View Poll Results: What kind of launch are you expecting for the AT&T Veer?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Full launch - available in practically all AT&T stores.

29 41.43%
  • Semi-soft launch - only available in some AT&T stores; otherwise online.

28 40.00%
  • Soft launch - mostly online

13 18.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What kind of Veer launch are you expecting?
    Very quiet one like Pre 2 launch in Verizon.
    What should be done at launch:

ATT market the crap outta this, NOT HP, with commercials, website adds, posters at stores, but more importantly ACTUAL PHONES SOLD AT THE STORES!!!

Anything short of this will be another bombshell.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    I wonder if there are stipulations with ATT to only do so much. Maybe the contract they signed with Apple states "ATT cannot make another vendor phone more marketable/can't spend as much/spin similar features than Apple" or something like that!
    I expect this to be a much bigger push than AT&T provided for the Pre Plus. I'd speculate they take HP more seriously than they did Palm last year.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    I picked the poll option 'full launch', but, I should qualify. That is what I think should happen. As for what actually will... I fear a semi-soft or soft launch (which will provide equally soft sales).

In my mind: if they aren't going to push the product with marketing and in-store stock, what's the point in carrying it at all?
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
    Launch it like the original pre-. LOTS of hype about this VEERy small phone.
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Quote Originally Posted by 4r4qg View Post
    Launch it like the original pre-. LOTS of hype about this VEERy small phone.
    Oh boy.....
    Full launch; This feels VERY different than the pre2 launch already.
    What the VEERy small phone to corny for ya? :P
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    I think it will be a full launch as was done for the AT&T Pre+

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

Well HP did get those Mini coopers for something rite??
    IMO I'm really hoping that they do some massive training with the AT&T sales staff. I've met a few people who owned webOS devices that didn't know the most basic gestures like back-swipe because the sales person had no clue. When I showed the gestures to those people, their eyes lit up and they absolutely loved the devices. Yes, there is a gesture tutorial, but so many don't really pay attention to it. If they can get the sales people to understand and like the UI, they will have almost as much success with it as an ad campaign.
    I don't really see AT&T is going to advertise this phone alot. They will have new Samsung Galaxy 2, and this will be their next flagship phone. They will continue their line with top line Android and iPhone 4 with their commercial.
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    I don't really see AT&T is going to advertise this phone alot. They will have new Samsung Galaxy 2, and this will be their next flagship phone. They will continue their line with top line Android and iPhone 4 with their commercial.
    That's a good point. An exclusivity agreement means a lot more when the carrier has a real incentive to push your product, saving you on marketing and advertising costs. With AT&T apparently pushing to be the carrier with the most software platforms (I count 5), why is HP convinced that they're going to throw a significant amount of effort behind pushing webOS?
    You can't rely on other companies for marketing if you want change your brand image. HP should take charge here especially if they want any cool factor like Leo expressed.
    If At&t didn't do the advertising, how would HP push the Veer for At&t?

What I mean is; how would Hp advertise the veer for At&t?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    Well HP did get those Mini coopers for something rite??
    Those cars will be used to personally deliver your Veer to you if you buy from HP's website
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    The Veer passed FCC some time ago, didn't it? Hence, I think it might've been in production for quite some time now. Consequently, I expect a full hard launch.

What AT&T does is something different, though. However, I don't think HP is so stupid to give them one phone exclusively without them doing some ads. But well, on the other hand it might be exclusive because nobody else wanted it...
    i would be impressed to see one webos tv commercial before i die
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast