Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    How are Pixi apps automatically getting a Veer stamp.. ??

Last I checked ..
    Pixi = 1.4.5
    Veer = 2.x (2.2??)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    So, now that we all know this phone is an AT&T exclusive, how many people are thinking about FrankenVeers? :P (probably not possible at all.. )=)
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by steveer View Post
    I'm not sure that's true. With an exclusive, AT&T has incentive to market the device. Without exclusivity, HP has to do all the marketing. From a consumer's perspective, that obviously not ideal but obviously HP has made a business decision here.
    Yup thats what I saw. I still would have loved this as an option on all carriers. I guess I was also readying on here a CDMA radio wouldn't fit in the phone anyways. I did not know that.

Either way AT&T users will be happy! I'm just glad its finally being released to the public!
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    What phones are at&t advertising right now?
    I don't think I've seen one commercial avertising the Android Inspire.
    Although, I've seen the Atrix.
    But those two phones are for a different audience.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post

Last I checked ..
    Pixi = 1.4.5
    Veer = 2.x (2.2??)

HP webOS Developer Blog

Basically sounds like they're just going to take all apps labelled as Pixi compatible and also mark them as also compatible with the Veer
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    It'd be nice to see the Veer featured on the HP, AT&T, or even palm.com website.

Or at the very least have a link to the press release.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcmandan View Post
    Att exclusive... What a way to give us sprint early adopters love. tthis isn't looking good.

Veer is GSM only isn't it? So who, of major US carriers, was going to get it besides AT&T?
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post

Last I checked ..
    Pixi = 1.4.5
    Veer = 2.x (2.2??)

Everything from 1.45 can run on 2.x but not vice versa
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    It'd be nice to see the Veer featured on the HP, AT&T, or even palm.com website.

Or at the very least have a link to the press release.
    They might do that on the 15th. But I agree; it was odd to go to Palm.com and not see the Veer's impending release called out on the main page.
    Quote Originally Posted by pecbquest04 View Post
    I think off contract it might be $349.99, like the pixi plus? Anyway, I'm really excited and can't wait to go pick one up, but my upgrade isn't until June 30! I was hoping it would cost $49.99 on contract, I mean, the HTC Inspire 4G is also $99.99 on contract.
    I also thought $99.99 is a bit too steep, but I am guessing we will soon find cheaper or even free veers from their parties like Amazon.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    They might do that on the 15th. But I agree; it was odd to go to Palm.com and not see the Veer's impending release called out on the main page.
    It's most likely because palm.com is in the process of being EOL. This is not unusual for brand transitions. Basically, the idea is that you leave the old destination site there, so that anyone looking for a product under that brand can still find it, but the main momentum forward happens at the new home for that brand.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Given palm's recent marketing history, I SURE don't want to stereotype certain phones to certain segments of the population. However, I do think it's a miss to not have had this phone available for in-store purchase by Mother's Day.
    Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    The exclusive is a bad deal! I was hoping HP wouldn't go that way. Makes me think that the Pre 3 will also be an exclusive with big red! No good IMO.
    Think with an Aug release date, that Pre 3 exclusive may end up bieng on Big Yellow instead ???????
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I wonder when they will release the off contract price.
    +1
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by vladi View Post
    Tri band UMTS! Euro people can buy Veers off ATT without hesitation now
    O2 is also releasing the Veer!
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Source please? Because if that is the case, then I'm desperately hoping for an unlocked version.
    NNJ
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vladi View Post
    Tri band UMTS! Euro people can buy Veers off ATT without hesitation now
    That's good news. Although I'm not interested in the Veer, it'll be good to be able to buy it in Europe.
    From what I see it comes with 2.1. So no new webOS updates for now.
    Did anybody notice that they are saying the Veer 4G is exclusive to AT&T but not just the Veer? Could it be that 3G Vers are on the way to other carriers?
    Quote Originally Posted by whodo_voodoo View Post
    HP webOS Developer Blog

Basically sounds like they're just going to take all apps labelled as Pixi compatible and also mark them as also compatible with the Veer
    And what about apps that use older 1.4.5 APIs?

Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    Source please? Because if that is the case, then I'm desperately hoping for an unlocked version.
    The announcement of the german o2-site.
    prego
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast