, I always double-tap (and rarely pinch) to zoom in.
    <<Here's a thread discussing the size of the Veer.>>
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnark View Post
    hm what exactly do you mean? the contact pics next to names in listings? am i right that this effect would be the very same on all other webos devices except for per3/touchpad because its doe to the vertical screen resolution which is the same on all of them icluding pixi / veer?
    This is what I am talking about. In the contacts (list view) ans the SMS app the photos are tiny. Too small to even make out (for my eyes anyway). I just assumed they would be larger on the larger screen sizes of the Pre, Pre2, Pe3.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Why cant i see any of your links ever?

it just looks like this....
    But then the BB is getting pummeled in the market...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I think a true user of webOS can easily utilize the screen size. The resolution on paper seems sufficient for most things. and webOS is just an awesome OS on any screen size because of what you can actually accomplish with the cards. I never complained about my screen size of my Pre browsing and all, except maybe viewing videos.

Too bad I'm on android.
    I've read not a few posts where someone says if they have a TouchPad, the Veer would be a great pocketable compliment.
    Just call me Berd.
    Thank you.

PS: Bosh gotta step-up and get tougher....we need him.

"Sent From my HP Pre 3 on the Sprint Network"
    It's works well for everything but web browsing, which needs lots of zoom in zoom out actions.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    I own a Pixi Plus, and the only downside is the speed, I'm fine with the screen, I wouldn't mind more space, but it isn't a problem at all (but I'll be buying something bigger soon, I was going to buy a Pre 2, but I decided to wait for the Pre 3).
    I have a Pixi and the screen size is small but functional, especially if you use sites that are catered to mobile devices. I use it to browse the web often, but the performance is real laggy in general on the device.