Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Veer: 2.6" screen, resolution of 320 x 400 pixels, 197 ppi

Now here comes the competition
    Blackberry bold touch 9900: 2.8", 640 x 480 px, 287 ppi

pixel density is overrated
    The two don't even compare. BB Bold Touch has keyboard on the outside, and is massive.

The Veer is a slider. Totally different devices. WebOS is more fun to use.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Meh... if you can see a difference of 110 pixels on an even smaller screen you have way better eyes than me.
    Yup^
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I have to say you guys are being really bad apologists. While it can be debated that you don't need the extra pixels at that size it does make reading text of web sites much nicer. The thing to remember though is that the veer will launch for 99 dollars. As such the 9900 is certainly not the competition.
    Price, Form Factor, Intended Target Audience are all different.
    I have to say, the 9900 looks like a fine device. Can't understand all the flak it's catching from Engadget et al.
    Not of course that I don't like the Veer better.
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    I have to say, the 9900 looks like a fine device. Can't understand all the flak it's catching from Engadget et al.
    Not of course that I don't like the Veer better.
    It's the same flak that Palm has been getting for a while. People always look to the top of the current market and wonder why Palm (or in this case RIM) didn't release something that can compete with the best phones.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    848 Global Posts
    On screens this small ppi comes to play only on elements smaller than 16x20. The only time Pixi is affected by relatively low ppi is when you zoom out cards to rearrange them (on 9900 screen you will see more detail). That feature is disabled in 2.X so unless some developers make too small UI elments you will not be able to tell the difference when lookin at the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Price, Form Factor, Intended Target Audience are all different.
    This.

The comparison is meaningless.