Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The exclusive is a bad deal! I was hoping HP wouldn't go that way. Makes me think that the Pre 3 will also be an exclusive with big red! No good IMO.
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    The exclusive is a bad deal! I was hoping HP wouldn't go that way. Makes me think that the Pre 3 will also be an exclusive with big red! No good IMO.
    I agree with that! I think these products should be available to all carriers if technically possible. I just think this exclusivity thing gets way out of hand.

If carriers want more customers then provide better service and not be dependent on a phone to get you more customers.
    i hope in other parts of the world they keep up the unlocked strategy like o2 germany did with all webos devices until now
    Att exclusive... What a way to give us sprint early adopters love. tthis isn't looking good.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new
    Does anyone have any details about it being released in the UK?
    Not that im going to get it, but when the pre3 is released i can have an idea how long to wait if its not announced for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Why would you assume that any carrier would even pick up the Veer without an exclusive?
    HP prolly could have released it non-exclusively, but AT&T prolly offered to throw advertising dollars behind the device.

Are you trying to hurt me?
    Exciting to see action, but i'm waiting for the pre3.
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    HP prolly could have released it non-exclusively, but AT&T prolly offered to throw advertising dollars behind the device.

I've heard (could be completely wrong) that GSM components are smaller than CDMA components. This could explain why the Veer is only released in the GSM variety.
    Why is anyone complaining about it being exclusive? If that trend holds, Veer = ATT (probably for less than a year), Pre3 (Verizon?) same deal, and Sprint will obviously get something newer and better than both of those phones combined.

The Sprint people that are complaining shouldn't, other than the fact we have no new webOS phone yet, keyword is YET. HP is a huge company, every single carrier will be getting webOS phones. Not rocket science. HP isn't going to fail in this business.
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    ZDNet is calling it..."The Zoolander Phone"
    I wonder when they will release the off contract price.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I wonder when they will release the off contract price.
    I would have to guess around $450 - $500.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Yeah, at&t released the palm pre plus on May 16th of last year.
    I think off contract it might be $349.99, like the pixi plus? Anyway, I'm really excited and can't wait to go pick one up, but my upgrade isn't until June 30! I was hoping it would cost $49.99 on contract, I mean, the HTC Inspire 4G is also $99.99 on contract.
    I could be wrong but I'm guessing:

Veer = AT&T
    Pre3 = VZW
    'Stingray' = Sprint

Touchpad 3G/4G = All 3
    Why is everyone complaining about exclusive when months ago it was stated that the small size of the Veer couldnt house a CDMA chipset?

Clearly, if it only works on GSM, its only coming to AT&T.

Not an economic decision but a technical one instead.

The only other carrier would be T-Mobile, and really, who cares...so 40 more people would buy it if it came to T-Mobile...whoop dee doo.
    This phone is tiny!

I know that Palm is designed to be a smaller sized PDA type phones, but this one is really small, but I like it.
    Global Posts
    848 Global Posts
    Tri band UMTS! Euro people can buy Veers off ATT without hesitation now
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Why would you assume that any carrier would even pick up the Veer without an exclusive?
    ITs in HPalms best interest for unit sells to NOT have it be exclusive. If your bound to one carrier then it cripples your sales of the units.

Tossing money to HP is what they did I am sure. Either way I do hope the Veer does well. Only being on AT&T it might not. T-mobile and CDMA networks should have gotten it too IMO.
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    ITs in HPalms best interest for unit sells to NOT have it be exclusive. If your bound to one carrier then it cripples your sales of the units.
    I'm not sure that's true. With an exclusive, AT&T has incentive to market the device. Without exclusivity, HP has to do all the marketing. From a consumer's perspective, that obviously not ideal but obviously HP has made a business decision here.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast