Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    This is crazy, Iphone was announced close a month before it was released on Verizon and ATT, why cant H/P come out and say, Veer will be released on May 2nd or May 30th or whatever the date is.

    Why does it has to wait till the very very last second, and then do a dud announcement. I know their has to be carrier testing, but are they treating them so so so bad, that they cant tell them a month in advance when the phone can be released? I bet Apple comes out and say March 11th, thats when the phone is released, March 11th, not a day later. Why cant H/P come clean and tell a date.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  2. #2  
    I bet you its becuase they don't want to announce what isn't available yet. So I expect a "Now available from AT&T, you will be able to purchase from the HP Wireless Store." And then coming the following week in-store.

    Rest assured. Its happening in May.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    I bet you its becuase they don't want to announce what isn't available yet. So I expect a "Now available from AT&T, you will be able to purchase from the HP Wireless Store." And then coming the following week in-store.

    Rest assured. Its happening in May.
    It goes to show, it will be a soft launch like pre-2, no one would buy it for no one would know about it, why are they not learning from pre-2 mistake?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM313 View Post
    it will be on the hp site for sale soon....
    That sounds bad, like pre-2 launch
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  5. ooccoo's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    #5  
    I'd like to know the launch date, too. But more importantly... I'd like to know if there'll ever be a launch for Verizon.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ooccoo View Post
    I'd like to know the launch date, too. But more importantly... I'd like to know if there'll ever be a launch for Verizon.
    I doubt a verizon launch soon, H/P is way busy with TP to think of phones
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  7. #7  
    Yeah, HP has what? Seven or eight people working on hardware. They can only develop one device at a time, and they're working on the TouchPad now. That's the problem with being a tiny company.

    Errr.... actually, if you're listening, HP aren't just working on the TouchPad alone at all, and are very aware that it's about the ecosystem and not individual devices. They just won't give out any concrete news before it's actually time - like Apotheker said, weeks before launch.

    The February event seems, in hindsight, to have been a strategic announcement because, if you will remember, people were running around like headless chickens saying that the moon is going to fall on our heads and that HP will abandon webOS outright. So they held an event to prove to those people that they were wrong: yes, HP is going to double down on webOS; yes, new devices are in the pipeline; yes, these devices will include a tablet; yes, there will be even more devices than the ones we showed; yes, more devices will be released across the year; and yes, webOS will be on PCs (they didn't say that outright until a few weeks later but there was a slide with a desktop PC clipart when they were talking about 'new form factors' at Think Beyond).
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Yeah, HP has what? Seven or eight people working on hardware. They can only develop one device at a time, and they're working on the TouchPad now. That's the problem with being a tiny company.

    Errr.... actually, if you're listening, HP aren't just working on the TouchPad alone at all, and are very aware that it's about the ecosystem and not individual devices. They just won't give out any concrete news before it's actually time - like Apotheker said, weeks before launch.

    The February event seems, in hindsight, to have been a strategic announcement because, if you will remember, people were running around like headless chickens saying that the moon is going to fall on our heads and that HP will abandon webOS outright. So they held an event to prove to those people that they were wrong: yes, HP is going to double down on webOS; yes, new devices are in the pipeline; yes, these devices will include a tablet; yes, there will be even more devices than the ones we showed; yes, more devices will be released across the year; and yes, webOS will be on PCs (they didn't say that outright until a few weeks later but there was a slide with a desktop PC clipart when they were talking about 'new form factors' at Think Beyond).

    So when will Veer come out? and how long before it comes out should H/P announce the date it is coming out? One day? One week? One month?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  9. #9  
    The veer will be out in May (this month). I have knowlegde of it being soo. Just dont' know a exact date in may. I'd put my money on sooner rather then later.

    SO don't get your knickers in a bunch.
  10. #10  
    the Veer will launch in about 3 weeks . on the 21st i believe it is !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  11. #11  
    hopefully not another soft launch like the pre2
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    hopefully not another soft launch like the pre2
    I bet a press release from HP saying have at it. Just like the pre2 and webos 2.x :-p
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    SO don't get your knickers in a bunch.
    I will get them in a bunch, because I want Veer NOW!!!!!111!!1! I want Veer announcement NOW!!!!!1111!!!1! I want it now, like the Xoom and Playbook, even if it's not ready, like the... Xoom and Playbook... But I want it NOW ANYWAY!!!!!111!!1!


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  14.    #14  
    So I cant understand, if veer is coming this month, why cant H/P announce a date?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    So I cant understand, if veer is coming this month, why cant H/P announce a date?
    So you're saying they should announce a date for the announcement?

    Maybe announce a date on which an announcement for the announcement is to be announced? But shouldn't THAT announcement be announced beforehand??

    If HP announces something months in advance, it's too early. If they wait with the announcement until the product can hit shelves, it's too late.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    the Veer will launch in about 3 weeks . on the 21st i believe it is !!
    Sources??
  17. #17  
    Launching phones like this is much like trying to launch a rocket into orbit using baking soda and vinegar...
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    So you're saying they should announce a date for the announcement?

    Maybe announce a date on which an announcement for the announcement is to be announced? But shouldn't THAT announcement be announced beforehand??

    If HP announces something months in advance, it's too early. If they wait with the announcement until the product can hit shelves, it's too late.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    oh I get it they will do an announcement sometime in May and after2-3 weeks launch the phone. i hope that how it goes, rather than do an announcement two days before launch
    If this helped you hit thanks.

Posting Permissions