Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Babadi View Post
    Will they even market it well? Right now all we have seen is some mini's with a paint job, to market a release date we don't have. Are they soft launching the Veer and saving the big guns for the Pre3 and Touchpad? If that's the case I direct you back to the original point of this thread.
    It's too soon. We'll know in about a month though which might make predicting HP a bit easier.
  2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post

I'm sure HP has a slab phone hiding in development somewhere but it'd probably be mid 2012 before seeing it. Ideally, it'd have webOS 4.0 along with a Touchpad 2. The Pre 3 (or Veer) then can live in the shadows where they should thrive better.
    +1

HP/Palm is Slow. They better realize it sooner.
  3. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Babadi View Post
    Will they even market it well? Right now all we have seen is some mini's with a paint job, to market a release date we don't have. Are they soft launching the Veer and saving the big guns for the Pre3 and Touchpad? If that's the case I direct you back to the original point of this thread.
    To me it looks like the Touchpad is the main product. I doubt Pre3 will be ready by June end. HP wants to spend their money on the tablets first followed by phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    To me it looks like the Touchpad is the main product. I doubt Pre3 will be ready by June end. HP wants to spend their money on the tablets first followed by phones.
    If that was true, they really would have delayed the Veer's launch.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    If that was true, they really would have delayed the Veer's launch.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    They need something to show the TTS (Touch To Share). Veer can do it. Plus since it is GSM phone , they can sell it in other parts of the world.
    this phone will be forgotten in about a month if not sooner. Until hp gets developers and apps they can go no where. I think the time spent to get the release of the veer would have been better spent getting to release the 3 earlier. I love my pre plus but in september if apps dont improve ie having normal apps (espn,sirius,etc.) forget about it. I want a foot in my mouth and be wrong so I buy the Pre 3 but I have a feeling thats not going to be the case.
    I have this theory that HP is actually making a push to be relevant in markets outside the US more so than in the US. If we take a look at all the recent events that are webOS related, the majority of them are in those other markets. The latest celebrity deal is also for a celebrity that's well known in non-US markets.

The reason I think that HP is doing this: the US market is pretty much a duopoly right now between iOS and Android. HP probably feels like they have a better chance of succeeding by targeting those other markets first and build enough of a momentum and base, before they can be taken seriously "at home."
    Quote Originally Posted by JKK Photography View Post
    Theyll market it well, and then we will see if this market for a small phone even exists.

I have my doubts, but then again I'm not a phone manufacturer.
    The Veer is 3.31" x 2.15" x 0.59" = 4.20 in³

The iPhone 4 is 4.50" x 2.31" x 0.37" = 3.85 in³

There is a big market for small phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post

LOL. Yeah, there is big market for a small phone, only if that phone has a piece of fruit on it.

The iPhone is not a good example as to if there is a big market for small smart phones. There's no way to filter out the people who are genuinely going for a small phone regardless of maker and the Apple faithful. Would it be fare to say the Appple faithful vastly outnumber the webos faithful? Of course I have no way to prove either.
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    I have this theory that HP is actually making a push to be relevant in markets outside the US more so than in the US. If we take a look at all the recent events that are webOS related, the majority of them are in those other markets. The latest celebrity deal is also for a celebrity that's well known in non-US markets.

The reason I think that HP is doing this: the US market is pretty much a duopoly right now between iOS and Android. HP probably feels like they have a better chance of succeeding by targeting those other markets first and build enough of a momentum and base, before they can be taken seriously "at home."
    i never thought about this. i like where your coming from and i think you may have something here.
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post

Bad comparison.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123